E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 05:38 AM   #21
Tommy_hf

My Ride: '03 ci
My car, the Netherlands:
using the key in the keyhole: anti-clockwise... hold 3 secs, windows roll down. clockwise more than 3 sec, windows close.
Then using remote, "open" button more than 3 sec = windows open, "close"for more than 3 secs, windows close.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:39 AM   #22
scorpio

My Ride: E46 Ci
Quote:
Originally posted by noBenz
No NO NO! Euro spec BMWs having the option to close the windows is a huge MYTH! I say this because I received delivery of my car in germany at a german BMW delaership. Granted I thought the same thing that my US spec couldn't close the windows, I asked the guy there if he could somehow put in the german module. He said that no BMWS can close their windows with the key as it is a safety feature. I said yea in the U.S its a safety concern and he replied no even here in Germany. I then later learned about the TUV and all the other inspections german cars must go through and now I understand why even Euro spec BMW's don't have this option.

Believe me, it is true. It works on my car. The only thing that does not work is closing the rear coupe windows with the remote. The reason is that the rear coupe windows have no sensor to recognize if an object gets stuck between the window and the frame.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 06:19 AM   #23
noBenz

My Ride: 04 325 Ci
Send a message via AIM to noBenz
Dammit!!! Then why did the german dealership guy lie to me? Maybe he doesn't even know about this function...
Old 08-21-2003, 06:58 AM   #24
andy 323i

My Ride: a gas guzzler
Send a message via AIM to andy 323i
The wierd thing is this feature is standard on MB's

Hell the opening windows with the remote is on my pathfinder

andy 323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:30 AM   #25
scorpio

My Ride: E46 Ci
Quote:
Dammit!!! Then why did the german dealership guy lie to me? Maybe he doesn't even know about this function...

I don't know It is possible that this feature does not work on early e46s.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:06 AM   #26
amir55

My Ride: 330ci sport
works on mine too, and as far as i can remember i didn't have to get anything activated.. worked on my last E46 coupe too the current one is a 2001.

As someone said it opens all windows and the sunroof, but doesn't close the back windows due to safety.
amir55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 10:21 AM   #27
Dirtboy
Grüne Hölle Junkie

My Ride: ESS TS2+ 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy
Quote:
because even in germany, most dealers don't know jack about our cars, they are there to just sell them. my dealer in germany sold BMW's, Mini's, and Volvo's, but he drove a MB. ...and i knew more about my BMW and it's options than he did. most of them aren't "Fanatics" like us...