E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
goblinsplace

My Ride: 330i ZHP
Last Little Touches! HELP ME OUT!

All regarding my 2000 323i

1 - My hood doesn't close flush. The rubber riser things are ALL the way down. Had to use a plyer to get them low. Helped 80% but need more. I did that with the Air box stuff out. BUT when i put it back, its up a little again.
Its enough where the lever to unlatch the hood sticks out. Any ideas????

-yes the hood has been repainted, so someone screwed something up

2- see pic! What do i do? This pealing of cloth is happening around the car in a few places. DAMN Arizona is TOO HOT! Please let me know the exact type of resin, glue or whatever i need..... I wanna do it right! Its also doing it on the front windshield airbag cloth a little.

3 - I changed the CCV (crank case vent valve) and didnt change the intake boots. Some say they can crack.. I pulled at them pretty hard.. I cant tell. Sprayed mist when car was on, cant tell is there is air moving cuz of electric fan blowing the mist. So that idea didnt work.... Any ideas? Should i just change them?

4 - Where in the trunk exactly is the CD Changer prewire chilling? Its a 2000 323i.

5- NAME THAT SCREW! Found a 7/16 or 12mm nut under my car. Its a shared spot. I just did a lot of work. Can we rule it out? I don't remember any 12's under there when i was doing the Guibo/drop exhaust... Can anyone confirm?

Also found another. I'm sure its from my car - this fall of the heat shield?

6 - Windshield sprayer... Didnt work for years. Cleaned it out, CLRed the pump/motor. 1st try sprayed me in the face... Now, just dribbles. Any ideas? Bad motor? Are they working or dead? Or do they get weak

7 - Paint - (Will add photo) Driver front fender is repainted. Now the top layer is chipping off, and under is the same color. I hate it. Don't want to drop 400 on a repaint for a fender. What can i do to stop the chips or fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00224-20090528-0356.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	316920   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00223-20090528-0356.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	316921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00217-20090528-0352.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	316922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00225-20090528-0358.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	316923  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00216-20090528-0352.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	316924   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00214-20090527-1817.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	316925  
goblinsplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.

Tags
carpet, ccv, hood, intake boot, paint