E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
lpm

My Ride: 05 M3 SMG
Best repair shops in Mass?

Hey guys, bought my 05 m3 in the fall and had to replace the SMG pump at the stealer to the tune of $4100 because no one else would touch the car. Now I am nervous about the subframe, and I wanted to get new bushings and a subframe kit welded in. I do not have a lift at my house, nor am I the best welder, so I would like a shop to do it, but I don't know where to go? I really do not want to bring it to the dealer, and I don't even know if they would do it. I know it is a common problem, and a lot of people are running reinforcement plates, so any help would be appreciated, thanks!
lpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
hummer

My Ride: 2001 330CI
Mass is a big state, where are you?
hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
You should post up in the New England Forums, tons of info there for this and even a list of best shops.

Turner Motorsport in weymouth sells and installs the subframe reinforcement kit and would most likely be able to handle this job.

Bavarian Performance Group in winchester is also another independant that is often recommended.

Import Auto Werks in Braintree is another good recommendation.

Check out the new england forums, and I am sorry you bought a BMW with an SMG
Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
lpm

I am on the south coast, but am willing to travel anywhere remotely near.

I will check out Turner, thanks for the advice. As for the SMG, I would have prefered a 6 speed, but It's still an m3, so I am happy. One came up for sale at the right price at the right time, so I bought it. I would rather be driving an smg m3, then none at all. And if I ever really want a manual car, i'll trade someone for a mint ZHP sedan.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
South coast? I know eastern/southern mass = fall river/new bedford area. There are some good places up north, Turner, Kaizen, etc, but those are all west of the city. If Rhode Island is more convenient, Cima on Cranston St. has been doing german cars for decades. Prices are good as well... $400 for a starter for me installed, which I think is extremely good considering my dealer wanted almost double that.
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
lpm

Yep, I am from am from Marion...but no one knows where that is but it's around that area. I don't mind traveling far to get the best work and prices though. Right now my number one choice is Turner because they have the parts and are experienced which usually means a better job done and cheaper too because they charge less hours for labor, which according to their website is $95/hr which isn't bad for the level of work being done.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
dave96dcm
It ain't cheap to be cool.

My Ride: 2002 325i
Send a message via AIM to dave96dcm
I've done 3. There's threads here on 1 or two of them. I'm usually faster and cheaper than turner.

Last edited by dave96dcm; 03-03-2013 at 06:50 AM.
dave96dcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #8
Shock3r

My Ride: E46 328i
Import AutoWerks
Shock3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:15 PM   #9
lucky7_paul

My Ride: saab 93
Actually you can check the turner price, and get the quote from my shop J&J auto in Quincy. Get the quote doesn't hurt~ Could call 617-786-8866. Call to find out. U'll see what i'm talking about.
lucky7_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
I live in the south shore, so Import Autowerks and Alvin's staff is where i'll for routine things and my familys BMW. Hes really involved with BMWCCA, has hosted a number of Undercarrige inspection day's.
Only issue, is he can get very busy there lots of soccer mom bmw's and such. Cars which people whom would normally go to the dealership. Prob Because he used to run the service dept @ bmw gallery I think.

For Higher Performance cars, race prep and such
ACE Performance in Tewskbury is Awesome. Baer, Vik and the rest of their team there are great guys. They even have a BMWCCA Discount

I went to them last week, after visiting on their own undercarriage inspection event. They are very very well versed with e46 M3's and I would either have them or turner perform the subframe reinforcement job.
That's prob. where I will have mine done when the time comes.

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.

Last edited by Bigo1087; 05-02-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Bigo1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
dave96dcm
It ain't cheap to be cool.

My Ride: 2002 325i
Send a message via AIM to dave96dcm
Like I said earlier I've done 3 M3's and I can TIG or MIG up to you.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
bssofro

My Ride: M3
3D autoworks in. Hudson NH

Contact Info:
3D Auto Works
One Industrial Dr.
Hudson, NH 03051
Phone: (603) 882-3400
Email: bimmertech@3dautoworks.com

Last edited by bssofro; 06-17-2013 at 11:33 PM.
bssofro is offline   Reply With Quote