E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
B_M_W

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Post Wheel bearings, Axles, Driveshaft, etc...

I have a 2002 BMW 330Ci and it has 150000 miles. Very well maintained and I've done all work myself on it as opposed to taking it to a shop and breaking my wallet. I recently had to change right from wheel bearing and after I corrected, it still had some shudder in the steering but not near the vibrations throughout the car and road noise. After what seemed like a balance issue at first since I corrected how the wheel grabbed the road, I was recommended change the front tires and it should straighten it out due to a round in the tire from it riding cocked with the bad bearing. Now, with two new tires there is zero road noise or vibration or pulling left/right in steering.. just at about 65mph+ I can feel an almost grinding feeling with my foot on the gas pedal & ever slight vibration which may be coming from the rear, hard to tell. At those speeds there is a slight and slow 'lull' sound that I can't tell where is coming from that doesn't seem to match the wheel speed; my father suggested possibly a rear bearing going bad or a weight on the driveshaft off making it vibrate slightly at higher speeds. Wheels have just been balanced and I'm trying to find answers. If you think you can help, drop a line. Thanks!
B_M_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
dirty vert

My Ride: 2001 330ci
I would start with changing diff fluid, and check the guibo,and driveshaft for anything that looks bad (the guibo is rubber-and rubber does degrade). I have only had my car for about 5k miles (I'm at 102k), so I haven't experienced those issues yet.
dirty vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
B_M_W

Talking

Thanks for the tip buddy; I appreciate any and all opinions on the matter. That seems like a good place to start as any!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
B_M_W

Anyone else have any opinion on the matter??
Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
malaishar330ci

My Ride: Carltonville
Help me buddy!! I just installed a free flow system on my 330 ci 2002 model front to back as my cats were blown both of them now my car is idling funny iys like its misfiring i dont know what could be the problem

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Bimmer App
malaishar330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #6
csa714

My Ride: 2004 330cic
I had two slightly bent rims, which when fixed made a substantial difference. I did not have the grinding, but the lull noise was there.
csa714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw 330ci