E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Canon brings you more dSLRs you didn't know were needed...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/21/c...rebel-sl1-t5i/

And the market for soccer moms who want a dSLR keeps growing...
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #2
Breezy

My Ride: LSB M3, saab 900s
When people getting involved in dslr photography ask me what camera to buy..these days I don't even know what to say, I can't keep up.
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Breezy I usually start with budget and how much you think you will stick with it. If you think you will be doing more, then bump up the budget.

Gadgets has always been this crazy ride. You can throw cars in there too. They don't necessarily change each year. But I guess when you say you bought a new camera, it has to have been produced within that year.

idk about the soccer mom analogy. I hear a lot of pro photographers grabbing up a smaller DSLR to use for family functions. i.e. vacations. Because its smaller and easy to lug around.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
s3th

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZHP
Screw my mkii. The SL1 looks pretty cool.

500px
s3th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
SamDoe1

My Ride: Clubs baby seals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
When people getting involved in dslr photography ask me what camera to buy..these days I don't even know what to say, I can't keep up.
I usually go with a 1D3 recommendation. If people ask me what camera they should buy, I reply with a smart ass answer. The internet is just as easy for them to access as it is for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxual328ci View Post
idk about the soccer mom analogy. I hear a lot of pro photographers grabbing up a smaller DSLR to use for family functions. i.e. vacations. Because its smaller and easy to lug around.
I'm not sure why when the G series cameras produce great images that are perfect for family functions. And as we all know, it's not the camera that gives you great images, it's the lens and there's no way to make those more compact (DO lenses aside).
SamDoe1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #6
saxual328ci

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post

I'm not sure why when the G series cameras produce great images that are perfect for family functions. And as we all know, it's not the camera that gives you great images, it's the lens and there's no way to make those more compact (DO lenses aside).

So true. I have a Sony W1 and one time I was standing next to someone at a concert. We both had the same camera. I was getting killer shots, and they were getting crap.

Overall I think the consumers has a win win, with all these cameras to choose from.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #7
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
I'll wait for some reviews but instead of giving my sister my T2i I might get her the SL1 since she can still use her lenses with it and have something smaller to carry in her diaper bag to document her newborn.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote