E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #61
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
No you are the ***** because you can't defend yourself without a gun
You never fired a gun, see? Pvssy.

And come at me in Jersey. No gun, I promise.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #62
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
95% of the people who oppose legal gun ownership have never even fired one.

Pvssies.
83% of stats are made up on the spot.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:04 PM   #63
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
83% of stats are made up on the spot.
you're a hippie 50%, 60% of the time... 30% of the day

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #64
that_girl

My Ride: 2005 325i
We own 6 guns and counting. The difference between me and the anti-gun-non-gun owner is this.....

If someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night, they'll call 911 and then wait on hold for so long that by the time they get an operator, it's too late.

I, on the other hand will take either the loaded 45 on the left side of my bed or the loaded shotgun on the right, defend myself and my family and then call 911 and let them know what happened. WHY??? Because thats my constitutional right as an AMERICAN!

Point 2: People who want to ban firearms need to understand that taking away legally obtained guns from law abiding citizens will not stop crime. It will increase it. Once criminals know that the pubic is disarmed, it's a free for all on carjackings, armed robberies, home invasions, ect... This has been proven over and over again in states and countries that have banned guns and the bans were later overturned because of the massive increase in crime! AND most important to remember (or for some of you to REALIZE) is that disarming law abiding people will NOT take illegal guns off the streets and out of the hands of criminals!

Get Educated! Go Learn to Shoot! Its Not That Scary!
that_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #65
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_girl View Post
We own 6 guns and counting. The difference between me and the anti-gun-non-gun owner is this.....

If someone breaks into their house in the middle of the night, they'll call 911 and then wait on hold for so long that by the time they get an operator, it's too late.

I, on the other hand will take either the loaded 45 on the left side of my bed or the loaded shotgun on the right, defend myself and my family and then call 911 and let them know what happened. WHY??? Because thats my constitutional right as an AMERICAN!

Point 2: People who want to ban firearms need to understand that taking away legally obtained guns from law abiding citizens will not stop crime. It will increase it. Once criminals know that the pubic is disarmed, it's a free for all on carjackings, armed robberies, home invasions, ect... This has been proven over and over again in states and countries that have banned guns and the bans were later overturned because of the massive increase in crime! AND most important to remember (or for some of you to REALIZE) is that disarming law abiding people will NOT take illegal guns off the streets and out of the hands of criminals!

You might want to invest in better locks and/or alarm system. While I'm sleeping comfortable in my bed knowing I live in a fortress... you've got to keep a gun by your side at all times.

If you're a smart home owner, your gun should never be your first line of defense
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #66
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
If you're a smart home owner, your gun should never be your first line of defense
We have an alarm system and guns. Can never be too safe, especially with the economy the way it is.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 06-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #67
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
You might want to invest in better locks and/or alarm system. While I'm sleeping comfortable in my bed knowing I live in a fortress... you've got to keep a gun by your side at all times.

Locks forget to be locked, easy to pick
Alarms are simple to disarm
Garage Door codes are easy to grab
etc.

Robberies and murders happen in the richest areas during daylight as well.
Never answer the front door?

But I agree... guns are the LAST line of defense, pretty much always. If the perp gets that far in my house, GLUCK to him/her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #68
that_girl

Its not my first line of defense by any means. I live in a fortress as well and I don't anticipate ever needing to use them in my own home. I hope to God I never need to use them for self defense, but I like knowing they're there in case I ever do. Just don't miss my point about how criminals will always have guns no matter if they're banned or not.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #69
that_girl

AND......
If they've broken into my house, they've probably broken into other houses before and will probably break into more after until someone stops them so why not me? Maybe your house is next? I guess we'll never know because I'm a pretty good shot....lol
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #70
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:

I have both (and 20 security cameras)

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #71
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_girl View Post

Australia and England are both perfect examples backing this statement.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #72
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Locks forget to be locked, easy to pick
Alarms are simple to disarm
Garage Door codes are easy to grab
etc.

Robberies and murders happen in the richest areas during daylight as well.
Never answer the front door?

But I agree... guns are the LAST line of defense, pretty much always. If the perp gets that far in my house, GLUCK to him/her!
If someone can't remember to lock a door, they probably don't have the brains to operate a firearm.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:12 AM   #73
Satanachia

My Ride: 323CI 323I
Read...

http://www.nrapublications.org/AC/index.html
Satanachia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:13 AM   #74
Satanachia

Everyone should join the NRA.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #75
Satanachia

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/OpEds/Wh...e_Own_Guns.htm

I suggest if you don't own a gun, get one. A handgun.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #76
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
If someone can't remember to lock a door, they probably don't have the brains to operate a firearm.
oh come on... never left a light on? Iron one? Door open? gas nozzle in the car?

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #77
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
oh come on... never left a light on? Iron one? Door open? gas nozzle in the car?

lol
PK is flawless - That's him - Iceman. It's the way he flies, ice cold, no mistakes. He wears you down, you get bored, frustrated, do something stupid and he's got ya. ~Goose, Top Gun

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #78
LoveMyBMW

My Ride: 2004 330i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
No you are the ***** because you can't defend yourself without a gun

For tens of thousands of years, it's been the male's responsibility to protect his mate and offspring from predators. For even longer, the survival instinct has driven humans of both genders to fight predators. Yet you seem to either a) be afraid of that responsibility, or b) not want to get your enlightened hands dirty, and so you have decided that SOMEONE ELSE (the police, the state) has the duty and responsibility to protect you and your family from predators.

So who's the pvssy, exactly???
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #79
LoveMyBMW

My Ride: 2004 330i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
You think guns are primarily used for the benefit of mankind? This is where I take the high road and you the low...
Just stop to think how many people (especially in the history of THIS country) did not starve because they had a gun...

While most cutting-edge weapons systems (e.g., the longbow, the gun) probably WERE initially developed for killing other humans, the fact is that both the bow and the gun have proved invaluable hunting tools that have allowed countless humans to avoid starvation for centuries.

What I guess I'm saying is that I don't think it's as black/white as you make it out to be. Guns are not inherently evil, IMO.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #80
UberBimmer
LETS GO RED SOX

My Ride: a beat up bimmer
Here is my standard answer, as I do not DEBATE this with anyone because its not a debateable topic..

Gun control will work great for people who obey the laws, BUT people who obey the laws dont run around committing crimes like armed robbery or murder. Criminals are criminals, and they will continue to be criminals. You can make owning a gun illegal, but what is that law going to mean for someone who already continuously breaks the current laws we have in place? We have a ban on automatic weapons, yet almost everyday you hear about a drug deal gone bad, or a home invasion, where someone used an automatic weapon during the crime. GUN control will only make crime spike, because there will always be a black market for guns just like there is now, and with gun control criminals will be able to enter homes armed to the teeth and basically relieve you of your possesions because they know there is nothing you can possibly have that will match their weapons. END THREAD

your brother is a moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4izzle View Post
i like heavy women. what's your name girl?
UberBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote