E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
JRos

My Ride: SL500
The one that got away..

Except I never had her to begin with lol.

*Warning: great wall of sappy, pathetic, quite possibly boring text immenint.* I'll try to make it interesting.

The Encounter

So I walk into my first day of class, loud as hell because I'm with my friend, and everyone in there looks up at us. I immediately see a very pretty girl sitting towards the front of class. I make eye contact with her but don't think much of it after that. I follow my friend to a seat in the back of class and that's all that happens that day.

During the next class session, the professor asks a question, to which the person sitting next to me raises her hand to reply to. Everyone turns around to look at the corner we're sitting at; there she is again. I make eye contact with her again, but this time my heart skips a beat and I can kind of feel myself burning up. It had begun.

History

By now I'm furiously trying to figure out how I should approach her. You might be thinking "damn this kid is pathetic, can't even ask a girl out!". Which is right, beacuse I have hardly any practice. I've only had 3 girlfriends/people I dated before. The first one we were friends at first, and just became more. Neither of us really asked one another. The second one actually asked me out, which surprised me (I don't think much of myself). And the third I did ask out, but it was a very generic, boring "wanna go out?" type of thing. I honestly think she went out with me only because I asked, not because she was interested in any way. She was way, way, way too good looking for me. I don't date around. There have been a handful of regrettable one nighters. Yes, I'm that kind of person lol. Boring as fvck.

Roadblocks

There were also a couple of other factors that stopped me from making an early move (aside from me being a wuss). My friend that I was taking the class with was the ultimate cock block. One day I made an attempt to sit next to the girl but my friend asks me why I'm sitting in the front (we always sit in the back so we can sleep). I tell her I can't see the board. I expected her to stay but she immediately moves to where I'm sitting. The only time to talk is before or after class. She pretty much killed my chances at 'before' beacuse we also had the same previous class and she always drags me to get coffee or food. No, she doesn't secretly like me. We're family friends; known each other since we were in diapers. I consider her my cousin more than anything, which is why I would have felt really awkward trying to talk to the girl with her around. I didn't tell her I liked that girl because I knew she would make a big deal about it, make fun of me, bring it up at the next family function etc etc (especially if I was shot down for whatever reason). In hindsight, I probably should have just done it. This girl was worth it.

My only chance now was after class, but that was also effectively ruined. The class required a (premade) group presentation. My group never wanted to meet outside of class time so we always tried to get stuff done right after class. We were also scheduled to be the very last group to present, literally the second to last day of class. I know I could and should have found a chance to peel away but I never did. Partly because I didn't want look like I didn't want to put in work, partly because I was still in full on wuss mode and partly because of the last factor.

Apparently my eye wasn't the only one she caught. While meeting with my group after class early on in the semester I noticed some guy chatting her up and walking with her after class. He also sat with her during class. I thought I lost, someone got to her before me. Then one day I notice that he stopped sitting with her and also stopped walking with her after class. Apparently this guy was the ultimate creep. I can only guess that he tried something innapprorpiate and she shot him down, because my friend told me that he had started following her (my friend) after class and kept trying to get her to hang out with him. This happened very late in the semester so by now I had pretty much given up regardless of whatever the situation was.

*There was also another incident where the professor asked us to raise our hands if we were in a relationship. My head immediately snapped up to see if her hand went up and much to my dismay, it did. However, my friend noted that she might have only done this because the creeper was sitting behind her and she wanted him to stop chasing her. Kind of makes sense, this incident did happen the week before he stopped going after her, but I'm guessing a girl like that probably has guys asking her out all the time, chances are she's with someone.

The Final Countdown

Normally at this point I would've just said "fvck it, there will be others", but up until this point I have never actually heard her talk much or seen any other side of her other than her appearance. Then one day it was her group's day to present and when it was her turn to speak.. damn. I fell. Hard. I can't even begin to describe her personality. It's.. perfect. I'll leave it at that. Now that I know she has the whole package, I had to do something. With only 2 days of class left, I was starting to stress out over what to do. I was stressing more over this than finals lol.

The following week, god hands me my golden ticket. On the day of my presentation, I noticed she was wearing a camo jacket/trench coat. It looked exactly like my friend's and he's been trying to find his girlfriend a matching one for the past 2 months. I figured I'd kill 2 birds with one stone: find out where she got that jacket and finally get to speak to her. Nope. After our presentation I hastily pack up my stuff and look up; she's already gone. Sh!t. 1 out of 2 chances now gone. One last chance on finals day.

Day of reckoning arrives. It's a short final so I finish as fast as possible and wait outside, praying to god my friend doesn't finish before her. She walks out a few minutes later and I ask her where she got her camo jacket. With the biggest, brightest smile ever, but not fake in any way, she tells me it's from ZARA's and the price. Before I can even start to form my next words, she literally runs off while yelling to me that the jacket was worth every penny and to have a nice day and great holiday. I have no idea what she was in a rush for, maybe to study for another final, but there it was. I failed.

Redemption

Or did I? I let my friend know about the jacket, but apparently he couldn't find it online or at any retailers. My last available option now is to email her and ask a stupid question along the lines of "did you get the jacket recently and if so where exactly"? Only problem is I don't know her name (yep, I'm that retarded) so in order to email her I would need to email the entire class.

Ok E46fanatics love line.. is that going too far? Or how should I approach it? Let's say she does respond (knowing the kind of person she is, she probably will). How do I go from there? Or should I just drop the whole thing and let her be? The fact that she probably has a boyfriend keeps nagging at me to not do anything either so.. I don't know. Stuck between a rock and hard place lol?

Oh and I'm pretty sure school websites get taken down sometime today or at the very latest the end of the week. Once that happens I lose my only chance at contacting her. The actual student email addresses aren't posted, only the names, so I can't just write them all down.

tl;dr

1. Saw awesome girl.
2. Friend unintentionally cockblocked.
3. Insert miscellaneous factors that "prevented" me from taking action.
4. Finally had my chance to talk to her. Failed to say anything of use.
5. One last (awkward/sketchy) chance to contact her in any way.
6. Quite possibly has boyfriend.

Sorry I can't provide the obligated pics as I don't have any, but the best description I can give is that she looks like an Asian (I don't know what kind; If I had to guess, I'd say Chinese or Vietnamese) Arabella Drummond. That's what the white frat boy in my group said, I didn't even know who Arabella Drummond was but I'm glad I do now lol. Googling her = NSFW

So that's the whole story. Help if you want, laugh at my patheticness, anything! I've sort of given up but I felt I had to get it out there at least. TIA for reading or just making me laugh with a comment.
JRos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
E46Moonlight

My Ride: 2000 323i
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
My Ride: She aint much 330ci
Do u have a lot of experience with girls because that was a bit creepy brah

I'd say one that got away if u dated her and someone moved but she doesn't even know u exist

best mod to date : OEM grocery bag holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Born Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
No such thing as the one that got away.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #5
JRos

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Moonlight View Post
Oh damn I completely forgot about this haha! Perfect description!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
Do u have a lot of experience with girls because that was a bit creepy brah

I'd say one that got away if u dated her and someone moved but she doesn't even know u exist
Creepy in what way lol? I though that other guy was creepy! I mentioned how much experience I've had with girls. Do you want details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
No such thing as the one that got away.
Explain this paradox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Moonlight View Post
Keep creeping ! Write down those names and search one by one on Facebook until you find her. Then Facebook message her about the jacket

Damn second person to tell me I'm creeping. Maybe I should I just drop it lol. I already think the email thing is going too far, sending a message on Facebook is flat out weird lol. I'd feel weird just trying to find her on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNricky View Post
[imghttp://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465[/img]
But there's a tl;dr .
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
E46Moonlight

Keep creeping ! Write down those names and search one by one on Facebook until you find her. Then Facebook message her about the jacket
E46Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #7
FKNricky

FKNricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Born Again

Location: Tis quite a statement. Where do you live - where do we all live? in our minds? our souls? our bodies?
How many girls have u banged?

Quote:
E46Fanatics - the Honda community of gun owners. Keep staying classy, I'm sure you all are going to be excellent examples of how to keep gun rights from being infringed. :facepalm:
Old 12-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
this is odd. You see to be a little infatuated with someone you never touched.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
yah some serious puppy love. Emailing the entire school is one of the more creepiest things I have ever heard.

How old are you?

Just ****in add her on Facebook, but don't stalk her on there. If you are uber shy, do online dating, it can help.

There was a girl in one of my classes a million years ago that I was into... one of those that I always used to see randomly on campus, at bars, etc.... pretty sure she noticed me too; we even had the same group for a senior project... I never really made a move though, but trying to get to this girl by emailing everyone is stupid and weird - don't be that guy!!!

Last edited by CMT247; 12-19-2012 at 09:47 PM.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
Born Again

Solly people jerk off to people they'll never touch

Quote:
Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
huyner328
Bradolf Pittler

My Ride: E90 ///M3, E30 325ic
Send a message via AIM to huyner328
Without exploring, you can't say "this is the one that got away."

Reading how you laid out the story and your random excuses for not locking it up, leads me to believe that you haven't fished much.
huyner328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
DylloS

Quote:
Solly people jerk off to people they'll never touch
but they don't usually act like this do they?
Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #14
Born Again

That's why it's creepy lol

Quote:
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #15
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
She's not the one that got away. You never had her.

You never had your car

Seriously though, that expression is typically used for someone who you've been close to that is no longer in your life and who you wish still was there for the long haul.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
JRos

Quote:
How many girls have u banged?
Not many. 8 by my last count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post

There hasn't been anyone you've felt this way about?

It honestly is just a crush, I probably over flourished it because I took 2 writing courses this semester .

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyner328 View Post
Without exploring, you can't say "this is the one that got away."

Reading how you laid out the story and your random excuses for not locking it up, leads me to believe that you haven't fished much.

Fished? If by that you mean ask out, yea, I said in the OP I haven't. Looking back I gotta say it was probably the fact that she was already taken that made me not even want to try. I mean, with the third girl I still asked despite her probably being out of my league because I knew for a fact she wasn't with anyone.

I'd rather avoid the whole "oh sorry, I already have a boyfriend" thing. I can't think many more awkward situations than that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Seriously though, that expression is typically used for someone who you've been close to that is no longer in your life and who you wish still was there for the long haul.

It was meant to be a joke . That's why my very first line was "except I never had her to begin with" lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRos View Post
Not many. 8 by my last count.

There hasn't been anyone you've felt this way about?

It honestly is just a crush, I probably over flourished it because I took 2 writing courses this semester .

Fished? If by that you mean ask out, yea, I said in the OP I haven't. Looking back I gotta say it was probably the fact that she was already taken that made me not even want to try. I mean, with the third girl I still asked despite her probably being out of my league because I knew for a fact she wasn't with anyone.

I'd rather avoid the whole "oh sorry, I already have a boyfriend" thing. I can't think many more awkward situations than that lol.

It was meant to be a joke . That's why my very first line was "except I never had her to begin with" lol.
maybe for a minute but not like this. Stop being a creepo
Old 12-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #18
ANREC330

My Ride: C6 Vette & M3
Let her go OP. Next time don't be such a vag and talk to girls.
ANREC330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #19
Treburkulosis

My Ride: BMW
This is the one that got away. We were together all through HS, and the first year of college. She went to UNT here in Texas, and I went to UT in Austin, TX. We didn't see much of each other, and she ended up meeting a Marine during this time. We were engaged and I was a mess when we broke up. We made up about 6 years ago and We still regularly talk. She sends me pics of her and her kids, and I do to. I just know we are nothing more then friends. Its been over 10 years since our break up, but she will always have a special place in my heart.

Treburkulosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #20
cancell

Send a message via AIM to cancell Send a message via MSN to cancell
grow a pair

Sent from my LT18i using Bimmer App

The lesser we know...the more they fabricate...the easier it is to sell souls
There is a new price on freedom, so buy into it while supplies last.
We've unified over who to kill, so until I find more relevant scripture to quote...
remember, our god is bigger, stronger, smarter, and much wealthier.
So wave those flags with pride... It's the makeshift patriot.
cancell is offline   Reply With Quote