E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
NFSx328ci

My Ride: TiAg E46
Transmission Shop

So I am looking into either, Getting my steptronic beefed up or doing a 5 or 6 speed manual swap. Does anyone knows of any shops that would be willing to do this? I would prefer a manual swap but I'm not too picky

My babies; Supercharged 328ci, 99 GSX boosted to 625awhp, 2011 Grand Cherokee. Newest addition: 2009 Alpine White 135i
NFSx328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Arustik1

My Ride: E46 M3
I'm thinking you'd be better off selling the car and buying a manual transmission car. Thoughts on that?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
NFSx328ci

It came across my mind a couple times. Plus, I can't let this supercharger go to waste. Even if I bought the exact same car in manual form, I don't know how the previous owners have maintained their cars. With my luck I would end up having to replace that transmission anyways. So I would rather just do it right the first time and not have to worry about my transmission for when I up the boost or upgrade the supercharger. I've maintained this car very well so I'm not gonna risk buying someone else's lemon when I have a perfectly good car that I have worked on and done everything to.

My babies; Supercharged 328ci, 99 GSX boosted to 625awhp, 2011 Grand Cherokee. Newest addition: 2009 Alpine White 135i
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
edsmax

My Ride: 01 330i
Send a message via AIM to edsmax
I would recommend member "ivegotissues666" aka Jarod. He did an auto to 5 speed swap on his 323 a few years ago and did a great DIY writeup here:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=396320

I know he did a few of these swaps for other BMW owners and if I recall, some traveled from far away for him to do it. He isnt active on the forums anymore since he sold his BMW, but PM him. He is a great guy.
Ed

Ed
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
NFSx328ci

Thank you. I checked it out. I also sent him a PM. Thanks again

Old 12-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #6
shagwar

My Ride: trek mountain bike
Mclaughin's auto repair in Lynn, Ma. Those guys do great tranny work. They might be able to do the swap for you