E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
umnitza.com Orion Lite X120

The new Orion Lite angel eyes range has now been expanded to include the Orion Lite X120 kit.

http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=5686

The X120 kit is pretty much as you can imagine - 120 LED. It cannot be purchased as an Opaque setup like you can with the 60 LED standard Orion Lite kit but it's got as many LED as some of our other products.

It comes only with a 1 year warranty and is $60 more than the Orion Lite standard edition kit, while being about the same price as the Lifetime Warranty Orion V2 kit.

Also, in real life, the Orion V2 LED is still sufficiently brighter than the Lite X120 kit.

First 2 people that purchase AND gives us pictures get $20 credits on their orders

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
csracing87

My Ride: 06 M3 .... drop top!
Lightbulb A few questions

And of course now I see that you're looking for installation pictures. My bad!

I'm looking to purchase soon. I'll volunteer to be one of the first to install/submit pics of that if I can get a few questions answered, and if you feel you can honestly recommend these given the list of what I'm looking for (below).
A few questions for you:
  1. Is the installation similar to other kits (I'm reading these have 3 clips instead of 2)?
  2. Is everything included or do I also need to buy/make a wiring harness?
  3. Would I be able to connect a remote-trigger wire (so they come on with lock/unlock)?

These 120s seem to be just what I am looking for. Please let me know if you can recommend them based on:
My requirements for angel eyes
  • OEM-like (when off)
  • pure white in color (not blue/yellow tinted)
  • Brighter than E90 OEMs but NOT SUPER CRAZY BRIGHT EITHER
  • LED powered
  • Smooth looking, no string-of-pearls-effect from crappy far-apart LEDs.

Last edited by csracing87; 12-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
csracing87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
umnitza

If your requirements are what they are, then you need to look into the X120 or the Orion V4.

X120s do not look OEM when off like the Orion V4, but they are ok.
They are pure white, Orion V4 are pure white.
X120s are brighter than E92 2012 MY, Orion V4 are brighter still.
Both are LED powered.
Orion V4 are smoother but the X120 is also smooth.

1) yes, same install
2) yes, you don't need a harness, all is included.
3) yes, included.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
23dilbert

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323I (RHD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by umnitza View Post
The new Orion Lite angel eyes range has now been expanded to include the Orion Lite X120 kit.

http://www.umnitza.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=5686

The X120 kit is pretty much as you can imagine - 120 LED. It cannot be purchased as an Opaque setup like you can with the 60 LED standard Orion Lite kit but it's got as many LED as some of our other products.

It comes only with a 1 year warranty and is $60 more than the Orion Lite standard edition kit, while being about the same price as the Lifetime Warranty Orion V2 kit.

Also, in real life, the Orion V2 LED is still sufficiently brighter than the Lite X120 kit.

First 2 people that purchase AND gives us pictures get $20 credits on their orders

How bright are the Orion Lite 60+ in the day time?
23dilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
umnitza

Orion Lite are ok brightness, they are visible, but not too much so during the day.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
330xIce

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Send a message via AIM to 330xIce
I've had the Orion Lite 60+ with the Opaque option on my car in the past and I have to say they were definitely bright enough for me during the day. Totally visible and they looked awesome. I'd like to see the v2's and v4's in real life. I couldnt imagine how bright they must be!

Follow Me On Instagram: JamesMarshall_E46

///My Progress Thread - How To Set a Signature - Black Sedans FTMFW
-James-
330xIce is offline   Reply With Quote