E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
swaggerwagon

My Ride: 2005 330i
Bad day

I had an accident the other day. Lady pulled out in front of me and hit me sending me over the curb. the damage is limited to the front left and right wheels. It was estimated $4200 by the adjuster and that was just to the naked eye. the bumper is since removed as parts began being sucked into the wheel. Is this worth the repair or should I just start over fresh with my dignity still intact.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crash.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	483823   Click image for larger version

Name:	crash repair.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	483824   Click image for larger version

Name:	under hood.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	483825   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper fail.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	483826  

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Ebay headers | Long tube CAI | modbargains ///M pedal covers | SS clutch line | CDV removed | Turner camber arms | Meyle HD FCABs | uuc poly motor/trans mounts | Eurospec Muffler | Clutch masters Stage 2 with aluminum flywheel | Coilover kit | CSL front bumper | Z4m shift lever | VISracing CF hood | Depo HID w/CCFL halo rings

Last edited by swaggerwagon; 12-29-2012 at 12:44 AM.
swaggerwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #2
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci
Sorry to hear - but could be worse!

With regards to repairs - will insurance pay the full cost?
if so then go for it

If its out of ur pocket - u have to consider if the rest of the car (including interior) is pristine - then go for it !

Good luck!

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
E46 4 Breakfast

My Ride: 330XI
Even though the cost sounds high a bit i would repair the car. What you have is something rare up in Canada. I tried finding a 330I or XI with M package and Manual transmission but in 3 months of looking have not seen one anywhere even went to the my BMW dealer to see if they might have one coming back from a client soon. Ended up buying a 330Xi with Sport Package and Harmon Karmon.
Even now and then i look up on the web and never seen one for sale.
E46 4 Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
swaggerwagon

got the call from the lady's insurance today and they are covering the full cost. the interior is near mint with the exception of the steering wheel with coby wheel is recovering. I am going to go ahead and repair it with hopefully many more years of enjoyment

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Ebay headers | Long tube CAI | modbargains ///M pedal covers | SS clutch line | CDV removed | Turner camber arms | Meyle HD FCABs | uuc poly motor/trans mounts | Eurospec Muffler | Clutch masters Stage 2 with aluminum flywheel | Coilover kit | CSL front bumper | Z4m shift lever | VISracing CF hood | Depo HID w/CCFL halo rings
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
KOpower

My Ride: 325ci
Good to hear - good luck!

My Ride:
2002 e46 325ci Manual - Sport & Premium Pkg
KOpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
swaggerwagon

Update- the car is getting fixed and I opted to get a CSL bumper for the front just to change things up a bit. The whole left side wire harness is being made and sent from germany so its gonna be a while before my car is on the road again

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Glad its getting repaired! Gorgeous car. Since you have a ZHP, I would just stick with the OEM Mtech front. I think it looks better than a CSL front... But thats my opinion! haha.
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
swaggerwagon

Update...bumper is in and is being painted. waiting on radiator support, corner lights, matte black grilles. all shipping from germany so slow as it goes.

Still got about a week till delivery back to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	repairin.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	487470   Click image for larger version

Name:	starting.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	487471  

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Last edited by swaggerwagon; 01-23-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
TallSkinnyMatt

My Ride: E92 M3 ZCP
Glad to see its all coming along!
TallSkinnyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #10
JQuick5156

My Ride: 2004 330 Coupe
Good to see it will be on the road soon enough. It was good you didn't have to fight with the insurance company and they decided just to cover it.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
swaggerwagon

After 22 days I am starting to believe that the day I get my car back will never come. Im up to $4500 in repairs and the list continues...bumper shock was ordered yesterday

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Old 01-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
My325XI

My Ride: 03 325XI Sprt Prem
Good luck w/ the repair. Good choice though.

2003 325XI 5-speed ZSP ZPP
My325XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #13
sj408

My Ride: E46
hope all goes well on the recovery!
sj408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
swaggerwagon

town and country toyota is doing repairs and I have been by every couple days to oversee how the repairs are going.

I called over today and the car will be ready either tomorrow or friday by lunch time. They are putting it all back together now. This has been possibly the longest 23 days of my life

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #15
MJLavelle

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggerwagon View Post
town and country toyota is doing repairs and I have been by every couple days to oversee how the repairs are going.

I called over today and the car will be ready either tomorrow or friday by lunch time. They are putting it all back together now. This has been possibly the longest 23 days of my life
This does not help you now, but if you are in Charlotte, and want excellent body work done, Scott Autobody on Tyvola works on Maseratti's, Porsche's, Range Rovers, Jaguars, Aston Martin's, and many more. Even better, their prices are no worse than any other decent body shop in Charlotte.
After my wife damaged my front bumper by hooking it over one of those concrete blocks they place in front of some parking spaces (I hate those things), they fixed my car. (she got pissed because I yelled at her for hitting it, after I warned her not to, and jammed it in reverse, and really did some damage! They don't call them hot blooded Latinas for nothing!) They got the OEM BMW bumper for $200, which is a good price from a shop, and they only charged $200 for a flawless paint job. I asked them to put some extra clearcoat on it, so I could wet sand out any dings I seem to get from road debris, and they added 4 extra coats, for $50. It still does not have any visible dings after 3 years.
I figure if they can work on all of those high end cars, they can handle my e46.
So, keep them in mind, I'd something else ehould happen (God forbid), or if you have trouble with the Toyota place's work quality, and they are not willing or able to fix it. I actually heard about them from the claims adjuster at Progressive. He said they like to send any high end cars there, because they get the best results. They do warranty work as well for most of the models I listed above, so they must be pretty good at it. I thought they did great work.
I hope everything turns out great!
MJLavelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Ah good luck OP! Damn, can't believe the bumper cracked like that!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
swaggerwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
Ah good luck OP! Damn, can't believe the bumper cracked like that!
OEM Mtech 2 bumper peeled like a banana

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
please take that K&N filter off... it bad for you!!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Bimmer App
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
swaggerwagon

no worries. the K&N was crushed and will not be going back on the car. i got an AFE dry flow filter to replace it

3 Pedals FTW

BMW level 2 Tech

Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #20
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
^ I'm sure pawelgawel would've been more than happy to crush it for you if it wasn't already.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote