E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
CaptainMorganS4

My Ride: 01BMW330CI SOLDb5s4
Bmw performance strut bar

im trading in my lemon car to the dealership monday.. i can't let the engine go out on me and cause any more loss.

send me a PM with your offers; i won't talk prices over this thread.. the car is on Blistein red and yellow shocks.. i wish i could pull those bad boys off since thats where most of my money is being lost at. if you live in texas and think you can remove the shocks/struts without hurting the vehicle then im up for it since the dealership is giving me $3,500 for a car i just bought for $10k.

like father.. like son
CaptainMorganS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
I'm in Dallas, would love shocks, Elliot (In Cedar Hill) Might be able to remove them for you, I will take strut bar, how much?

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
CaptainMorganS4

If your in Dallas, do you know a indian guy named KEVIN his first name is really Aenehzodaze? I bought the car from that guy and he ripped me off big time. He said he was a forum member on here.

Would you be able to replace the shocks with OEM or ones that will allow me to take it to the dealership? i cant take it to them in pieces but they are whole selling the car so i know they will take the shocks off and sell them for full price.

like father.. like son
Old 11-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

Never heard of him, that sucks big time. I don't know if they will fit on my car, I trust Elliot, not too many other fanatics in the Dallas area. Where are you located, i'm in Lake Highlands and know of several good shops. I have a 2000 323i sedan. PM me or email me.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)

Last edited by BigDRick323; 11-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
CaptainMorganS4

i just got under the car and im sorry but their EIBACH springs and struts i think not blistein. red and yellow

like father.. like son
Old 11-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #6
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorganS4 View Post
i just got under the car and im sorry but their EIBACH springs and struts i think not blistein. red and yellow
Oh, you need them done before tomorrow, I don't think that's going to happen on the shocks and struts, I work all day in Ft. Worth tomorrow. I don't know if it would be worth the cost of switching them out. If you take off the strut bar I would be interested in it for a good deal.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
xaviman

My Ride: Supercharged
im interested in the bar, could you pm me a price?

Screen shot 2014-01-25 at 12.36.33 PM by xaviman, on Flickr
Instagram: xaviman
xaviman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #8
TiAg323ci

My Ride: 2000 323ci
I feel your pain but trading that car in to the stealership may not be be the best option. Dealerships are crooks who do nothing but lowball you. If you don't want the car any longer consider selling it on this site or on craigslist, cars.com and disclose the issues to prospective buyers. It sounds like the car has some decent mods and I would guess it would certainly be worth more than $3500
Koni FSD's | Eibach Pro Springs |Staggered 19" VMR 710's | Hotchkiss Sway Bars | BMW Performance CF Strut Bar | Meyle HD Control Arms, RSM, Diff. bushing | Powerflex FCAB, RTAB| Brembo Sport Slotted Rotors + Akebono Euro Ceramic | Simota CF CAI | Conforti Shark Injector | Stewart Water Pump | M3 front and rear spoilers | Depo smoked front/side signals, Eagle Eye smoked LED tails | ACS interior trim/pedals | UUC Rob Knob 5 & floor mats |
TiAg323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:47 PM   #9
CaptainMorganS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg323ci View Post
I feel your pain but trading that car in to the stealership may not be be the best option. Dealerships are crooks who do nothing but lowball you. If you don't want the car any longer consider selling it on this site or on craigslist, cars.com and disclose the issues to prospective buyers. It sounds like the car has some decent mods and I would guess it would certainly be worth more than $3500
the problem is.. i'm not sure what all the issues are because of previous owner knowing exactly what to say but had nothing to back it up in the end. the car started literally leaking every type of fluid it has except transmission fluid.

i paid more than blue book value for the maintenance it never had performed.. so i dont have a way to pay the bank back if i sell it private party for half or less of the original price i bought it for.

i've already sanked $1,350 into it 2 weeks after i bought it.

like father.. like son
Old 11-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #10
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
I feel your pain.

Just for future reference. Did you get a PPI performed on the car? If you are buying a used car, ALWAYS get a PPI performed. Do Not believe what anyone tells you about a car unless it is written down and signed. And even then reserve a little skepticism.

Sometimes you have to even spend money right after you buy a vehicle for additional piece of mind. (I'm not saying the previous owner didn't rip you off,) I spent $2700 two minutes after buying my car to have all the hoses, fluids, and brakes completely done.

It is the cost of admission sometimes. Good luck with the sale and better luck with the new vehicle.

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
CaptainMorganS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJLavelle View Post
PM me with a price for the strut bar.
I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but what the Hell happened here? If the guy lied about the service records, why can't you force him to take it back? Have you asked for some advice on the General Forum, to see if there are other options besides taking a drastic loss? I would think you would have better luck parting it out, maybe finding a buyer that will pay for a good base car for a race build. I am just wondering what happened, and if there may be better options for you. If you really don't want to get into it, I understand, and you can just tell me to mind my own business. It sounds like you are in a desperate situation, and I can't help thinking there may be better options. Either way, good luck with everything.

Well i just got out of a 2001 AUDI S4.. saw this BMW on autotrader.com and talked to the guy on the phone for awhile.. he lived in Dallas, Tx and i live about 3 and a half hours away in College Station, he told me everything i wanted to hear about the maintenance and that he had an A4 audi before he started BMW and that it constantly had boost leaks.. so i took the guys word for it and it sounded educated. the car add on autotrader stated all of the upgrades including that the ENTIRE COOLANT SYSTEM HAD BEEN REPLACED. he basically went over the subframe issue.. everything just because he must have had so many previous potential buyers that he knew what was going to sink his a**

Now im sitting here with the most beat to crap BMW i've ever seen. I bought the car instantly because i had taken a bank loan out with a bank that is really crappy because they didn't want to hand me cash they wanted to sign the check in the sellers name and the only security measures they did was call the seller and ask him for the address..

guess what.. the idiot told them his address spelled differently so that it wasn't the same.. who knows if that is even his current address because i found 2 others to go by on insurance cards.. ive been tempted to drive to all 3 but i dont need another felony on my record for killing a thief.

it has a massive oil leak which are from the oil filter housing gasket and the oil pan itself im guessing, as well as 2nd gear is messed up from probably a short shift kit install that went wrong.. i mean come on guys i can't even type all the stuff that is wrong with this thing. i really really really dont know how i didn't notice 2nd gear when i bought it.. i was so excited to get a BMW that i just got hustled by a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
I feel your pain.

Just for future reference. Did you get a PPI performed on the car? If you are buying a used car, ALWAYS get a PPI performed. Do Not believe what anyone tells you about a car unless it is written down and signed. And even then reserve a little skepticism.

Sometimes you have to even spend money right after you buy a vehicle for additional piece of mind. (I'm not saying the previous owner didn't rip you off,) I spent $2700 two minutes after buying my car to have all the hoses, fluids, and brakes completely done.

It is the cost of admission sometimes. Good luck with the sale and better luck with the new vehicle.

like father.. like son
Old 11-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #12
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
PM me with a price for the strut bar.
I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but what the Hell happened here? If the guy lied about the service records, why can't you force him to take it back? Have you asked for some advice on the General Forum, to see if there are other options besides taking a drastic loss? I would think you would have better luck parting it out, maybe finding a buyer that will pay for a good base car for a race build. I am just wondering what happened, and if there may be better options for you. If you really don't want to get into it, I understand, and you can just tell me to mind my own business. It sounds like you are in a desperate situation, and I can't help thinking there may be better options. Either way, good luck with everything.
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
SUHLeen

My Ride: 2005 Saleen Mustang
Pm me price

- Phil
11 335is - TT 7 spd DCT daily :)
05 Saleen Mustang - forged, stroked, blown,... and on some juice
01 BMW 330ci - Totaled by some bish!
Financial Help
SUHLeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #14
MJLavelle

Can you quantify what you mean by massive oil leak? Is it a measurable amount lost every time you drive it? Is it leterally pouring oil? Because it is not unusual for the oil filter housing gasket to leak on older cars. It may look like a lot, but it really is not that much. Also, it is almost impossible to tell if the oil pan gasket is leaking with the filter housing gasket leaking. I understand you are disappointed about the problems, but it almost sounds like you are just giving up andw taking a big loss, rather than trying to fix the car. You mention several leaks, but these are all repairable, and not at a huge cost. The transmission issue may not be a horrible deal either. You may want to take a deep breath, and make an honest assessment of exactly how bad the leaks are. You got screwed over somewhat (maybe a lot) by the seller, but don't screw yourself worse by selling a car for a loss. Get a few opinions about the severity and cost involved to fix the oil leaks. My advice would be to slow down, and not let your emotion force you in to selling the car for a loss. You have some leaks, and that sucks. But they may not be "game over" leaks. So, let's start with what you consider a massive oil filter housing leak. How much oil are we talking about? Any pics?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #15
CaptainMorganS4

Quote:
Can you quantify what you mean by massive oil leak? Is it a measurable amount lost every time you drive it? Is it leterally pouring oil? Because it is not unusual for the oil filter housing gasket to leak on older cars. It may look like a lot, but it really is not that much. Also, it is almost impossible to tell if the oil pan gasket is leaking with the filter housing gasket leaking. I understand you are disappointed about the problems, but it almost sounds like you are just giving up andw taking a big loss, rather than trying to fix the car. You mention several leaks, but these are all repairable, and not at a huge cost. The transmission issue may not be a horrible deal either. You may want to take a deep breath, and make an honest assessment of exactly how bad the leaks are. You got screwed over somewhat (maybe a lot) by the seller, but don't screw yourself worse by selling a car for a loss. Get a few opinions about the severity and cost involved to fix the oil leaks. My advice would be to slow down, and not let your emotion force you in to selling the car for a loss. You have some leaks, and that sucks. But they may not be "game over" leaks. So, let's start with what you consider a massive oil filter housing leak. How much oil are we talking about? Any pics?
sorry i didn't address all of your questions.. were talking about almost a quart a day. there is visible leakage from the oil filter housing but what troubles me is a huge puddle of oil and maybe dirt on the left side (passenger side)of the engine. it might be the CVV or Vanos oil line leaking and its all gathering in that one area. its on its ORIGINAL VANOS SEALS THAT NEEDED REPLACEMENT THOUSANDS OF MILES AGO! the guy didn't replace anything unless he HAD to so theres really no telling how many problems im going to have. if he did install a short shift kit and messed it all up.. im going to use my common sense and guess its going to need a whole new transmission $$$ i honestly couldn't do this to another person so i can't imagine why this guy couldn't just tell the truth.

like father.. like son

Last edited by CaptainMorganS4; 11-29-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added problems
Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #16
cardsfan007

My Ride: 2002 330xi
I just had my oil filter housing gasket replaced due to an oil leak that looked like a lot, but really wasnt. At the same time I had both front cv boots replaced (both torn to shreds) as well as the steering column bushing. Ive also had my transmission fluid hoses burst. Things happen, hate to say it. Not trying to be an a.ss but it is an older car and things do break down over time. If you are mechanically minded most of those things can be replaced yourself. These cars are not all that difficult to work on. Im sure you could find someone in your area through here or bmwcca that would be willing to help. Just my 2 cents
cardsfan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 AM   #17
ColeD707

My Ride: 2001 325i
pm me best price.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 AM   #18
Hermes

My Ride: cars older than you
$500 is what these are going for people, stop giving OP retarded offers. If you don't want his then go to eBay and pay $1000 to that dealer who is selling the few they kept when everybody else blew theirs out a while back

Respect Your Elders
Hermes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #19
MJLavelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
$500 is what these are going for people, stop giving OP retarded offers. If you don't want his then go to eBay and pay $1000 to that dealer who is selling the few they kept when everybody else blew theirs out a while back
Someone took their hostile pills today. I did not see a single offer, lowball or otherwise in any of the posts before you wrote this. Everyone either said they sent a PM, or asked him to PM them. Your comment seems to be out of left field. Were there lowball offers posted that have been deleted?
Old 12-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #20
CaptainMorganS4

Quote:
Someone took their hostile pills today. I did not see a single offer, lowball or otherwise in any of the posts before you wrote this. Everyone either said they sent a PM, or asked him to PM them. Your comment seems to be out of left field. Were there lowball offers posted that have been deleted?
shut your computer. i got a PM that was lowballing and i let HERMES know how e46fanatics.com forums work.. crappy

the car is SOLD but the strut bar is still FOR SALE. It has the hardware that it HAS to have for installation.. i dont know if it will work on anything else than a 2001 330ci.

like father.. like son

Last edited by CaptainMorganS4; 12-02-2011 at 05:19 PM. Reason: changed "mouth" to computer.