E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Pulled over again by the same cop - Ticket for obstructing windshield, STEVE!

So a few months back I was getting some gas, notice a bike cop (local PD) had a woman pulled over in the gas station. I drive a loud car, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a hassle when I leave. Of course, officer pulls me over as soon as I leave the station. I am respectful as I usually am with most police officers until they cross a line. This guy, exceeded that. He ticketed me for everything under the sun and told me the reason he pulled me over was my sunglasses were too big. Well.... alright, fine. Told him I was dragging his ass to court and would have everything thrown out.

Fast forward a few months, I drag his ass to court with evidence and all sorts of stuff to get it thrown out. Turns out the moron forgot his paperwork, had 6 cases thrown out and was laid into by the judge.

This morning.

The SAME FUC!IN COP pulls me over. I immediately notice its the same guy so I'm a little hesitant, but still respectful, maybe he changed his ways. Nope. The as*shole decides today hes going to ticket me for everything again (front license plate, clear corners, too low, modified exhaust (all the same sh!t)) and this time the icing on the cake is I have a sticker in my windshield obstructing my view!



Guess its back to court. Think this guy might be targeting my car at this point, any recourse I can take against this officer?
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
roastbeef
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,138
My Ride: 325ci
just because you got off on the grounds that the officer wasn't prepared doesn't mean your car still violates your state's vehicle code. he can ticket you every day for the same for the same violations.
__________________

^ DD.

Last edited by roastbeef; 10-02-2012 at 09:38 AM.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
just because you got off on the grounds that the officer wasn't prepared doesn't mean your car still violates your state's vehicle code. he can ticket you every day for the same for the same violations.
The problem isn't that. Last time half the charges were dismissed because I had them inspected at the trooper station and they were all legal. The officer in question doesn't know/understand the citations he is ticketing me for. The other half were silly things like not having registration, license with wrong address, which you really should just be warned for, but of course he gives me a ticket. Whatever, I'm fine with that, fixed it and had it dismissed with proof.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com

Last edited by blownE30M3; 10-02-2012 at 09:45 AM.
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
The problem isn't that. Last time half the charges were dismissed because I had them inspected at the trooper station and they were all legal. The office in question doesn't know/understand the citations he is ticketing me for. The other half were silly things like not having registration, license with wrong address, which you really should just be warned for, but of course he gives me a ticket. Whatever, I'm fine with that, fixed it and had it dismissed with proof.
don't worry , he's always swinging on cops' nuts no matter what they do. fact is half the cops out there don't know the laws they are issuing tickets for and the other half doesn't know what their job is altogether.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
roastbeef
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1,138
My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
So a few months back I was getting some gas, notice a bike cop (local PD) had a woman pulled over in the gas station. I drive a loud car, so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a hassle when I leave. Of course, officer pulls me over as soon as I leave the station. I am respectful as I usually am with most police officers until they cross a line. This guy, exceeded that. He ticketed me for everything under the sun and told me the reason he pulled me over was my sunglasses were too big. Well.... alright, fine. Told him I was dragging his ass to court and would have everything thrown out.

Fast forward a few months, I drag his ass to court with evidence and all sorts of stuff to get it thrown out. Turns out the moron forgot his paperwork, had 6 cases thrown out and was laid into by the judge.

This morning.

The SAME FUC!IN COP pulls me over. I immediately notice its the same guy so I'm a little hesitant, but still respectful, maybe he changed his ways. Nope. The as*shole decides today hes going to ticket me for everything again (front license plate, clear corners, too low, modified exhaust (all the same sh!t)) and this time the icing on the cake is I have a sticker in my windshield obstructing my view!



Guess its back to court. Think this guy might be targeting my car at this point, any recourse I can take against this officer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
The problem isn't that. Last time half the charges were dismissed because I had them inspected at the trooper station and they were all legal. The officer in question doesn't know/understand the citations he is ticketing me for. The other half were silly things like not having registration, license with wrong address, which you really should just be warned for, but of course he gives me a ticket. Whatever, I'm fine with that, fixed it and had it dismissed with proof.
so you got some things dismissed, but the judge upheld some of the violations the first time you went to court.

fast forward to today- what violations did "stick" and have you since corrected them?
__________________

^ DD.
roastbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #6
MachRc
E46Fanatic
 
MachRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 6,490
My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
this is like, what happens in Glendale California.

Good luck OP, its too bad you can't clear all the fix it stuff over at a CHP office over a lunch break and have to waste your time in court.
__________________

"We've come a long long way together. Through the hard times and the good.
I have to celebrate you baby,.. I have to praise you like I should.."
MachRc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
HPFMTRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,930
My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachRc View Post
this is like, what happens in Glendale California.

Good luck OP, its too bad you can't clear all the fix it stuff over at a CHP office over a lunch break and have to waste your time in court.
Tell me about it. Sucks here lol
__________________
Photobucket
Pictures of my car
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2927228
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Nightmare5336
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 741
My Ride: e46 with a slushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
The problem isn't that. Last time half the charges were dismissed because I had them inspected at the trooper station and they were all legal. The officer in question doesn't know/understand the citations he is ticketing me for. The other half were silly things like not having registration, license with wrong address, which you really should just be warned for, but of course he gives me a ticket. Whatever, I'm fine with that, fixed it and had it dismissed with proof.
I understand that you may be pissed because you got pulled over by the same leo. But come on man you have no registration? I forgot to look at what state you're located in but honestly most states require a windshield sticker. It appears to me that you have no sticker what so ever on your car.

If your state requires a front plate and you don't have a front plate. Are you honestly questioning why you're getting pulled over?

You openly admit your car is a cop magnet. No front plate, loud exhaust, No registration, and a banner. The only thing you're missing is front tint

The only reason I say all this is because I'm in the same spot you are.
My car currently has a loud exhaust I have tint on all 6 windows of the car. 15% all around and 55% on the front. I have smoked corners as well. My car defiantly turns heads when I drive by local leo's. When they pull me over I'm respectful also, as you stated you are as well. However I can't complain when the leo is just busting my balls lol. I hate it, but I can't get mad because at the end of the day I'm violating local laws.

I think if you had a current registration and fixed the issue with your license the leo wouldn't have busted your stones about the banner and front plate. Clear corners is a new one though.

In my state they are allowed to be clear or amber colored and blink white or amber. Most corners are DOT certified as well.

Good luck to you. I would just recommend that you straighten some of the "Silly" things out and I think you will have a more peaceful driving experience
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc336 View Post
DUMB YOUR MOM.
Nightmare5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
blownE30M3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego, SoCal
Posts: 192
My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
talk with your local police department. it won't help you if you get ticketed each time and have to go through the same thing each time. they don't want to waste time either going to court and having things dismissed that are allowed. as much as many people hate the police, most departments actually want to help the citizens in their city, so talking constructively with them can actually be very beneficial.
I think I might, this is getting a little ridiculous. He has a bad attitude, is sarcastic, and just constantly rolled his eyes at me as well. Poor example of a police officer to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
If what you say is true, the officer has now given you solid grounds for filing an official oppression/unlawful detainment, criminal lawsuit against him and his department, professionally and also against him personally, civilly.

If he now knows (proven instruction by court) that your actions/vehicle are within the vehicle code, he is unlawfully acting towards you under the color of law.
I don't think it has gone quite that far yet. It's annoying sure, but I don't want to waste court's time on a whim. If I see him doing something that justifies this kind of action, I will absolutely pursue it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
so you got some things dismissed, but the judge upheld some of the violations the first time you went to court.

fast forward to today- what violations did "stick" and have you since corrected them?
Nothing actually "stuck". All the other charges were either dropped or dismissed after I corrected them. The one charge of the sunglasses I took before a judge and that was when it was thrown out because he was not prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
I understand that you may be pissed because you got pulled over by the same leo. But come on man you have no registration? I forgot to look at what state you're located in but honestly most states require a windshield sticker. It appears to me that you have no sticker what so ever on your car.
Huh? My car is registered, it was the last time as well. Just the DMV hadn't mailed my new stickers yet so the sticker was out of date by a month. CA does not require a windshield sticker, just stickers on the tags. It was corrected since the last traffic stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
If your state requires a front plate and you don't have a front plate. Are you honestly questioning why you're getting pulled over?

You openly admit your car is a cop magnet. No front plate, loud exhaust, No registration, and a banner. The only thing you're missing is front tint

The only reason I say all this is because I'm in the same spot you are.
My car currently has a loud exhaust I have tint on all 6 windows of the car. 15% all around and 55% on the front. I have smoked corners as well. My car defiantly turns heads when I drive by local leo's. When they pull me over I'm respectful also, as you stated you are as well. However I can't complain when the leo is just busting my balls lol. I hate it, but I can't get mad because at the end of the day I'm violating local laws.

I think if you had a current registration and fixed the issue with your license the leo wouldn't have busted your stones about the banner and front plate. Clear corners is a new one though.

In my state they are allowed to be clear or amber colored and blink white or amber. Most corners are DOT certified as well.

Good luck to you. I would just recommend that you straighten some of the "Silly" things out and I think you will have a more peaceful driving experience
I make it a point as soon as the officer says hello (which he didnt) and I say hello to ask what I am being pulled over for. SPECIFICALLY. He said my front windshield sticker was obstructing my view. I responded with, my view of what, the sidewalk? At that point he started mouthing off, so I responded back with knowing who he was and how last time he pulled this sh!t I had it all thrown out like I would this time. He then walked my car like that last time and wrote up everything he could find.

Just because my car is a cop magnet does not mean it is breaking the law. Like I posted before, all the citations I received were erroneous and all the modifications were within the law. I show respect where respect is given, just because he is a police officer doesn't mean he can pull me over and act like an assh*ole. If he starts mouthing off to me, he's gonna get it right back. It felt awesome to say, 'hey remember last time, yeah, told you'.
__________________


Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com

Last edited by blownE30M3; 10-02-2012 at 10:42 AM.
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,470
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
I don't think it has gone quite that far yet. It's annoying sure, but I don't want to waste court's time on a whim. If I see him doing something that justifies this kind of action, I will absolutely pursue it though.
It has, you're either ignoring it or blind to realize it.
If your actions and vehicle are 100% compliant with the law and MVC, your rights are being violated and the officer is committing a crime against you.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
GlockMan
Registered User
 
GlockMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,963
My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
If the tickets are legit, you have no grounds.

If they are not, file a complaint.
__________________
.
!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL !!!
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014?



Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
BreakMyWallet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,215
My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
I make it a point as soon as the officer says hello (which he didnt) and I say hello to ask what I am being pulled over for. SPECIFICALLY. He said my front windshield sticker was obstructing my view. I responded with, my view of what, the sidewalk? At that point he started mouthing off, so I responded back with knowing who he was and how last time he pulled this sh!t I had it all thrown out like I would this time. He then walked my car like that last time and wrote up everything he could find.

Just because my car is a cop magnet does not mean it is breaking the law. Like I posted before, all the citations I received were erroneous and all the modifications were within the law. I show respect where respect is given, just because he is a police officer doesn't mean he can pull me over and act like an assh*ole. If he starts mouthing off to me, he's gonna get it right back. It felt awesome to say, 'hey remember last time, yeah, told you'.
i can somewhat sympathize with your situation since ive added up over 20 tickets with all of the fix its and everything. but you are in ca dude. i can almost guarantee your car is too low, exhaust is too loud, the obstruction of view IS justified under VC


edit:damnit someone already quoted the vehicle codes. ah well. this may work for you.

__________________
BreakMyWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
SManganella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 165
My Ride: 04' 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
I understand that you may be pissed because you got pulled over by the same leo. But come on man you have no registration? I forgot to look at what state you're located in but honestly most states require a windshield sticker. It appears to me that you have no sticker what so ever on your car.

If your state requires a front plate and you don't have a front plate. Are you honestly questioning why you're getting pulled over?

You openly admit your car is a cop magnet. No front plate, loud exhaust, No registration, and a banner. The only thing you're missing is front tint

The only reason I say all this is because I'm in the same spot you are.
My car currently has a loud exhaust I have tint on all 6 windows of the car. 15% all around and 55% on the front. I have smoked corners as well. My car defiantly turns heads when I drive by local leo's. When they pull me over I'm respectful also, as you stated you are as well. However I can't complain when the leo is just busting my balls lol. I hate it, but I can't get mad because at the end of the day I'm violating local laws.

