E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
ST06M3

My Ride: 2008 Subaru STi
Saad/ProEFI Customer Service

I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Thanks again Saad (Jim and Saad) and ProEFI (Jason) for the support!

Last edited by ST06M3; 02-04-2013 at 09:38 PM.
ST06M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
James @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post
I havent posted much lately but I wanted to share my great experience with Saad/ProEFI. As you all know, I dont promote anyone. If I like a product, I will buy it and it express my opinion.

I was having an issue with idling hunting and the car would just stumble at a stop light and eventually die. This had been going on for a few months and it was extremely frustrating to drive since it would die about 75% of the time when rolling to a stop. During rush hour traffic, it was a major PITA. Saad (This applies to both Jim and Saad) and Jason showed good patience and worked with me (I was not in a good mood) to troubleshoot this issue. We went through several trial and error session and eventually turned out to be a bad VANOS which was sent to Dr.Vanos for refurb and reinstall and a faulty IAT. Jason looked over the tune and fixed some minor issues with the car running slightly rich, at idle and provided a software workaround for the IAT issue until we get that a new one ordered and replaced. Car now drives great and a bunch of the typical VANOS clacking noise is gone. Its really nice to have these guys local as they always took the time to address my concerns and issues.

I have been running the ProEFI kit for about 3 years and have nothing but good things to say. Last year I upgraded my turbo to a PT7175 DBB, with Saad HO coilpacks, Saad Stage 2 fuel system, and a few other misc items making it a hybrid Stage 3?? or 2.75...haha!. I am still running the HPF Stage 2.5 exhaust manifold and downpipes (3inch), with a AP exhaust and this car still made ~800WHP. If I had the same hardware as Marcus (Stage 3 pipes with massive 4 inch exhaust), I would have hit the same power as him. But I wanted to keep the car sounding close to stock and see how far I can push the existing HPF hardware. So far so good.

Your welcome Jim
James @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST06M3 View Post

Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
ST06M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Glad to hear it! Was wondering where you'd been! You should bring it to the Coalinga Airstrip, its WAAAAAY better than the Tronga airstrip you came to last year.
Thanks Marcus. Drew is collecting names and has put mine in....lol. I am hoping that either Saad and/or Jason goes too so we can caravan out there. Trying to locate a good set of rear 18s to fit some drag radials.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Great to hear about your experience Jim!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
ST06M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Great to hear about your experience Jim!
Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #7
Saad @ Saad Racing
Sponsor

My Ride: S600
Jim is a great guy and its our pleasure to help him out any time we can. I'm absolutely in love with his car, great color combination and looks like brand new!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saad-...ref=ts&fref=ts

If you can't run with the big Dawgs, stay on the porch!
Saad @ Saad Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
E85head

My Ride: E46 M3
E85head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
Vert-igo

My Ride: Turbo M3 Convertible
Hate to bump an old thread, but I am happy to read good things about this company. I have been working with James at Saad Racing for the past month or so in preparation for my Stage 3 6766 BB E46 M3 kit. I am pretty impressed with James and imagine Saad is great as well.

Won't be long before I strap the car onto a trailer and head to AZ to let Saad build my motor.

1000 WHP here I come!

Last edited by Vert-igo; 03-02-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Vert-igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #10
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Oh Boy!

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #11
Vert-igo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
Oh Boy!
Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:28 PM   #12
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleblackrag View Post
Thanks! I actually want to put down a little more HP. I am going to keep my dual bottle NX nitrous system and add the Saad DP bungs. Should be one sick convertible!

Nice to see a fellow Albertan with a big power M3. I am originally from a little town called Lacombe... About 40 mins away from Edmonton.
I know where it is

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
Vert-igo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasberry View Post
I know where it is

Make sure you are really specific with the parts used in your car so that you get what you need to support the power you are going to be making.
Lol. Lacombe is a horrible place!

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:26 AM   #14
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:

My plan right now is to go with billet mains & 10.5:1 compression. I will only run E85, but will turn the power way down for the track. I have all the supporting power mods, ( 4" cat back, ProEFI , Stage 2 flex fuel, HO Saad Ignition etc.) just need the forged motor and drive train upgrades.
Should be a fun build!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:26 AM   #15
lrinco01

My Ride: 01HPF Stg2 M3, 11'X5
Send a message via Yahoo to lrinco01 Send a message via Skype™ to lrinco01
Talking

Quote:

Awesome news!

Where in the DFW are you in?

Do you have a timeline? Like when will your M3 arrive n be completed/tested by Saad n returned to you?
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

2012 X5D 3.5i - Family hauler
2000 323ci - work in progress - wife's D/D
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L LTD, Fully optioned up......soon TRD supercharged

FOR SALE:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=727953
lrinco01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #16
Vert-igo

I need to explain a bit further. I am swapping out my AA fuel system with 60# injectors and installing my Saad stage 2 fuel system with 1100 FIC's and flex sensor, Saad HO ignition, and ProEFI just to test power gains with my SC. Then the SC kit comes off and will be sold.. After that the mighty stage 3 turbo kit goes on for testing on low boost. Finally I cough up another +$20K for motor and driveline upgrades before I can get into the real power.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #17
lrinco01

Quote:
I need to explain a bit further. I am swapping out my AA fuel system with 60# injectors and installing my Saad stage 2 fuel system with 1100 FIC's and flex sensor, Saad HO ignition, and ProEFI just to test power gains with my SC. Then the SC kit comes off and will be sold.. After that the mighty stage 3 turbo kit goes on for testing on low boost. Finally I cough up another +$20K for motor and driveline upgrades before I can get into the real power.
POW

There it is....Now, I follow....

Ultra sweet plan....so whats your timeline?

Above is your Phase 1 ( wapping out my AA fuel system with 60# injectors and installing my Saad stage 2 fuel system with 1100 FIC's and flex sensor, Saad HO ignition, and ProEFI just to test power gains with my SC. ) for 2014?

will phase 1 be ready by May?

Is this part (the SC kit comes off and the mighty stage 3 turbo kit goes on for testing on low boost.) part of phase 1 or will you enjoy the Flex Fueled AA Renegade SC kit for awhile before slapping the Turbo kit on?

then Phase 2 (Finally I cough up another +$20K for motor and driveline upgrades )

Kool, Start your own Countdown or build thread and keep us posted...I get home in May so we can plan to link up then....shoot me an email lets chat more
HPF Stg.2 on the new Pt6766 Turbo/ Open Dump/ AA Lightweight flywheel/ Aggressive Tune good for 661 RWHP!

FOR SALE:
Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #18
Vert-igo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrinco01 View Post
POW

There it is....Now, I follow....

Ultra sweet plan....so whats your timeline?

Above is your Phase 1 ( wapping out my AA fuel system with 60# injectors and installing my Saad stage 2 fuel system with 1100 FIC's and flex sensor, Saad HO ignition, and ProEFI just to test power gains with my SC. ) for 2014?

will phase 1 be ready by May?

Is this part (the SC kit comes off and the mighty stage 3 turbo kit goes on for testing on low boost.) part of phase 1 or will you enjoy the Flex Fueled AA Renegade SC kit for awhile before slapping the Turbo kit on?

then Phase 2 (Finally I cough up another +$20K for motor and driveline upgrades )

Kool, Start your own Countdown or build thread and keep us posted...I get home in May so we can plan to link up then....shoot me an email lets chat more
If I find a buyer for my SC soon, I will just go straight to installing the turbo. I kinda wanted to leave the SC on for the spring so I can enjoy the car and not have to mess with working the bugs out of a different power adder. I don't think selling the SC is going to be easy or happen fast. Its quite a bit of money and makes more power than your average M3 owner wants. I have to say the Rotrex C38-92 is pretty awesome though.

One more clarification. I have the complete stage 3 kit already with the various parts I listed. I am not waiting to sell the SC to buy it. Its pretty tough looking at the kit and not having it installed yet! I still need to buy the ATI balancer from VAC, also rebuild the complete Vanos and add the turbotoy hub before thinking about putting the turbo on.

Last edited by Vert-igo; 03-08-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #19
lrinco01

Quote:
If I find a buyer for my SC soon, I will just go straight to installing the turbo. I kinda wanted to leave the SC on for the spring so I can enjoy the car and not have to mess with working the bugs out of a different power adder. I don't think selling the SC is going to be easy or happen fast. Its quite a bit of money and makes more power than your average M3 owner wants. I have to say the Rotrex C38-92 is pretty awesome though.
I completely understand...

I can help with selling your current AA renegade sc kit, Tons of Ideas on how to get rid of it....it should be fairly easy...

in the DFW alone there two or three Large BMW groups (NTBC, DFW Bimmers & BMW CCA-Lonestar chapter) where there are few SC'd and i am the 2nd Turbo M3...

Cut them a Great deal and you'll have it sold in no time......although it would've been fun to SEE a SC kit running on a ProEFI & E85!

i do not think thats been done yet?

anyway, link up with me offline

your going to Need Good pics & a video clip or two

FOR SALE:
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #20
Vert-igo

I haven't read anything documented about an SC on ProEFI & E85. That was my reason for wanting to try it - someone's got to do it .