E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
pilot1ner

My Ride: e46
Car back from SAADS/Pro Efi !!

I have had my car back from Saads and realized that I needed a fan clutch because my car was running hot. It was well over 100 degrees (117 I think with a chance of shower..haha). Anyways, Im sorry to say my built engine has leakage in two cylinders (which I have a problem with Gintani now, and that I will post a separate thread on their customer service, especially when it comes to doing leak down and compression tests..hint hint). I am soon putting in a new long block in her, but first im having fun with her. The traction control I absolutely love, but I cant wait to put some MT radials on it when I wide body it. I am soooo glad I replaced my t76 with a 6766 turbo with a QSV. That turbo spools up so fast. I think it spools faster than 3grand. When dynoing the car they kept the boost at 16lbs (due to the leakage in my 2 cylinders). I think my little scribbles on the paper, oh I mean my dyno graph (thats what I call it..) was somewhere close to 700hp, but Im not sure. I still have to have Jason email it to me. Also the car kept making power and if it werent for my two leaking cylinders I could have pushed it alot more. The custom 4in exhaust rips. When hitting the throttle you can literally hear it suck in the air. With my lightened steel fly wheel (unsprung hub) and totally solid drive line makes for rigid ride, but I like that. Saad drove in the car with me on the test drive and its good to see someone who is enthused about our platform (e46 m3/s54). I love the cut out they put in. Open throttle with the valve open sounds viscous. I wanted to say thanks to Saad racing/ Pro Efi for everything and I will be back for a long block so I can use my NOS system thats already hooked up. I posted some pics of Saad and I, also I brought a girl from work (who would have went down to a g-string...stupid me for not thinkin) Next wide body!! Ill post some videos soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saad 2.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	464757   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine bay coils.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	464758   Click image for larger version

Name:	boobs.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	464759   Click image for larger version

Name:	booty.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	464760  

Last edited by pilot1ner; 08-12-2012 at 11:38 PM.
pilot1ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Nice! Hopefully you get things worked out with Gintani...sucks to hear though. Post up graphs and the full mod list when you have a chance ...and vids of course!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Glad you got her back, hopefully with the new block you can push the power higher. Question about the QSV and your set up. What exhaust manifold are you using to run the QSV and 6766? Are you running the 4" SAAD intake also? Are you running their vacuum return oil system also?

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Glad you got her back, hopefully with the new block you can push the power higher. Question about the QSV and your set up. What exhaust manifold are you using to run the QSV and 6766? Are you running the 4" SAAD intake also? Are you running their vacuum return oil system also?
A hPF cast manifold, and yes I am running their 4 inch exhaust, yes im running their vacuum return oil system, their oil catch can, pro Efi lightning coils, cut out, switched back to OEM gearing and sol my 3.91's,extra sub frame reinforcement, drive-shop axels and turner control arms, Koni coil overs, complete Saad custom exhaust to the tips, complete Saad E85 flex fuel system,QSV, Pro-Efi system, 2150 injector clinic fuel injectors, VAC lighten steel flywheel, solid driveshaft mounts from front to back, huge intercooler, VAC e36 oil pump, hpf faramic cluch, my nitrous express custom kit(that I cant use now), hhh mmmm haha
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1ner View Post
I have had my car back from Saads and realized that I needed a fan clutch because my car was running hot. It was well over 100 degrees (117 I think with a chance of shower..haha). Anyways, Im sorry to say my built engine has leakage in two cylinders (which I have a problem with Gintani now, and that I will post a separate thread on their customer service, especially when it comes to doing leak down and compression tests..hint hint). I am soon putting in a new long block in her, but first im having fun with her. The traction control I absolutely love, but I cant wait to put some MT radials on it when I wide body it. I am soooo glad I replaced my t76 with a 6766 turbo with a QSV. That turbo spools up so fast. I think it spools faster than 3grand. When dynoing the car they kept the boost at 16lbs (due to the leakage in my 2 cylinders). I think my little scribbles on the paper, oh I mean my dyno graph (thats what I call it..) was somewhere close to 700hp, but Im not sure. I still have to have Jason email it to me. Also the car kept making power and if it werent for my two leaking cylinders I could have pushed it alot more. The custom 4in exhaust rips. When hitting the throttle you can literally hear it suck in the air. With my lightened steel fly wheel (unsprung hub) and totally solid drive line makes for rigid ride, but I like that. Saad drove in the car with me on the test drive and its good to see someone who is enthused about our platform (e46 m3/s54). I love the cut out they put in. Open throttle with the valve open sounds viscous. I wanted to say thanks to Saad racing/ Pro Efi for everything and I will be back for a long block so I can use my NOS system thats already hooked up. I posted some pics of Saad and I, also I brought a girl from work (who would have went down to a g-string...stupid me for not thinkin) Next wide body!! Ill post some videos soon.
6766 with a QSV! I bet that is pretty awesome! Can't wait till you get a long block so we can see the true results of that setup!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:23 AM   #6
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Awesome!

at the same time it sucks that your now having an engine issue that Gintani has to rectify.

Good luck and subscribed for the good news!
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #7
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
Awesome!

at the same time it sucks that your now having an engine issue that Gintani has to rectify.

Good luck and subscribed for the good news!
I just had a problem with the way Gintani handles business. They did a leak down and compression test for my car(so they say) but I dont think they did. They said there was no leakage and that everything came back fine. I removed my S/C and immediately tailored it to Saads. Leak down came back from Saads 2 cylinders were having leakage.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
How is the drone of the exhaust? Pics of muffler and full setup?
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
There is like no drone.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
7to3_enthusiast

My Ride: '04 LSB 6spd M3
Are you the first to run a 6766 with a QSV? I've heard mixed reviews about the QSV, I'm curious what your opinion is?

04 LSB M3
6sp, BSW stage 1, 19" Forgestar, PSS's, MXP exhaust, K&n intake, h&r springs, koni shocks.
87 rx7 tII 6266 BB .84 a/r in the works
00 Saturn sc2, DD, 36+ mpg
7to3_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
pilot1ner

well being that i went from S/C to turbo, that alone was a big difference. I couldnt tell you if the QSV makes it better or worse because I wouldnt know the difference. But it opens up fast!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
pilot1ner

And Im also running E85 constantly.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #13
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
Man so excited to hear more about this build! You have always kept it somewhat quiet so stoked to get an update as to where it stands now and that it is almost complete. Sorry to hear of the troubles with Gintani and hopefully that gets resolved quickly for you. Definitely subbed for future updates and videos! Also, how are the 2150s working out for you? Cold start and idle?
M5chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
Man so excited to hear more about this build! You have always kept it somewhat quiet so stoked to get an update as to where it stands now and that it is almost complete. Sorry to hear of the troubles with Gintani and hopefully that gets resolved quickly for you. Definitely subbed for future updates and videos! Also, how are the 2150s working out for you? Cold start and idle?
Honestly it runs perfect with E85.No cold start. Not recommended with just 91, but what people dont realize you can run a mixture of E85 and 91 and be fine. I drove 35 minutes away with just 91 and did not put load on it and it was fine. Man..my 6766 and the QSV together gets my car spooling around 2700rpm! No lag at all.

Last edited by pilot1ner; 08-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5chas View Post
The 2150's are proving to be more and more popular injectors for big power E85. Evidently they have a great spray pattern even at low pressures. I am a bit surprised to see them in use with turbos of less than 71mm, but they seem to work fine even with the 67mm. People are still leary of them for some reason. I dont know why. I have yet to hear of a single bad issue so far.

The PT6766 with quick spool sounds like heaven....instant boost. That is just amazing.

Last edited by Bdave; 08-13-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #16
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast View Post
Are you the first to run a 6766 with a QSV? I've heard mixed reviews about the QSV, I'm curious what your opinion is?
I think i am, I am not sure though. All I can say is when your on it, u f@$kn on it!! U feel it spool up very fast, but then again I have never had a 6766 turbo before either.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #17
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Car sounds sick! In for the new long block!!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideFox View Post
Car sounds sick! In for the new long block!!
First I wanna drive it and do a little cosmetic stuff to it(custom wide body), 5inch front lip 6inch rear. The long block will be in soon enough.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:22 AM   #19
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
Good luck! Let me know if you need any help with the body work, I own a shop that does such work in LA called RDB.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:35 AM   #20
pilot1ner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZaM3 View Post
Good luck! Let me know if you need any help with the body work, I own a shop that does such work in LA called RDB.
Thank you,I was taking my ride to Gardenia a place called auto explosion. I have seen their work its clean. Is there a website for ur shop?

Last edited by pilot1ner; 08-14-2012 at 02:42 AM.