E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
fastsoup

My Ride: currently seeking
Beautiful ZHP

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3664162022.html

I would drive down and buy this thing RIGHT NOW if I didn't have to pay all those import fees.

This one looks like a winner with a fantastic color combo.
fastsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
jonesenberg

My Ride: '04 330i ZHP 6spd
Almost never see 'em in white. Digging the two-tone interior look. Except for nav, she is pretty well optioned out.
jonesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
LeMansteve

My Ride: '04 330i 6mt ZSP ZPP
Nice. I'd fly out if I were in the market for one.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
GGray
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 01 325it Wagonator
Man that's a good color combo, rare..

To bad I like my touring so much..

88 E30M3 turbo race/track car
89 M3 restore project
91 325i M tech convertible.
92 Gti 8V
01 325it five speed daily/track AKA: Wagonator.

If you can take it apart you can make it faster
GGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Eliott's-BMW

My Ride: E46 3-Pedal Mafia
I have a friend who has a black 04 coupe with that interior and every time I see it I go
(right Max)? btw when are you going to replace your clutch man?

"May GOD grant you DOUBLE the amount you wish upon me!"

Last edited by Eliott's-BMW; 03-07-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Eliott's-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
willmkent

My Ride: Taurus
what do they mean by "stay away from the E46 automatic transmission" ?

are they problematic??
willmkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Eliott's-BMW

My Ride: E46 3-Pedal Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
what do they mean by "stay away from the E46 automatic transmission" ?

are they problematic??
Yes, more than a manual especially if you like to drive your car hard...

"May GOD grant you DOUBLE the amount you wish upon me!"
Eliott's-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Automatics have the potential to be costly and complex to repair. They are very nice when working properly and when maintained though. Once the t/c locks up, they move similarly or just as well as a manual does. Aside from the reverse drum thing, the automatics tend to last long it seems. Manual is just a pure experience on these cars though. recommend manual all the way.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #9
fastsoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Automatics have the potential to be costly and complex to repair. They are very nice when working properly and when maintained though. Once the t/c locks up, they move similarly or just as well as a manual does. Aside from the reverse drum thing, the automatics tend to last long it seems. Manual is just a pure experience on these cars though. recommend manual all the way.
Very well said...

BTW mango, I am noticing more and more haters knocking at your door, very disrespectfully might I add. Please do keep in mind, they are your biggest fans.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #10
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
It's a nice color combination, but that's about it. It seems as if very little preparation has been put into the cleaning and photographs for the ad.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
fastsoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande D View Post
It's a nice color combination, but that's about it. It seems as if very little preparation has been put into the cleaning and photographs for the ad.
Agreed, but sometimes, it's the further details that i consider and think, "this might be a great deal"

1) 80k miles...very low.

2) Notice the condition of the thigh support and the steering wheel

3) OBC stats 115 miles until empty and it's at quarter of a tank...tells me he doesn't drive the **** out of it. I can't see him mapping that all out with the shitty photo's he took.

I want this CAR NOW!!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
willmkent

My Ride: Taurus
right on, Im in the market so i had to ask. I am open to either transmission at this point but a manny would be preferred
willmkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #13
BlendZen

My Ride: '03 ZHP Saloon
Love the white.

I'm in Portland and I'm surprised this car is still for sale, I think I saw it around 2-3 weeks ago when I finally pulled the trigger on mine. I've had a ZHP alert on my craiglist app (it's nice that that letter combination rarely comes up for anything else) for close to 9 months and and don't think I've seen a white one in Portland or Seattle (one in Spokane). And I've maybe seen one that was less then 100k and less then $15k. So, my too good-to-be-true-flag is going off, especially with the lack of 5 minutes taken to give some nicer pictures.

That said, if you're in the market take a look at it, it's getting harder and harder to find sub 100k zhps (MT no less) in the NW. With the taxes you'd have to pay though, it's probably not much different then a $15k zhp in Seattle.
BlendZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
|2eckLesS

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlendZen View Post
Love the white.

I'm in Portland and I'm surprised this car is still for sale, I think I saw it around 2-3 weeks ago when I finally pulled the trigger on mine. I've had a ZHP alert on my craiglist app (it's nice that that letter combination rarely comes up for anything else) for close to 9 months and and don't think I've seen a white one in Portland or Seattle (one in Spokane). And I've maybe seen one that was less then 100k and less then $15k. So, my too good-to-be-true-flag is going off, especially with the lack of 5 minutes taken to give some nicer pictures.

That said, if you're in the market take a look at it, it's getting harder and harder to find sub 100k zhps (MT no less) in the NW. With the taxes you'd have to pay though, it's probably not much different then a $15k zhp in Seattle.

Do you really have that high of taxes in the NW? 2k for a 9 year old car? Good god. I got my 04 zhp coupe with same options and a few more with 62k on the odometer for 14k last march. I believe with sales tax and personal property tax we have down here in SC I was still around the 700 dollar range. If the tax rate is that much higher no way I will transfer through work to the NW.

Also thigh support golden, steering wheel looks like mine, oily. Getting to that DIY cleaning this weekend.

Last edited by |2eckLesS; 03-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.
|2eckLesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
BlendZen

My Ride: '03 ZHP Saloon
Quote:
Originally Posted by |2eckLesS View Post
Do you really have that high of taxes in the NW? 2k for a 9 year old car? Good god. I got my 04 zhp coupe with same options and a few more with 62k on the odometer for 14k last march. I believe with sales tax and personal property tax we have down here in SC I was still around the 700 dollar range. If the tax rate is that much higher no way I will transfer through work to the NW.
It's actually practically nothing if you live in Portland (though you'll have income tax if you work here), I think $200 for title and registration and that's it. But Washington and California have sales tax, along with special rules for cars. I know nothing about the cost in Washington, but in California it would probably get close to 2k. I assumed the same for Washington, but it might be a high estimate.
BlendZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #16
raphen

My Ride: 2001 325i Sport
mmmmm. beautiful maiden in white
raphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:00 AM   #17
brokensmile209

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325ci
Portland, where my ex gf used to lived, bring back a lot of memories

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
brokensmile209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
EmDeeAr

My Ride: 330i ZHP
She's tan and already dressed for our wedding

But it really is a nice color combo. I was just talking about this color combo in another thread...

The pictures and overall selling preparation do look a little... sketch, though.

Last edited by EmDeeAr; 03-08-2013 at 08:54 AM.
EmDeeAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #19
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Clean ZHP indeed. Whoever gets it is lucky.

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #20
dirtypinguin

My Ride: 330i ZHP Sedan
Hello Gents, new member here from Seattle

So I took a look at this car and had it inspected. It has a slight leak from the rack, small crack in windshield, driver side window goes up slower than the rest, front tires are looking worn (evenly). Other than that, its a great looking 2 owner car. Current owner has a growing family and needs something larger. We negotiated the price down to 12k.
Does this sound fair enough with the given issues? From reading the this forum, the rack and window regulator seem to be somewhat common issues on e46's.

Thanks for your input,
Alex
dirtypinguin is offline   Reply With Quote