I think if you had a current registration and fixed the issue with your license the leo wouldn't have busted your stones about the banner and front plate. Clear corners is a new one though.

In my state they are allowed to be clear or amber colored and blink white or amber. Most corners are DOT certified as well.

Good luck to you. I would just recommend that you straighten some of the "Silly" things out and I think you will have a more peaceful driving experience
Agreed BUT you said "I forgot to look at what state you're located in but honestly most states require a windshield sticker. It appears to me that you have no sticker what so ever on your car." This is registration we are talking about, not inspection. The sticker in the front windshield is for inspection which is not what the OP said he got ticketed for. The Officer would only be able to give out a ticket once he saw he had no registration card but not because he had no inspection sticker... That's the case in NJ anyway, but i totally agree. I have gotten pulled over for no front plate and tints multiple times, but it depends on the Officer. You obviously have one thats on the lookout for you now. As far as your license and registration, i'd get that cleared up asap. Best of luck.
SManganella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
Nightmare5336
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 741
My Ride: e46 with a slushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManganella View Post
Agreed BUT you said "I forgot to look at what state you're located in but honestly most states require a windshield sticker. It appears to me that you have no sticker what so ever on your car." This is registration we are talking about, not inspection. The sticker in the front windshield is for inspection which is not what the OP said he got ticketed for. The Officer would only be able to give out a ticket once he saw he had no registration card but not because he had no inspection sticker... That's the case in NJ anyway, but i totally agree. I have gotten pulled over for no front plate and tints multiple times, but it depends on the Officer. You obviously have one thats on the lookout for you now. As far as your license and registration, i'd get that cleared up asap. Best of luck.
Completely misread and had a brain fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carskibum View Post
Those are all traffic offenses. Once amonth, you are subject to pay the fines or get rid of the ILLEGAL MODS.

This isn't rocket science. You need to take responsibility for your actions. Blame the cop? Blame yourself.
+1 Tried to stress this in my first post.

You have two options Fix Mods to CA requirements or Pay up.

I'll be the first to admit I have illegal mods on my car. I have tint on front windows and windshield. In 3 years I've been given two tickets. I could have easily removed the tint and not payed a single dollar. I choose to keep the tint and payed the $55 fine.

You and I will both get stopped for illegal mods.The difference between your and me. You posted a thread complaining that you got issued tickets for ILLEGAL mods or lack of plate etc. I pay up because I acknowledge i have illegal mods I just choose to keep them. Doesn't make me right and you wrong. Just deal with it man.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc336 View Post
DUMB YOUR MOM.

Last edited by Nightmare5336; 10-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Nightmare5336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 520
My Ride: 2000 323i
Next time show him your tits.
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
Japanrot_325i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Martinsburg WV
Posts: 223
My Ride: 03 325i
Now that's an idea! Here in hillbilly land most cops don't much care or I'd be screwed on the exaust aspect.

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App
__________________
Japanrot_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
B_Cyrus
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yarmouk, Syria Valentine: Kushy
Posts: 9,438
My Ride: Malfouf
You can file a restraining order if this happens a few more times. A friend in Scripps Ranch(San Diego) did this against a cop, as the cop kept pulling him over and ended up issuing him 15 tickets on 15 different occasions, but this only happened twice for you so I'm sure that would be a final recourse if it happened many more times.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian
 
JonJon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: One of the most evil states ever to exist
Posts: 3,470
My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
If what you say is true, the officer has now given you solid grounds for filing an official oppression/unlawful detainment, criminal lawsuit against him and his department, professionally and also against him personally, civilly.

If he now knows (proven instruction by court) that your actions/vehicle are within the vehicle code, he is unlawfully acting towards you under the color of law.
__________________
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 10-02-2012 at 10:03 AM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
Cardboat
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 10
My Ride: Bmw e46 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Next time show him your tits.
Lmao! That can only end well
__________________
2003 E46 ///M3
Cardboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
217Bimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: not Illinois
Posts: 146
My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
talk with your local police department. it won't help you if you get ticketed each time and have to go through the same thing each time. they don't want to waste time either going to court and having things dismissed that are allowed. as much as many people hate the police, most departments actually want to help the citizens in their city, so talking constructively with them can actually be very beneficial.
217Bimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use