E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Legitimate question for "gun control"

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-goes-the-boom

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;">******** src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:422932" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0">*********><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b><a href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january-16-2013/there-goes-the-boom">The Daily Show with Jon Stewart</a></b><br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor & Satire Blog</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>
Brought to you by the Daily Show. Thoughts?

Last edited by Iceman00; 01-17-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Iceman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
Obviously didn't watch video, but thanks. I'm not for "taking away guns"
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Obviously didn't watch video, but thanks. I'm not for "taking away guns"
I watchd video. It posted No question or stance. It was a comedy sketch.

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!

Last edited by GRIFFIN; 01-17-2013 at 06:35 PM.
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
Fergo

My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
Fergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
Iceman00

Embedded fail.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #7
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
What's the question? You just posted a liberal Jon Stewart rant that went nowhere new.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #8
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
I could smell the "smug" w/o even watching the link

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #9
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
belongs in gun section or poli talk with the rest of the 340958374250987509874350923847 threads about the same subject.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
just watched - sorry, but what was the question?
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #11
Iceman00

How can we enforce existing gun laws when law enforcement's hands are tied? Why are we ok with the NRA (and the GOP) blocking our attempts to control illegal fire arms? Could it be they aren't looking out for gun owners, but rather manufactures and dealers?

And why isn't this more talked about?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
How can we enforce existing gun laws when law enforcement's hands are tied? Why are we ok with the NRA (and the GOP) blocking our attempts to control illegal fire arms? Could it be they aren't looking out for gun owners, but rather manufactures and dealers?

The distinction people are trying to make is that there isn't such a thing as an illegal firearm. There is such a thing as a person illegally owning a firearm. There is also such a thing as a person committing an illegal act with a firearm. The person makes it illegal, not the firearm.

At least that's my understanding.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig

Last edited by evolved; 01-17-2013 at 07:44 PM.
evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #13
Iceman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
The distinction people are trying to make is that there isn't such a thing as an illegal firearm. There is such a thing as a person illegally owning a firearm. There is also such a thing as a person committing an illegal act with a firearm. The person makes it illegal, not the firearm.

At least that's my understanding.
Ok, fair point.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:

Hands tied? I guess no one told Bloomberg and Rahm.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Iceman00

And my biggest question to those who think the Obama administration (and those who watch/listen to Alex Jones :rofl ) What do you propose as gun "regulation" reform?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:

the fact that you think illegal guns exist tells me you know nothing about guns or firearm laws

There is no such thing as an illegal gun

Quote:
And my biggest question to those who think the Obama administration (and those who watch/listen to Alex Jones :rofl ) What do you propose as gun "regulation" reform?
Feel free to "lol" at us. The educated, rational gun owners that possess intelligence, facts and knowledge in regards to firearms and law are ROFL'ing at people like you.

gun "regulation" reform that needs to happen is REPEALING about 90% of the existing firearm laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 01-17-2013 at 06:49 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #17
Iceman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
the fact that you think illegal guns exist tells me you know nothing about guns or firearm laws

There is no such thing as an illegal gun

Feel free to "lol" at us. The educated, rational gun owners that possess intelligence, facts and knowledge in regards to firearms and law are ROFL'ing at people like you.

gun "regulation" reform that needs to happen is REPEALING about 90% of the existing firearm laws
I was waiting for you to come in here and spout off **** about how the stolen/trafficked firearms are somehow legal. Obviously didn't watch the video, and of course frothing at the mouth over laws that don't exist.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
NOVAbimmer

Quote:

How are law enforcement's hands tied? People get arrested for gun crimes all the time.

And what, praytell, is an illegal firearm?

Could it be you're getting your news from a comedian?
Old 01-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
Iceman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
How are law enforcement's hands tied? People get arrested for gun crimes all the time.

And what, praytell, is an illegal firearm?

Could it be you're getting your news from a comedian?
Again, you didn't watch the video - a vast majority of the illegal firearms (yes) that are trafficked come from a handfull of dealers, and dealers can't be inspected more than once a year, nor are they required to keep a log of their inventory. Also, they are not required to cooperate with authorities? If this is true, how to you think we can enforce existing laws on the books with those restrictions? Did you catch the part where they mentioned there is no current director of the ATF, and there hasn't been on for 7 years? Ridiculous.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Again, you didn't watch the video - a vast majority of the illegal firearms (yes) that are trafficked come from a handfull of dealers, and dealers can't be inspected more than once a year, nor are they required to keep a log of their inventory. Also, they are not required to cooperate with authorities? If this is true, how to you think we can enforce existing laws on the books with those restrictions? Did you catch the part where they mentioned there is no current director of the ATF, and there hasn't been on for 7 years? Ridiculous.
I watched the video. It was a liberal Jon Stewart rant that brought up nothing new.

What "handful" of dealers is this providing all the "illegal" firearms? Who says dealers can't be inspected more than once a year? You think business owners don't keep inventories? Did you take "how to run a business 101" pre-requisites? Part of owning a business is knowing what's in stock.

In what way are business owners not required to cooperate with authorities when it comes to keeping purchase records?

Oh no! No BATFE director??? Because he has to be Senate confirmed? If this were a priority, why weren't the Democrats confirming a director while they've controlled the Senate for the majority of the time the post has been empty? Who's been nominated for the post in the past 6 years? Who's been president for 4 of those 6 years the post has been empty?

Why is this just being mentioned now? Oh yeah, that's right, we can have a justifiable emotional reaction.