E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #81
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
oh come on... never left a light on? Iron one? Door open? gas nozzle in the car?

lol
Never. I'm the Iceman. *biting gesture*
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #82
Goughie

My Ride: 330d Sport Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Australia and England are both perfect examples backing this statement.

I don't know about Oz, but your assertion about England is just bull Glocky - no offense man but guns really are not a feature of the landscape in the UK (and by that I mean guns not used for rough and clay shooting or the very small number of rifles used for the management of deer, etc).

"The protection of views purely on religious grounds cannot be justified. It is not only an irrational idea, but it is also divisive, capricious and arbitrary" - Lord Justice Laws, UK 29/04/2010
Goughie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #83
reynaldo

My Ride: 2001 325i Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to reynaldo
your brother is ignorant. iam pro gun ownership and I will keep buying more whenever i get a chance. I have 9MM and M4 BTW. Plan to purchase 2 more pistol or glock in the near future.
reynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #84
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
I don't know about Oz, but your assertion about England is just bull Glocky - no offense man but guns really are not a feature of the landscape in the UK (and by that I mean guns not used for rough and clay shooting or the very small number of rifles used for the management of deer, etc).
Your crime rate in England with gun control is HIGHER than the US without it.

I am not saying you have more crime related to guns, I am saying you have more crime.

Thats a fact. Sorry.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 06-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #85
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
I guess I just take a bit of 'offense' (not really the word I'm looking for as that sounds too strong) to the insinuation (maybe I'm just perceiving that) that now all of a sudden the amount of restrictions is shooting through the roof as though the current POTUS has done much of anything concerning guns.
By no means do I suggest that Obama is the root cause of this issue. Indeed, it was a republican (Reagan) that signed the original assault weapons ban into law. But I also believe, along with many others, that Obama's voting record is very anti-gun and that things are going to "change"

We haven't seen the beginning of it...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #86
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goughie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post
Your crime rate in England with gun control is HIGHER than the US without it.

I am not saying you have more crime related to guns, I am saying you have more crime.

Thats a fact. Sorry.
No one with a brain would argue that Britian has less gun related crimes than America. If you guys had more cars than us, you would probably have my car related crimes. Moot point.

I am talking about having the ability to stop crime yourself. To protect yourself and your family. If you and your wife, kid, friend are walking down the street and 4 guys with knives (they are legal, right?) surround you, what exactly are you going to do?

READ THIS....

Britain, Australia top U.S. in violent crime

Rates Down Under increase despite strict gun-control measures

Law enforcement and anti-crime activists regularly claim that the United States tops the charts in most crime-rate categories, but a new international study says that America's former master -- Great Britain -- has much higher levels of crime. The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations.

Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.

Jack Straw, the British home secretary, admitted that "levels of victimization are higher than in most comparable countries for most categories of crime."

Highlights of the study indicated that:

The percentage of the population that suffered "contact crime" in England and Wales was 3.6 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in the United States and 0.4 percent in Japan.

Burglary rates in England and Wales were also among the highest recorded. Australia (3.9 percent) and Denmark (3.1 per cent) had higher rates of burglary with entry than England and Wales (2.8 percent). In the U.S., the rate was 2.6 percent, according to 1995 figures;

"After Australia and England and Wales, the highest prevalence of crime was in Holland (25 percent), Sweden (25 percent) and Canada (24 percent). The United States, despite its high murder rate, was among the middle ranking countries with a 21 percent victimization rate," the London Telegraph said.

England and Wales also led in automobile thefts. More than 2.5 percent of the population had been victimized by car theft, followed by 2.1 percent in Australia and 1.9 percent in France. Again, the U.S. was not listed among the "top 10" nations.

The study found that Australia led in burglary rates, with nearly 4 percent of the population having been victimized by a burglary. Denmark was second with 3.1 percent; the U.S. was listed eighth at about 1.8 percent.
Interestingly, the study found that one of the lowest victimization rates -- just 15 percent overall -- occurred in Northern Ireland, home of the Irish Republican Army and scene of years of terrorist violence.

Analysts in the U.S. were quick to point out that all of the other industrialized nations included in the survey had stringent gun-control laws, but were overall much more violent than the U.S.

Indeed, information on Handgun Control's Center to Prevent Handgun Violence website actually praises Australia and attempts to portray Australia as a much safer country following strict gun-control measures passed by lawmakers in 1996.

"The next time a credulous friend or acquaintance tells you that Australia actually suffered more crime when they got tougher on guns ... offer him a Foster's, and tell him the facts," the CPHV site says.

"In 1998, the rate at which firearms were used in murder, attempted murder, assault, sexual assault and armed robbery went down. In that year, the last for which statistics are available, the number of murders involving a firearm declined to its lowest point in four years," says CPHV.

Australia is second to England in auto theft (2.1 percent).

In March 2000, WorldNetDaily reported that since Australia's widespread gun ban, violent crime had increased in the country.

Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
Assaults are up 8.6 percent.
Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent.
In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent.
In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily.
There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 06:49 PM   #87
spicoli024

My Ride: '06 Jet Black M3 ZCP

2006 e46 /// M3 ZCP

2007 Audi B7 RS4

2013 Mercedes CLS 550S
spicoli024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #88
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyBMW View Post
For tens of thousands of years, it's been the male's responsibility to protect his mate and offspring from predators. For even longer, the survival instinct has driven humans of both genders to fight predators. Yet you seem to either a) be afraid of that responsibility, or b) not want to get your enlightened hands dirty, and so you have decided that SOMEONE ELSE (the police, the state) has the duty and responsibility to protect you and your family from predators.

So who's the pvssy, exactly???
I'm a communist, I pay money so other people could get their hands dirty.
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote