E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Limited Edition Fire Orange M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition

BMW M3 Lime Rock Park Limited Edition

BMW of North America is pleased to announce the 2013 M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition, of which 200 copies will be built this summer. Priced from $70,995 including $895 Destination and Handling, the M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition will be "...a classic car for a classic track," as described by Skip Barber, owner of the historic Lime Rock Park racing circuit located in northwestern Connecticut. BMW and Lime Rock Park have collaborated on the M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition to celebrate the longstanding relationship between BMW automobiles, the famed Lime Rock Park racing circuit, and the thousands of passionate drivers and fans who join them together. The limited edition coupes go into production in August with 25 being built per week. Dealerships will start getting deliveries in September, if you want on of these rare orange M3s act quickly. Each dealership will only get one car and once they're gone, they're gone.

The BMW M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition will be constructed on the foundation of the iconic BMW M3 Coupe, now in its fourth generation, with enhancements selected through collaboration with Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park. Each car will be painted in rare Fire Orange and features Anthracite and Black cloth seating with Nappa leather trim. The popular Competition Package is fitted, and the M3's signature carbon fiber composite roof panel will be retained on all copies produced. Also in the standard equipment profile will be a lightweight inconel-titanium exhaust muffler, carbon fiber front and rear aerodynamic aids, and an Anthracite Alcantara-covered, flat-bottom steering wheel. Finally, each M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition will be quickly identified by a numbered plaque located on the center console, a unique decal on the left-rear quarter window, and a certificate of authenticity.

2013 limited edition M3 lime rock park M3

California-based racing driver Bill Auberlen, whose career has been synonymous with the BMW brand in America for 17 years and includes over 300 professional races in BMW cars, joined Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park management on July 3rd, 2012 to evaluate the prototype of the M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition on the famed 1.5-mile circuit. Just a few days before starting his 100th American Le Mans Series race at Lime Rock Park, Auberlen remarked, "A race car is never allowed to be perfect. It's the job of the driver to constantly suggest improvements and find more speed. But the M3 Lime Rock Park Edition may be as close to perfect as you can get, right off the production line. From its great color to the flawless manners it showed on the track, for the first time I can say I might not change a thing."

The balanced, linear driving dynamics of the BMW M3 Coupe are often described as a perfect match for the challenging Lime Rock Park circuit. As described by track owner Skip Barber:

"A newcomer looks at the track map and thinks, 'Oh, this is easy.' It's not. Lime Rock is an extremely difficult track to drive quickly. It has three of what many drivers think are some of the most challenging corners in North America: The Uphill, West Bend and The Downhill," Barber said. "There are tricky cambers, extreme elevation changes, very high speeds... all Lime Rock signatures since it opened 55 years ago. And the BMW M3 Coupe Lime Rock Park Edition, when equipped with the six-speed manual, is geared perfectly - and I mean perfectly - for the track. I agree with Bill: I wouldn't change a thing."

2013 Lime Rock Edition M3 Base Equipment
  • Model Year 2013 M3 Coupe
  • Fire Orange exterior paint from BMW Individual
  • Competition Package (ZCP) with style 359M 19" wheels
  • Anthracite and black cloth manual adjustment seats with Nappa leather trip
  • Inconel and titanium exhaust
  • Carbon fiber front splitter
  • Carbon fiber rear trunk spoiler
  • Anthracite alcantara steering wheel with flat bottom and blue center stripe
  • 6 speed manual transmission
  • Carbon fiber roof
  • Carbon leather trim (4MY)

2013 Lime Rock Edition M3 Optional Equipment
  • Premium package (ZPP)
  • Cold weather package (ZCW)
  • Navigation system (609)
  • M-DCT transmission (2MK)
  • Comfort access (322)
  • Power rear sunshade (415)
  • Heated front seats (494)
  • Park distance control (507)
  • Automatic high beam headlights (5AC)
  • Satellited radio (655)
  • BMW Apps (6NR)
  • BMW individual enhanced premium sound (752)
  • Black competition package wheels- Style 359M (limited availability)

Equipment and options not available on the 2013 Lime Rock Park Edition M3
  • Moonroof
  • Non-black interior color
  • Any other interior trim then listed
  • European Delivery not available
  • Performance Delivery not available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_1.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	459622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_2.jpg
Views:	28996
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	459623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_3.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	459624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_4.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	459625  

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_5.jpg
Views:	5308
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	459626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_6.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	459627   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_7.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	459628   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_8.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	459629  

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_9.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	459630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_10.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	459631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_11.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	459632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire-Orange-BMW-M3-Lime-Rock-Park-Edition_12.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	459633  

Last edited by tim330i; 07-06-2012 at 02:31 PM.
tim330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
05M3SMG

My Ride: bmw drop top
Send a message via AIM to 05M3SMG
Any piks?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05M3SMG View Post
Any piks?
Just uploaded. Look again.

Tim
tim330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
05M3SMG

My Ride: bmw drop top
Send a message via AIM to 05M3SMG
Nice.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Slopestyle

My Ride: E46 '02. 330Ci Coup
I just sh!t a kitten!
Slopestyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013 m3, bill auberlen, bmw m3, e92 fire orange m3, e92 m3, fire orange, lime rock m3, lime rock park, lime rock park m3, limited edition m3, m3, skip barber