E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
madman23

My Ride: '88 325 IX/ '95 M3
H2o 2012!!!

http://www.h2ointernational.com/

Sept 29&30 but as we all know it is a crazy weekend long event from thursday till monday. It is a crap ton of car guys and girls taking over ocean city md. If you have never been before I highly recommend it. If you consider yourself a car guy at all this is probably one of the best events on the east coast. It says VW&Audi but in the past years there have been more and more cars being invited. Last year there was a great BMW turnout at the "outcast meet" so lets see if we can top that this year.

I am on edge as to which car I will have down there. If all issues are resolved with the E30 more than likely that one. If not then the E36.

I have also posted this on a few other forums and have gotten a great response.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
blackbenzz

My Ride: Benz
I go every year and its awesome but I will probably be overseas this time
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
madman23

Damn. Hopefully for pleasure and not for work.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
madman23

If you need to rent a condo oceancityresortproperties.com is where I would go. Great staff, easy to work with, and dont care if your a group of friends or a full family.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Have never been, may roll down for Saturday only.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
madman23

As I tell everyone else it is so worth it. It kind of ruins all other meets and ive had people back me up when I say that. Haha
Old 08-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
millerb

My Ride: 99 323i
I agree with madman it is a great show and always a HUGE turnout
millerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
330icrazy

My Ride: 01 330i
It is a good show I'll be going down with a few friends. I'd like to know more about the outcast show for those of us w/o vw /audis.
330icrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
S85FTW

My Ride: E60 M5 & F30 328XI
Send a message via AIM to S85FTW
Driving down for first time sine 09.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #10
madman23

Theres no official outcast show as of right now because the vw/audi guys complained last year. Ive been talking to a few people trying to set something up though because year after year it has been a huge success and gets a ton of car guys n galz together for an insane weekend.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
Dskinn91

My Ride: 04 330i Zhp
^lol thats funny that they complained.

we should set up a time for the outcast show!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
330icrazy

My Ride: 01 330i
Let me know if you set something up for the outcast meet. I'm definitely interested and a couple of my friends would be too! its fun just to hang out on the strip though.
330icrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
madman23

Honestly for right now im going to make the thread for us bimmer guys for a meet and see where that goes. Im waiting to hear back from people from subaru forums and a few others.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #14
S85FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman23 View Post
Honestly for right now im going to make the thread for us bimmer guys for a meet and see where that goes. Im waiting to hear back from people from subaru forums and a few others.
I have one for the tri state guys in the ny/nj/ct thread. I was thinking a little more north on the strip away from the hoopla so the "vag" owners don't cry. Pun intended.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
WunderWagens

My Ride: 04 r32t
As someone come from a vw and getting into an e46 m3 now... you have to realise why people complained about the outcasts. I wouldnt say it was the bmws either, as i was there with 3 e30's and nobody said a word. Most people at that show can appreciate any make of car, until they start to mess things up. Such as the supra taking out the starewell on that hotel etc. There is huge backlash from that town against h2o because it really isnt town sanctioned such as bike week or the muscle car shows. It takes no time at all to read the local forums/sunfest forums to see how much hatred there is towards h2o. I see no reason "outsiders" cant go aslong as they are respectful, or atleast no less respectful than the vw/audi kids lol.

Turbo r32 build
WunderWagens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
S85FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunderWagens View Post
As someone come from a vw and getting into an e46 m3 now... you have to realise why people complained about the outcasts. I wouldnt say it was the bmws either, as i was there with 3 e30's and nobody said a word. Most people at that show can appreciate any make of car, until they start to mess things up. Such as the supra taking out the starewell on that hotel etc. There is huge backlash from that town against h2o because it really isnt town sanctioned such as bike week or the muscle car shows. It takes no time at all to read the local forums/sunfest forums to see how much hatred there is towards h2o. I see no reason "outsiders" cant go aslong as they are respectful, or atleast no less respectful than the vw/audi kids lol.
Not once was a BMW involved in any of the stupid incidents in years past. Only a Supra and a Subaru owner pulled gigantic idiotic moves to land themselves in prison. If a BMW owner did it the whining is understandable, no BMW owner did, therefore, quit pissing and moaning.

A lot of us are former vw/audi owners who moved onto bigger better cars i.e. porsche, bmw, mercedes. That is a main reason why you see those cars down there, aside from wordspread. I never ever went for the VW/Audi scene, I went for the good time the last weekend of summer. Bickering from current VW/Audi owners about better cars being there is just sour grapes.

Last edited by S85FTW; 08-21-2012 at 04:24 PM.
S85FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
WunderWagens

Quote:
Originally Posted by S85FTW View Post
Not once was a BMW involved in any of the stupid incidents in years past. Only a Supra and a Subaru owner pulled gigantic idiotic moves to land themselves in prison. If a BMW owner did it the whining is understandable, no BMW owner did, therefore, quit pissing and moaning.
If you read what i said, i said i dont think the bitching was towards a bmw owner. I also said i didnt see any problems with outcasts. Regardless... your bitching about someone bitching about you being at a non bmw event.

Turbo r32 build
Old 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #18
S85FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by WunderWagens View Post
If you read what i said, i said i dont think the bitching was towards a bmw owner. I also said i didnt see any problems with outcasts. Regardless... your bitching about someone bitching about you being at a non bmw event.
read my whole post.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #19
WunderWagens

Quote:
Originally Posted by S85FTW View Post
read my whole post.
yeah sorry replied before you edited. Ive never heard anyone bitching about bmws in my 5 years there. I run a german car show that does include bmw's and again i dont hear any bitching. If anything, i could see them bitching about the hondas with random stuff taped on there windows hating on vw's like ive seen in years past etc. I go for the same reasons you do, to enjoy what has turned into a week long party involving car people with the same passion i have. This will be my first year in an "outcast" vehicle, looking forward to it.

Turbo r32 build

Last edited by WunderWagens; 08-21-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #20
jbugg328

My Ride: BMW 328ci
im def going this year. i hope i get to see people from the forum there.. since im rolling with a bunch of VWs lol should be fun, ill be going down friday morning.. let me know who else is going?

Instagram : JrVincent7
jbugg328 is offline   Reply With Quote