E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Arrow Boost and Temp Gauge Install on ESS TS2

Hi Guys,
I am installing the defi racer gauges on my ESS TS2 tomorrow morning. I am hooking the boost gauge up to one of the two vacuum hoses on the intake manifold. I am connecting the oil temp gauge through the Ruff oil filter cap. I have 3 questions;

1. Does it matter which of the two vacuum hoses I connect the boost too as they are both not in use?EGR or Exhaust Flap Actuator?
2. It is a RHD car. Is the only entry from under the hood to the cabin of the car through the ECU box and is this the route I should take?
3. Last and most important question is. I am using the ATI gauge holder (the mickey mouse ears holder!). Is there any particular power supply wire behind this that you guys normally hook gauges up to or should I just borrow a voltmeter off a friend and go crazy?

Thanks in advance..

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Hi Guys,
I am installing the defi racer gauges on my ESS TS2 tomorrow morning. I am hooking the boost gauge up to one of the two vacuum hoses on the intake manifold. I am connecting the oil temp gauge through the Ruff oil filter cap. I have 3 questions;

1. Does it matter which of the two vacuum hoses I connect the boost too as they are both not in use?EGR or Exhaust Flap Actuator?
2. It is a RHD car. Is the only entry from under the hood to the cabin of the car through the ECU box and is this the route I should take?
3. Last and most important question is. I am using the ATI gauge holder (the mickey mouse ears holder!). Is there any particular power supply wire behind this that you guys normally hook gauges up to or should I just borrow a voltmeter off a friend and go crazy?

Thanks in advance..
1. I would go off the exhaust flap , dunno about the EGR vacuum but if it comes off the manifold both should be fine.
2. You have rubber grommets in the "drug bin" that you can run wires through
3. Personally i use the HU power wire , i run it to a relay and then from the relay(which feeds 12v from the jump point under the hood) to the gauges.
The iginition wires are just below where you install the ATi gauge holder so you should be able to tap the switched 12v there.
Personally i like to run things through relays
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #3
lab rat

My Ride: '02 330iT
1. doesn't matter
2. both sides - ECU and drug bin have pass-thru
3. dunno
Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
AndyN

My Ride: ESS TS2 325ci
Hey guys... Thanks for the response. I have them hooked up finally. They are hooked up throught the bin on the left hand side (when looking at the car from the front)

For the gauges I needed an ignition wire. a battery wire and a light up wire... Now when I took the cover off the steering wheel cover I found a few wires but all of them either used full battery power all the time or only when ignition...

So I went with the power from the ESS TS2 water pump as I knew that shut off when the car shuts off.. Every other connection stayed on when the car was tirned off....
Anyway I love it.. Although Irish Insurance is impossible....
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Pics of your boost and temp guage install?
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
BMANN405

My Ride: 2002 325ci
I have same supercharger kit on my car along with mickey mouse gauge pod. You can use either connection for boost gauge. Had my boost gauge and wideband air/fuel gauge installed by Turner Motorsports and they used the steering column to feed wires into cabin from engine compartment. Good Luck!
BMANN405 is offline   Reply With Quote