E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous
Non-BMW parts, Non-BMW for sale, motorcycles, random car parts, home electronics, cell phones, clothing, shoes, concert tickets, video games, pets and anything else you can think of!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
alkemyst
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 578
My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
.757 carat size 4 3/4, Round AGS 0 H&A engagement ring set in six prong platinum

Closest stone to mine is $4500 on James Allen (http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F...nd-1527118.asp), one color better, but one clarity grade worse which has a heavier weight on value. The setting is $1150 currently. I believe it's a size 5 or 5.5, I am getting it checked asap.

I am looking for $5000 obo. The ring was hardly worn (maybe 6-12 times since purchase in 12/2009) as my wife has to work with fabrics and clothing setting up stores. We are divorcing and she will retain all proceeds.

The Ring:


The Stone:


The Stone's Light character through Loupe:


AGS Certificate:


Values have gone up quite a bit since 2009 and it was appraised then for $5900 by James Allen. Current value should be close to $7000 but that is just an estimate.

Payment by certified check. Not sure if Paypal is safe for this kind of transaction, if it is I'd consider it, but $5000 obo is the cash price.

Last edited by alkemyst; 11-25-2012 at 01:36 PM.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
alkemyst
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 578
My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
bump
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
Hokie11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 64
My Ride: 2004 325ci
sadly, i went through a similar sale with my partner's diamond this summer... i thought prices went up when i purchased it back in 2008 but they didn't. don't mean to rain on your parade, but i sold my .85carat agsl certified ideal cut diamond with vvs1 for only $3200, and it sat at that price on craigslist for like 2 months. i just recently purchased a gia 1.1carat ideal cut diamond for $4800. diamonds are only inflated on demand, the supply is just too high to bring prices up. glws
__________________
2004 325ci Steel Blue, UUC TSE3, Gruppe M Intake, ZHP Shift Knob, ECS Strut Bar, H&R Rear Sway, Shadowlined, LEDs Swap
Hokie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
alkemyst
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 578
My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie11 View Post
sadly, i went through a similar sale with my partner's diamond this summer... i thought prices went up when i purchased it back in 2008 but they didn't. don't mean to rain on your parade, but i sold my .85carat agsl certified ideal cut diamond with vvs1 for only $3200, and it sat at that price on craigslist for like 2 months. i just recently purchased a gia 1.1carat ideal cut diamond for $4800. diamonds are only inflated on demand, the supply is just too high to bring prices up. glws
I have bought and sold diamonds a few times now. A 1.1 carat ideal cut diamond for $4800 is a steal literally. Also AGS ideal and ideal cut is only a very small data point of the entire picture. This is a very high quality and rare to find stone. I went through a lot of inventory until I found this very one.

To the other poster, I am unable to accept trades on this unless they would help my wife get back to Japan. I'd be interested in flight vouchers, discounted shipping certificates and the like as far as trades go. Thanks for the offer. If I was retaining the ring, new wheels would be one of the things I would be interested in.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,521
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemyst View Post
I have bought and sold diamonds a few times now. A 1.1 carat ideal cut diamond for $4800 is a steal literally. Also AGS ideal and ideal cut is only a very small data point of the entire picture. This is a very high quality and rare to find stone. I went through a lot of inventory until I found this very one.

To the other poster, I am unable to accept trades on this unless they would help my wife get back to Japan. I'd be interested in flight vouchers, discounted shipping certificates and the like as far as trades go. Thanks for the offer. If I was retaining the ring, new wheels would be one of the things I would be interested in.
you didn't even ask for the color or clarity
so how can you even determine whether it was a steal or not?

anyway
sorry to hear about the divorce
but curious ... why are you putting in the effort to sell the ring if she is keeping all the proceeds?
is the background story something you are willing to share?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
alkemyst
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 578
My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
you didn't even ask for the color or clarity
so how can you even determine whether it was a steal or not?

anyway
sorry to hear about the divorce
but curious ... why are you putting in the effort to sell the ring if she is keeping all the proceeds?
is the background story something you are willing to share?
wow bro. PM me next time. I was sort of being sarcastic without the rest of the specs or the cert posted.

I am simply helping her. She's a very sweet person and actually just had a full mental breakdown tonight while we were doing our grocery shopping and at my parent's house since that is her only family here (she is from Japan as of 12 years ago when she was 39). I took it to the jewelery store today to be refinished and polished. They will size it once done. They called my at 8pm tonight to pick it up if I wanted. They pushed it forward because they like the ring. They said it would sell for at least $8900 here and that I should take it to a shop that does consignment and raise my price. I am going to make some phone calls tomorrow, lots of high end consignment shops in S. Florida. I need this to be done by April. Consignment may sit a long time until the right buyer comes along.
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #7
reboot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Oakland CA
Posts: 267
My Ride: 02 330Ci
Trade you custom work wheels with new tires
reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
M3Shock
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area (Fremont)
Posts: 22
My Ride: E46 M3
You can only get what the "wholesale" market is with the END USER which is usually harder to come by. If you were to sell it to a pawn shop or jeweler, don't expect them to pay that. I had a 1.61 Round, GIA, F, VS1 purchased in 2007 for $17k. Another diamond jeweler was offering only $11k on it when market price now is around $20k. I was hoping to sell it for more than what I paid but to find a buyer is more difficult. Fortunately, I wasn't in the position you are in now and was able to get my full trade in value at the same store that I bought it from since I was upgrading my wife's stone.

Last edited by M3Shock; 11-14-2012 at 02:35 PM.
M3Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,521
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Shock View Post
You can only get what the "wholesale" market is with the END USER which is usually harder to come by. If you were to sell it to a pawn shop or jeweler, don't expect them to pay that. I had a 1.61 Round, GIA, F, VS1 purchased in 2007 for $17k. Another diamond jeweler was offering only $11k on it when market price now is around $20k. I was hoping to sell it for more than what I paid but to find a buyer is more difficult. Fortunately, I wasn't in the position you are in now and was able to get my full trade in value at the same store that I bought it from since I was upgrading my wife's stone.
that is an understatement

people browsing e46f classified or craigslist are rarely the type to pay full retail for a diamond ring from an individual
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
alkemyst
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 578
My Ride: 06 TiAg M3 ZCP 6M
bump size 4 3/4
alkemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use