E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
trimgod

My Ride: 2003 330xi
before and after.

i picked up my e46 a little over 13 months ago and here is the transformation

before:

330xi by trimgod, on Flickr

and after:

330xi by trimgod, on Flickr

*ss ebay headers with ceramic coating, exhaust wrap, and high temp silicone sealer..........................$175 ebay for headers, $100 pepboys for ceramic header paint, exhaust heat wrap, high temp SS zip ties, and high temp silicone, insatlled by AGILE (labor was $700)
*upper front tower bar............................................... .................................................. ...........$120 ultra racing, installed by me
*projector headlights with halos and black trim.............................................. .............................$270 ebay, installed by me
*20% tint all around except windsheild........................................ ...............................................$45 0 (with tails and "no-fault warranty") installed by D+L WINDOW TINTING in Middle river MD
*30% front windows (changed)......................................... .................................................. ......$100 D+L
*smoked/red tails with custom tint on the red areas............................................. ........................$150 for lights ebay, $450 (with windows and "no-fault warranty"), light installed by me, tint by D+L
*smoked corners........................................... .................................................. .......................$75 (with side markers, and fogs) ebay, installed by me
*smoked side markers........................................... .................................................. ................$75 (with corners, and fogs) ebay, installed by me
*carbon fiber GTR hood/black kidneys........................................... ..............................................$160 0 VIS Racing, installed/painted by UNIQUE AUTO BODY in Falston MD (labor was $850 with deck lid)
*CSL boot lip deck lid............................................... .................................................. ...................$350 VIS Racing, installed /painted by UNIQUE (labor was $850 with hood)
*E36 ///M style mirrors........................................... .................................................. ...............$29 ebay, installed by me
*front plate delete/no drill tow hook plate bracket........................................... .............................$40 BMW dealership for delete trim, $79 US Mill Works for bracket, both installed by me
*weather tech all wearther mats.............................................. .................................................$ 130 weather tech, installed by me
*sock mod............................................... .................................................. ............................$1 my sock drawer, installed by me
*m-techII front, and rear bumper............................................ .................................................. .$1313 all from ebay,installation will be done by UNIQUE (no labor yet)(FOR FACELIFT 2002 AND UP SEDAN, 2003 AND UP COUPE, YOU NEED TO CHANGE THE FRONT BUMPER SLIDERS TO THE PRE FACELIFT BUMPER SLIDERS. THEY ARE $10-$15 AT THE BMW DEALER. PART# 51118195295 & PART#51118195296.)
*GTR side skirts............................................ .................................................. .........................^^^
*front lower spliter........................................... .................................................. ......................^^^
*smoked fogs.............................................. .................................................. .........................$75 (with side markers and corners) ebay
*new wind sheild............................................ .................................................. .......................$5100 with all the above mentioned body work(front,rear bumper, side skirts, roof/rear quarter re spray)
*ZHP flat black window/door trim.............................................. .................................................. $45 per door BMW dealer.
*X5 wood grain trim 3 spoke steering wheel............................................. ...................................$ 350 ebay/installed by dealer $650 with other trim parts and oil change
*cig lighter door, shelf door and housing, cup holder, coin holder, e-brake trim................................$270 installed by BMW Dealer in belair
*ipod cable in the shelf between the shifter and raido............................................. ......................$280 installed by Absolute Audio for parts and labor
*18" RUFF 356 wheels in flat black............................................. .................................................$ 1,199 rim source motorsports llc $400 to install wheels/spacers/coilovers/front end alignment
*powder coat stock wheels in flat black with a set of snows............................................. ..............$700 for the powder coat, $600 for the snow tires rim source motorsports llc
*KW Variant 1 stage 1 coilovers......................................... .................................................. .......$1644.76 KW automotive delivered to my door
*Dinan intake and extra filter............................................ .................................................. .........$299 and $49 BMW of towson part# D760-0002 and #D401-001 $900 labor from dealer for all dinan parts.
*Dinan high flow throtle body.............................................. .................................................. ......$899 BMW of towson part# D760-3300A " "
*Dinan stage 3 engine software.......................................... .................................................. .......$499 BMW of towson part# D903-3033 " "
*Dinan trans software/rev limit............................................. .................................................. ......$299 BMW of towson part# D902-30A5 " "
*flat black roundel sticker overlays on new OEM hood and deck lid roundels.......................................... ......................$10 for the stickers from bimmian.com @bimmerfest east 2012
*wood grain/flat black roundel sticker overlays on the steering wheel............................................. ............................." "
*tri color pinstriped driver side kidney grill. (dark grey, light grey, and chrome)..................................$15 pepboys installed by me, but got the idea from bimmian, and other cars i saw @ bimmerfest east 2012. bimmian sells a kit that has the ///M colors (red, blue, purple)
*inside performance quad exhaust and rear diffuser.......................................... ............................$1614.39 inside performance delivered to my door, in stalled by autowerks in falston
*carbon fiber oil cap overlay........................................... .................................................. ...........$40 bimmian installed by me
*bimmian celly bracket........................................... .................................................. ...................$40 bimmian installed by me
*driver side key hole delete............................................ .................................................. ............$45 bimmian installed by me

ORDERED PARTS;
*magnetic oil plug.............................................. .................................................. ......................$15 bimmian
*Dinan front tower bar............................................... .................................................. ................$299 Dinan
*Dinan rear tower bar............................................... .................................................. .................$299 Dinan
*carbon fiber Air Intake cover....................................................... ..................................................$310 NVD Autosports

UNINSTALLED PARTS:
*DNA 1 1/2 lowering springs........................................... .................................................. ..............$120 ebay installed by AGILE AUTOMOTIVE in Fallston MD (labor was $230.)
*black on white roundels.......................................... .................................................. .....................$18 ebay installed by me (dont buy them, they are ****.)
*clear roundel overlays.......................................... .................................................. ...................$20 bimmian

WISH LIST:
*ZEX nitrous oxide system (bottle to be airbrushed to look like the wood grain trim.).........................$600/700 ZEX
*ZHP cams.............................................. .................................................. ..................................dealer
*BSW speaker upgrade, and ipod stelth install........................................... ....................................BSW = Bavarian sound werks
*dynavin D99 screen (with ALL the goodies...)....................................... ........................................ebay, or your local audio shop
*exhaust cut-outs.............................................. .................................................. ....................jegs, ebay
*suede headliner, A, B, and C pillars, and back deck.............................................. ..........................BEN'S AUTO UPHOLSTERY in Parkville MD
*tri color stitched shift boot/ arm rest/ e-brake boot (dark brown, natural brown, tan)........................" "
*trunk upholstered in black/natural brown............................................. ........................................." "
*WINNING LOTTO #S
1998 BMW 740il : Silver
2003 Ford F-250 : Drk Grey
2002 Ford Focus : Drk blue.....SOLD
1985 Honda Gl1200 Goldwing Hardtail : Flat Black
1986 Honda CMX450 Rebel hardtail : Rhino Liner.....SCRAPPED

Last edited by trimgod; 11-25-2012 at 06:58 AM.
trimgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
Rockyminator

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 M3
Looks good, but more pics of the transformation.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
trimgod

DSC04688 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04687 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04691 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04711 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04708 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04676 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04702 by trimgod, on Flickr

decklid by trimgod, on Flickr

471446_375621119125370_100000324563308_1201754_863118751_o by trimgod, on Flickr

458002_375624875791661_100000324563308_1201770_1520265363_o by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC00023 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04667 by trimgod, on Flickr

DSC04742 by trimgod, on Flickr
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
e46bmw2

My Ride: future e46
Send a message via AIM to e46bmw2
how do you like the headlight i got the same ones but i never installed the angel eyes do you have any pictures of how the car looks with them hooked up

heres a picture of mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	478413   Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	478414  

PS3 Username : seba123s
e46bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Your headlights look like they don't auto-level and are stuck in 1 crappy position, I would throw them in the garbage

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
YGOAMG

My Ride: 325Ci ClubSport
Send a message via MSN to YGOAMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Your headlights look like they don't auto-level and are stuck in 1 crappy position, I would throw them in the garbage
lol

Find me on Instagram
@PeterMarquez346

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4show View Post
who da F done that?
prestige warehouse or who?
YGOAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
trimgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46bmw2 View Post
how do you like the headlight i got the same ones but i never installed the angel eyes do you have any pictures of how the car looks with them hooked up

heres a picture of mine
they are sooo dim. you cant really tell when they are on in the day time. also when the lowbeam or highbeam is on it drowns out the halos. only looks really cool at dusk or dawn when its light enough to not need beams on but dark enough to see the halos. V8 5 is right, they are kinda stupid. im thinking of getting the ones from bimmian.com but i plan to do the proper research first. im sure there are a ton of threads on this topic. that being said, i have had three people at car shows comment on how good the headlights look, and when they are off the sun hits the halo and they look like they are on. (maybe 300 people hate them and just didnt say anything)

they will do for now but, all in all i was not pleased with them.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
e46bmw2

My Ride: future e46
Send a message via AIM to e46bmw2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimgod View Post
they are sooo dim. you cant really tell when they are on in the day time. also when the lowbeam or highbeam is on it drowns out the halos. only looks really cool at dusk or dawn when its light enough to not need beams on but dark enough to see the halos. V8 5 is right, they are kinda stupid. im thinking of getting the ones from bimmian.com but i plan to do the proper research first. im sure there are a ton of threads on this topic. that being said, i have had three people at car shows comment on how good the headlights look, and when they are off the sun hits the halo and they look like they are on. (maybe 300 people hate them and just didnt say anything)

they will do for now but, all in all i was not pleased with them.
Thanks you for the feedback. What some told me to try is to change the bulb for the angels to led ones if not then I'm gonna try to see if the ccfls with fit inside those I'm for sure gonna try and do some more research but I think the headlights are fine almost look oem and for 200 bucks you can't go wrong I feel

PS3 Username : seba123s
e46bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
Mafios0

My Ride: E92
Nice car, looks good!
Mafios0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
FromE55toM5

My Ride: 6spd E60 ///M5
looks good!

Previous Whips:
330ci | ///M3 | E55

Endless Auto Body
FromE55toM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
HaloArchive

My Ride: My Office Chair
So, adding it up ... you invested about $16,000, plus the cost of the vehicle - which we can guess was maybe $10,000.

So, you spent $26,000 on a 10 year old BMW. Bravo.
HaloArchive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
trimgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloArchive View Post
So, adding it up ... you invested about $16,000, plus the cost of the vehicle - which we can guess was maybe $10,000.

So, you spent $26,000 on a 10 year old BMW. Bravo.
im not sure what the age of the car has to do with it, but i do see the point that the car is too old to be new, and too new to be a classic. keep in mind that list is not including what i have fixed on the car, or what i have replaced before it broke, and just general maintenance. i plan to have the car for a long time, so i would rather drive it around the way i like it, than spend 5-6 years on a project car, finish it, then sell it right away. i like the body style of the E92 also, but maybe i would need to get rid of one of my other toys to have one of those. not the option i want to go b/c i drive all my cars/trucks. having 5 choices on what to drive does keep the miles off of the cars, so it might take me 4/5 years to put 20k miles on the 3 series. imagine how much an enthusiasts would spend on a 10 year old Porsche, or Ferrari. granted, said enthusiasts would not need to spend the amount that i have on styling. but i bet they would burn through some bucks quick (and only on one car). i prefere to have a few toys, and drive based on mood or what event i might be going to. i am very blessed to have that luxury. hope that cleared things up a bit.
thanks for the imput.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
PRDesignsTony

My Ride: 02 330ci
looks REAL good bro. Love the look. How are those projector lights from Ebay??? did you need to buy any extra accessories for them?? I have a 325i with regular lights and I've been told if i was to convert to the BMW projector lights I'd need to dish out some cash on extras as well.

Stretch + poke = All show, no go!!!
PRDesignsTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
trimgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRDesignsTony View Post
looks REAL good bro. Love the look. How are those projector lights from Ebay??? did you need to buy any extra accessories for them?? I have a 325i with regular lights and I've been told if i was to convert to the BMW projector lights I'd need to dish out some cash on extras as well.
bought lights from ebay. i installed them as they came. the lights and black trim bezel look good, but not what i wanted from the AE.

Last edited by trimgod; 11-25-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
nojoda

My Ride: 06 M3Vert 6MT JB/CIN
love everything about it besides the side mirrors

2006 BMW M3 VERT 6MT (CURRENT)
2007 B7 AUDI A4 2.0T CVT FWD (BRILLIANT BLACK) TRADED

2002 E46 BMW M3 SMG II (TIAG) RIP
nojoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP