E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #1
Act of God
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Hackers publish Bush Crime Family emails and photos

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...-hacked-589132

Quote:
FEBRUARY 7--The apparent hack of several e-mail accounts has exposed personal photos and sensitive correspondence from members of the Bush family, including both former U.S. presidents, The Smoking Gun has learned.

The photos and e-mails were uploaded yesterday to an online account that appears to have been hacked for the purpose of hosting the material.

In e-mail exchanges with the person who claimed responsibility for the hack, the individual claimed to have swiped “a lot of stuff,” including “interesting mails” about George H.W. Bush’s recent hospitalization, “Bush 43,” and other Bush family members.

Included in the hacked material is a confidential October 2012 list of home addresses, cell phone numbers, and e-mails for dozens of Bush family members, including both former presidents, their siblings, and their children. The posted photos and e-mails contain a watermark with the hacker’s online alias, “Guccifer.”

Correspondence obtained by the hacker indicates that at least six separate e-mail accounts have been compromised, including the AOL account of Dorothy Bush Koch, daughter of George H.W. Bush and sister of George W. Bush. Other breached accounts belong to Willard Heminway, 79, an old friend of the 41st president who lives in Greenwich, Connecticut; CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz, a longtime Bush family friend; former first lady Barbara Bush’s brother; and George H.W. Bush’s sister-in-law.

Both Heminway and Nantz corresponded with Bush, 88, about playing golf and visiting the Bush compound in Kennebunkport, Maine.

The hacked e-mails, sent between 2009 and 2012, include correspondence between Nantz and George W. Bush’s scheduler about an October 2010 golf outing in Dallas. One e-mail includes the street address for Bush, 66, as well as the four-digit code Nantz needed to enter at a security gate. A second e-mail includes details of where Nantz and Bush planned to have dinner after their Saturday golf outing.

One of the hacked Heminway e-mails was sent to him by Brit Hume, the Fox News political analyst, days after the 2012 presidential election. “Election outcome disappointing, but there are many silver linings,” Hume wrote in the November 9 e-mail.

The breach of Dorothy Bush’s AOL account yielded the hacker e-mails that were sent to her late last year about the health of her father, who was then hospitalized in Houston. A November 28 "Report on Dad" e-mail was sent to several family members by Neil Bush, one of George H.W. Bush’s four sons, and included specific details of the 41st president’s illness and prognosis.

In a December 27 e-mail to his four siblings, Jeb Bush saluted his ailing father’s “kindness and good nature” and pointed to “how kind he was with President Clinton and he helped restore his sordid reputation. A very tough thing to do but with kindness, dad probably helped Bill Clinton than anything he himself has done.”

Bush, who wrote at a time his father was in intensive care (and amid media reports that the ex-president was on his death bed), added, “Might be tough to say it that way in a eulogy with President 42 there.”

The hacked e-mails reveal that Bush’s health was so perilous in late-December that the former president’s chief of staff wrote his children to inform them that “your dad’s funeral team is having an emergency meeting at 10 a.m. just to go through all the details.” The Bush aide, Jean Becker, noted that this information “fell under the broadening category of things NOT TO TELL YOUR MOTHER.”

In a December 26 e-mail to his siblings, George W. Bush wrote that he was “thinking about eulogy” and solicited stories that best illustrated their father’s sweet nature, favorite jokes, and acts of kindness. “Hopefully I’m jumping the gun,” noted Bush, who added, “But since the feeling is that you all would rather me speak than bubba, please help.” The mention of “bubba” is apparently a reference to Clinton, whom Bush has referred to as a “brother” due to his close relationship with George H. W. Bush.

Another hacked e-mail showed that presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett forwarded a personal message in late-December to the ailing Bush from President Barack Obama, who wrote that, “Michelle and I haven’t wanted to impinge on you while you are recuperating, but please know that we are thinking of you and the entire family.”

As seen above, one of the photos intercepted by the hacker shows Bush in a hospital. In an e-mail, the hacker said the photo was snapped in December 2012, and that he took the image from Dorothy Bush’s e-mail account. Reached on her cell phone, a shocked Dorothy Bush said she was unaware that her account had been hacked. “Why would someone do this?” asked the 53-year-old Bush, who is pictured at right.

Other family photos show George H.W. Bush with Clinton at the Bush family compound in Maine; Jeb Bush; George W. Bush posing next to a cardboard cutout with his face attached to it; George W. Bush with Ralph Lauren and the designer’s son David (who is married to Neil Bush’s daughter Lauren); and Barbara Bush and Laura Bush posing with a military member.

The hacker also intercepted photos that George W. Bush e-mailed two months ago to his sister showing paintings that he was working on, including self-portraits of him showering and in a bathtub. Another image shows the former president painting at the family’s Maine retreat (his subject is St. Ann’s Episcopal Church, a historic seaside chapel down the road from the sprawling Kennebunkport compound).

The hacker contends that “The feds” began investigating him a “long time ago,” and that he has hacked “hundreds of accounts.” Asked if he was concerned about the FBI/Secret Service investigation that will no doubt follow shortly, he replied crytically, “i have an old game with the ****ing bastards inside, this is just another chapter in the game.” (8 pages)
Seems like a pretty normal and caring family. Odd how hackers always seem to be able to get their hands on stuff regarding certain politicians...but nothing on others. go figure

"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." October 23, 2010, not January 20, 2009
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Carskibum

My Ride: E90
Send a message via AIM to Carskibum
Bush crime family? It seems like a trying time for the Bush clan, let's share with the world.

This guy sounds crazy, btw.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post

Seems like a pretty normal and caring family. :
4500+ dead US troops agree.

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
4500+ dead US troops agree.
I was a US soldier and OIF and OEF veteran. Didn't know you spoke for my dead comrades. Interesting.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
I was a US soldier and OIF and OEF veteran. Didn't know you spoke for my dead comrades. Interesting.
Do you speak for them?

Tell me - did they want to die for Dubya's lie?

Quote:
If you ever want to see what I mean by the arbitrariness of categories, check the situation of polarized politics. The next time a Martian visits earth, try to explain to him to why those who favor allowing capital punishment also oppose the elimination of a fetus in the mother's womb.
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
choxor

Quote:
Do you speak for them?

Tell me - did they want to die for Dubya's lie?
I'm not going to go there. You can ask any soldier, we consider each other family. As such, leave us out of your political banter.

I'm not going to explain how a soldier feels about the ones we've lost. You'll never understand and frankly you're not worthy of understanding unless you've served. The only thing us and our dead are to you are talking points to smear the other side. You have any dead family members? Maybe I can spin that to push my political views.

Last edited by choxor; 02-08-2013 at 08:20 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
I'm not going to go there. You can ask any soldier, we consider each other family. As such, leave us out of your political banter.

I'm not going to explain how a soldier feels about the ones we've lost. You'll never understand and frankly you're not worthy of understanding unless you've served. The only thing us and our dead are to you are talking points to smear the other side. You have any dead family members? Maybe I can spin that to push my political views.
Don't presume to know anything about me, and don't act like I'm using the deaths of the soldiers who died for Dubya's lie to score political points.

I'm merely pointing out that 'normal people' don't use our military to satisfy personal family vendettas while draining the US Treasury to enrich their cronies.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Quote:
Do you speak for them?

Tell me - did they want to die for Hillary's lie?
Fixed...

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #9
badfast

My Ride: A Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
Fixed...
I fail to find the funny. as$hole.
badfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM   #10
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)

Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #11
Lair
E46Fanatic

No.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
choxor

Quote:
No.
Figured as much.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Figured as much.
You'll have better luck debating a potato.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #14
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
You'll have better luck debating a potato.

At least he'd be debating on the proper level.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
At least he'd be debating on the proper level.
Which is still a level up from where you are.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Lair
E46Fanatic

Nice edit.

It's "flippant" to bring up the senseless deaths of 4500+ US troops that died for a lie that was perpetrated by a texas thug?

How warped is your brain?

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
Lair
E46Fanatic

Awesome. Now there are two of us who can look down at you.

Quote:
Congratulations.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #18
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Awesome. Now there are two of us who can look down at you.
touche.....still fvck you though.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #19
choxor

See, there's something you'll never understand. We don't fight for politics. We made an obligation and whether or not we agreed with why we were there, we fought for each other. Nothing more and nothing less.

Want to talk about the morning news? Fine. Want to talk about my dead brothers? You may be outside your comfort zone.

EDIT: Now on topic, that hacker is an idiot for giving out his handle. I hope he's outside the US.

Last edited by choxor; 02-08-2013 at 09:04 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
Lair
E46Fanatic

What you don't seem to understand is - my problem is not with the people who signed up to defend this country. It's with the pieces of shlt that send them to die for no reason.

Quote:
Congratulations.