E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Fatal Flash

My Ride: '12 RRS, '12 Evoque
Accredited shops for motor swaps...

I need to have the motor swapped on my E36 M3...S52 to S52 , however it was converted to OBDI. I will attempt to keep the modded ECU and just have it linked to the new motor.

I am looking for some guys to give recommendations to a very accredited shop to do this job...I've gone to a few who are either exorbitant on pricing which doesn't reflect the quality of their labor, or are way out of the way.

Looking in NY / NJ area.

If you are a shop saying you can do it, on these forums, please just immediately send me a quote via PM. I plan on having it all ready by Thursday AM.

Thanks in advance.

Fatal Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Impressive Autowerks, Motorcepts are 2 nice places.
zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
trippmann

My Ride: E30
Send a message via AIM to trippmann
motorcepts as i hear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa02e46 View Post
^It seriously was the worst decision of my life to sign up for this site.
trippmann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
nek0

My Ride: e85 turbo m3
motorcepts is good... but why not take it to vac? if price is not an issue they can surely take care of that
nek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
phamine

My Ride: 01 Orient Blue 330i
Send a message via AIM to phamine Send a message via Yahoo to phamine
There's OMG Motorsports out in Farmingdale. Small shop. They mainly do the reverse wasp putting S52s into E30s.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/OMG-Mo...9380321?ref=pb
Old 07-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
Fatal Flash

Thanks for the recommendation Phamine, and nek0.

With the Impressive recommendation - I would tread away from mechanicals as I'm friends with Lennon. We all know what happened there.

I went to them for paint though - they did an exceptional job. Will return for that if I ever need more.

As for Motorcepts - I WAS contemplating going there. Some words of advice to all you fan boys...you make me ****ing SICK. You're the reason I don't visit these forums anymore. It's so obvious that you give these empty recommendations to blow them and are the same migrating pack which originated with Impressive. You guys are a BAD look for them. It's a shame. Yes, some of you didn't originate from that pack, but your intentions are totally clear. Guys like you didn't exist 4 years ago when everyone was on here in faith and decent intention. You guys are like spammers. SO annoying.

PM from YoungPro: "Get it done right the first time at Motorcepts. Having peace of mind that your car will leave the way it came and the quality that goes into it is unbelieveably excellent. Motorcepts or go home... Hope that helps with your decision "

Really man....? Sounds like a TV ad for a wristwatch that is going to expire in 7 minutes and 32 seconds and I need to "CALL NOW" before I lose my chance!

---

To all the other forum members who contacted me, I appreciate the references and recommendations. I will be getting in touch.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
lennon31987

My Ride: imolarot II M
Send a message via AIM to lennon31987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post
Thanks for the recommendation Phamine, and nek0.

With the Impressive recommendation - I would tread away from mechanicals as I'm friends with Lennon. We all know what happened there.

I went to them for paint though - they did an exceptional job. Will return for that if I ever need more.

As for Motorcepts - I WAS contemplating going there. Some words of advice to all you fan boys...you make me ****ing SICK. You're the reason I don't visit these forums anymore. It's so obvious that you give these empty recommendations to blow them and are the same migrating pack which originated with Impressive. You guys are a BAD look for them. It's a shame. Yes, some of you didn't originate from that pack, but your intentions are totally clear. Guys like you didn't exist 4 years ago when everyone was on here in faith and decent intention. You guys are like spammers. SO annoying.

PM from YoungPro: "Get it done right the first time at Motorcepts. Having peace of mind that your car will leave the way it came and the quality that goes into it is unbelieveably excellent. Motorcepts or go home... Hope that helps with your decision "

Really man....? Sounds like a TV ad for a wristwatch that is going to expire in 7 minutes and 32 seconds and I need to "CALL NOW" before I lose my chance!

---

To all the other forum members who contacted me, I appreciate the references and recommendations. I will be getting in touch.

same guys told me to go to impressive and flamed the hell out of me for speaking out against.

ILLm3 hates me cause im GGGOOODLOOKIIINN

seeking detailing perfection?
lennon31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Flash View Post

Your the one asking about what shop to go to. There is a sticky for sponsered shops. We have people like you who post stupid questions like "OH SH&T, IDK WHAT SHOP TO GO TO, HELP ME". I see it at least once every 2 days.
Why do you bother posting if you already know what everyone is going to say? Youngpro, he even pm'ed you. Your the one blowing his sh%t up on this thread. Since many members have went to motorcepts, and had their cars worked on, the least we can do is recommend others to go there. Leo doesnt go and tell us to do anything for him. He actually tells us NOT to blow up the name Motorcepts all over the place so people dont say what your saying now. With his expertise in e46s and etc, he doesnt need advertising. And, its not called being a fan boy. Please, do stay off the forum if you have to. Its not RRfanatics.

Last edited by zhenkaaaM3; 07-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
Sofresh2Clean

My Ride: ...
Ok, so I gave myself a day to take this in before commenting.. lmao. Here goes.

Fatal Flash:

I must agree with you that constant "empty" recommendations can be detrimental to the "faith" you might have in member's reviews/experiences as a source. I also understand that you have a problem with fan-boys. I made the mistake of getting involved with lennon in the Unimpressive auto thread and will never do that again. That was a bad call on my part and since then I've learned.

However, I Pm'ed you - which stands for private message not public since your incapable of reading forum rules well and dont know what abbrev. stand for-. Read over what I wrote again and put your foot in your mouth. It was a simple recommendation with a comical tone and If you didnt like it, Pm me back and say **** up ( wouldnt take any offense Im a cool dude) or simply dont respond. So just calm down, (try) to get laid and dont take it so serious cupcake O.k.? Ok. <3

And I have a question: Are you mentally defective? of course you are! You ask a question on a public forum and get upset when people give their opinions/answers. Its like taking a poll for your favorite Ice cream and throwing a ***** fit when the majority say they like vanilla over chocolate. Seriously, Guy, get a damn grip.. or some critical thinking skills.. or both . If you dont want to listen to us on a public forum GTFO. There are so many threads created almost every week asking for recommendations. In addition you've been around for a little while so I bet you know which shops are accredited for motor swaps within the NY/NJ area. You also know shops so instead of whining like a girl look up numbers and call for yourself. Grow up and become a big boy and make decisions for yourself. We the forum members are a supplement to your research.. Did you learn how to research in college? Wait.. Dont answer that the answer is evident...

Finally, making a "strike" against Motorcepts due to "fanBoys" shows how well developed your thinking process is ..or isnt rather .. .. People will always be there to give their two cents but its your job to take the info you need or ignore it. That what mature people do.

I usually dont let stuff like this get to needing my attention but i had to let you that you were out of line 100%. Im not going to hide behind my computer like a punk and let you use my words to prove your weak point(s). Dont make the mistake to cross me the way you did again because unlike everyone else I will blow your spot up infront of the entire tristate.. I got nothing to lose here and you dont know me and I dont know you. .. I got to let you know that your wrong and Im sure others can see it. I did right by Motorcepts to PM you instead of posting publicly. At least give me that, and that I spent approx. 1 min 4 seconds to write that message. No disrespect Leo or Motorcepts, Im not a fan boy ( well maybe I was once ) and dont let my words allow any of you to cast judgement upon their business. I am totally unassociated with them.

Hope you learned something.

Last edited by Sofresh2Clean; 07-26-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Sofresh2Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Driiven

My Ride: bimmers
Easy question to answer ... Bimmerclinic Done And Done. No bullshit from them EVER.

I had to edit this thread to concur with a previous poster. Most forums create an enviornment for 'know it all' types and fanboys that have no idea how their car even works but have plenty of time to post useless drivel all day long. They then spew about places that did some minor work for them and treat the place like its some sort of second ****in coming. So I'm suppose to spend thousands on a build at location xyz based on a referall of yours from an angel eyes install done for you for 50 bucks... This kind of mentality is what steered me wrong some 5 years ago with motorsport recycling.

Last edited by Driiven; 10-26-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Driiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
lennon31987

My Ride: imolarot II M
Send a message via AIM to lennon31987
haha impressive, where you will leave with more problems than you can in with! guysOP is looking for an ACCREDITED shop that is just that, if we want chop shop operation OP & I would attempt this ourselves (and still do a better job)

ILLm3 hates me cause im GGGOOODLOOKIIINN

seeking detailing perfection?

Last edited by lennon31987; 07-25-2012 at 08:45 AM.
lennon31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
99FRC

My Ride: 06 Aw-Imola M3
motorcepts

** Removed - Tim330i **
His--06 Alpine White-Imola M3 (Cf Splitters,Cf Trunk,Cf Diffuser,Cf Grills,Cf Emblems,Led DDE,8000k lights,F1 Interior Led,Eclipse 6620,Focal K2P,RF 360.2)
Hers--01 Hellrot-330 Widebody(Rial Daytona Wheels,Fk452,DDM Coilovers,Cf Splitters,Cf Diffuser,Cf Badges,M3 Front Bumper,M3 Rear Bumper,M3 Skirts,M3 Mirrors,M3 Hood,M3 Mouldings
99FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
04yfz

My Ride: A car
My friend had his blown engine swapped at motorcepts without any issues, so I wouldn't write them off. With that said, you completely nailed it about the fanboys and them making the shop seem like a gimmick, because half of these people used to recommend Impressive the way the recommend motorcepts now.

I would also recommend Max PSI in Linden.

Last edited by 04yfz; 07-25-2012 at 09:28 AM.
04yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #14
99FRC

My Ride: 06 Aw-Imola M3
well leo is driving around in a e30 with s54 if im correct

** Removed - Tim330i **
His--06 Alpine White-Imola M3 (Cf Splitters,Cf Trunk,Cf Diffuser,Cf Grills,Cf Emblems,Led DDE,8000k lights,F1 Interior Led,Eclipse 6620,Focal K2P,RF 360.2)
Hers--01 Hellrot-330 Widebody(Rial Daytona Wheels,Fk452,DDM Coilovers,Cf Splitters,Cf Diffuser,Cf Badges,M3 Front Bumper,M3 Rear Bumper,M3 Skirts,M3 Mirrors,M3 Hood,M3 Mouldings
99FRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #15
advans

My Ride: M3 ZCP, c55///amg
I have to say, every forum sponsor would be recommended to go. It's also your matter of 'preference' in the end of the day, i don't think you should base your judgement on PMs and replies from a thread you created. Each shop speaks for itself, weather is MAC, VAC, MCepts, etc. All sponsors have done exceptional work, and they all specialize in their own categories and each has a price of their own. It's really convenience, and price as well.

It's about time to make your own judgements.

____________________________________2011///M3 ZCP+C55 ////AMG
advans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #16
Fatal Flash

^ No need for lecturing here. It's called getting wind or word of mouth from people in the same community who may be aware of shops I'm not particularly aware of who aren't publicized too much. They also need help to grow and expand (got an email about a BMW tech who left the dealerships and is skilled, good guy to support). I'm in a different car community with RR's now, so I don't frequent and don't know who is pumping out work.

I already have my judgments and preconceived notions of some of these shops with their "fantastic" reputations and rap sheets. I'm trying to avoid that because some of the sponsors on here are not actually A, nor B+ quality shops. Just because they spend $400 / yr to advertise on here reflects nothing of their quality of work. Sure, they have a pretty identity on here, but it means absolutely nothing.

Thanks though, Advans.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Fatal Flash

MNC Performance is going to be the choice...thank you 02LSBVert for the recommendation and PM....fantastic shop - great guy - great pricing.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #18
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
I see you already made your selection but JSS Performance in Mineola is a good option as well. Bert Mota is the owner/head mechanic if you want to give him a call.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
Motorcepts
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Hey Fatal Flash, if im not mistaken i remember speaking to you sometime last week, glad to hear that your car is being repaired & your car will be good @ MNC , Martin is a good guy.
On a different note, I have been on this forum since the earlier days & i sort of agree that it can get annoying seeing repeated posts about vendors, but i can guarantee you that we are not affiliated in any way to these recommendation.
hope it all works out and you get your car by thursday.

Leo @ Motorcepts
Motorcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #20
Fatal Flash

^ Thanks Leo. Yeah - I buzzed you I think a month back - needed something for the car (don't exact recollect what it was. Could have been a transmission or something along those lines). I will definitely call you - this place is simply geographically closer for me and a PITA to tow with an enclosed trailer / bringing the shell home, etc.