E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Any of you guys make your own pizza dough?

Well? I can't find a good old school margharita pizza in this town so I've decided to take it upon myself to learn how to make one from scratch. I have some mozzarella from a shop down the road that's made in house, got the basil, and I'll figure out the sauce once I get the dough nailed down.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?

Buy my W126!
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
I've made my own a while ago, and honestly, the raw wheat dough that I buy from Whole Foods tasted better.

Maybe it was the recipe that I used, though.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 AM   #3
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
caputo flour or bust

http://www.fornobravo.com/brick_oven...ts/caputo.html
Old 02-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
330CK

My Ride: > your ride
http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s...zza-margherita

This is a good recipe I've used before. Also, get yourself a pizza stone if you don't have one.
330CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O

Bread flour. There are a thousand recipes online. If you don't have a mixer, just make sure you knead the **** out of it.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O
Oh yea... The stone is a must... Put it on the lowest level of your oven. If it is gas, you can place it directly on the bottom. Make sure it is in the oven BEFORE you heat it up. If you place a cold stone into a hot oven it runs a high risk of cracking. Get a cheap wood pizza peel too.

Flour the stone, it will start burning but that's OK. Make sure you keep the peel and your work surface well floured. You don't want anything to stick.
accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Yes, I use King Arthur Bread Flour. Make sure your yeast is fresh and that you let it sit for a little while to rest, and use a pizza stone with parchment paper to make it easy to take things on and off the pizza stone. The pizza stone should be heated for 45 minutes in the oven before you put the pizza in, and the pizza cooks quickly at the highest temperature in the oven....7 minutes or so.

For the dough, roll it out nice and even and give it a toss once you roll it out so it doesn't shrink back in on itself.

i think this is the recipe I've been using, but I just look it up when I need it.
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/homemade_pizza/

For the sauce I like to use saute some onion and garlic, add in crushed tomato, crushed red pepper, basil, and oregano. let it simmer for a while and then add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 02-26-2012 at 10:29 PM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
ZimZimma328Ci

My Ride: Mopar
Send a message via AIM to ZimZimma328Ci
I was making my own in a bread maker, but it took a while to do and then saw it at Publix for $1.99 and figured it is a waste of time and money when I can buy it so cheap.