E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
camgill89

My Ride: bmw 330ci
the best mods for e46 m3

im looking to buy an m3 and wondering what are some mods that i could do to my m3 to dress it up a lil bit and still have it look classy i just wanted some ideas on diffrent looks i guess thanks guys
and anyone that has any info on an stick e46 m3 for around 14.5k plz let me know
camgill89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
///BeckeR

My Ride: 03 TiAg 330i ZHP
search.

and wrong section

03 TiAg 330i ZHP
///BeckeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
I moved your thread over to the M3 forum. There are endless thinks you could do to an M3, you'll have to be more specific or as suggested start by searching around to see what you like.

Post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the classifieds to see what members have for used M3s.

Good luck,
Tim
tim330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Who is going to tell him about the maintenance? Where's dmax?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Read this thread

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=190111

Then maybe you'll get an idea of what it's going to cost to actually OWN an M3 let alone modify it. Especially since you're looking for a "cheap" one as it seems.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
BWOODM3

My Ride: 2002 M3 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Who is going to tell him about the maintenance? Where's dmax?
haha you guys are like women!
BWOODM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 AM   #7
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I'm sure if you get an e46 M that it won't need any maintenance. The guys seem to be liking the 'painting tires body color' mod, so make sure you don't get black, otherwise that mod is sort of useless.

The non-Ms need a lot of maintenance, but the M, being the pinnacle of the e46 fleet, really can go for tens of thousands of miles without doing anything. Also, the oil is so thick, that you hardly need to change it as the car can't tell the difference between it and sludge.

Drop, stagger, hellaflush, lose sap, lose ccv, chip, exhaust, headers, argon in the tires and you should be all good.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
J.J4ck0wsk1

My Ride: 04 IR M3 Coupe M/T
^ ****in' priceless is all I got to say..
Old 04-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'm sure if you get an e46 M that it won't need any maintenance. The guys seem to be liking the 'painting tires body color' mod, so make sure you don't get black, otherwise that mod is sort of useless.

The non-Ms need a lot of maintenance, but the M, being the pinnacle of the e46 fleet, really can go for tens of thousands of miles without doing anything. Also, the oil is so thick, that you hardly need to change it as the car can't tell the difference between it and sludge.

Drop, stagger, hellaflush, lose sap, lose ccv, chip, exhaust, headers, argon in the tires and you should be all good.
You really should upgrade to a M3 if you want to play in the douche sandbox with us.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
You really should upgrade to a M3 if you want to play in the douche sandbox with us.
I prefer playing in my all inclusive sandbox, where douches of all types are welcome! You really shouldn't think that because you have extra HPs that you're extra special, you know! We've all got four wheels...although some of us, like me, actually have five also!

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set

dmax on the radio every Wednesday 7-9 p.m. NYC time. Call in! (661) 449-9340 watsonnwatson.com
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
alkemyst

My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
I prefer playing in my all inclusive sandbox, where douches of all types are welcome! You really shouldn't think that because you have extra HPs that you're extra special, you know! We've all got four wheels...although some of us, like me, actually have five also!
silly, it's not the extra HP, it's that M badge.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
sr71blackbird92

My Ride: 2004 325i - 2002 M3
Quote:
Hey! I have 5 wheels too...
They're just not on/in the car at the same time

02 M3: 19" OEM Wheels - OEM CSL Bumper - OEM CSL Steering Wheel - Headers - Angel Eyes - Carbon Fiber Interior Wrap - Smoked Corners - Powerflex Bushings All Around - New Vanos - New Clutch

05 545i Daily Driver - Space Gray Metallic with the Sport Package

2004 325i Sport - Sold | 1997 E39 540i6 - Sold
sr71blackbird92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #13
Taunto

My Ride: 05 CB M3 SMG
Search search search. I just personally just purchased a m3 last week and I have been on this fourm for almost a year. Find pictures. Search. Read members journals if they have made any. Dressing up your m3 comes down to personal preferences. Modifying it to what suites you n your style is what makes the automotive industry so vast n diverse. You could throw some 22 inch spinners if you wanted. All on how you want your car to look.

That being said. I would worry on buying the m3 first then do all prevenative maitenence first before you do a list of mods.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Bimmer App
Taunto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #14
putyoursoxon

My Ride: 03 M3
putyoursoxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
MattEM3

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 SMG
If you don't care about if it's legal or illegal, getting rid of the cat infested headers is a musttt
Followed up by some intake and a conforti chip
That is like atleast 50+ hp and torque by those 3 mods...
MattEM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #16
SteveOhh

My Ride: 2006 Silver Grey M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattEM3 View Post
If you don't care about if it's legal or illegal, getting rid of the cat infested headers is a musttt
Followed up by some intake and a conforti chip
That is like atleast 50+ hp and torque by those 3 mods...

Yea? Really? Ya think so? Show me a dyno run to prove that number. You will NOT get 50Hp from those 3 simple mods.
2006 Silver Grey-Cinnamon Int M3 / SMG / Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers / Rogue Engineering Ft Sway Bar / Rogue Engineering El Diablo Exhaust with Ti Tips / Rogue Engineering Rasp Pipe / Rogue Engineering 20mm ft and 15mm rr Spacers with Factory 19's / Stealth Auto Matte Black Kidney Grille and Side Gills / Color Matched Bumper Reflectors / Depo Smoked Side Markers / Carbon Trunk Lip Spoiler / Carbon SMG Paddles / Apexcone CNC Aluminum Pedals
SteveOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #17
MattEM3

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveOhh View Post
Yea? Really? Ya think so? Show me a dyno run to prove that number. You will NOT get 50Hp from those 3 simple mods.
I mean, it's no dyno, but it's an approximation from a company I trust
P.S- Chill out man, just giving my two shits. No need to get your panties in a bunch
http://www.modbargains.com/_e/E46_Pe...rmance_Kit.htm
MattEM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #18
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
30 to 40HP.
I dont know my baseline, but i was at 301rwhp with those mods plus a RE EL DIablo exhaust. Did we say Panel filter too?
The one single mod that did 80% was the cat extermination plus Ebay headers.
T
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #19
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
30 to 40HP.
I dont know my baseline, but i was at 301rwhp with those mods plus a RE EL DIablo exhaust. Did we say Panel filter too?
The one single mod that did 80% was the cat extermination plus Ebay headers.
The 301HP that you end up with feels worth the money spent. Definitely. Its something you really feel.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
PerkM3
Account Under Review

My Ride: 2004 SG M3 ESS-550
I've done about everything possibly performance wise (minus BBK) and I would say that gears (3.91 or 4.10), headers, and tune are the best go fast mods you can do. Other than those, coilovers are a great mod and a good brake pad and good fluid can make a big difference.

As for buying an m3 for 14.5k, if I were in the market today I wouldn't pay anything less than 20k for a well maintained and documented car. You get what you pay for and the maintenence on these cars isn't cheap especailly if you have a vanos or smg failure.
PerkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote