E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

View Poll Results: I got Powerflex urethane bushings and...
The ride is no less comfy than rubber bushings, and no noise 15 29.41%
The ride is rougher and/or they squeak, but I still like them 4 7.84%
The ride is rougher and/or they squeak, and I don't like it 4 7.84%
I don't have Powerflex but want to get them 16 31.37%
I don't have Powerflex and don't want them 12 23.53%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #21
n2Bimmer

My Ride: Loves Corners
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
^^^^^ is that question posed to me? My reservation on the FCAB's is because my front end feels perfect so i am not messing with it!

I just put in the Powerflex RTAB's, no noise as of yet......the only difference I feel with these is that the car tracks unbelievebly better. There is no difference in the comfort of ride quality to me. Actually I feel the car rides better since it seems so "together" now.

Being 43, I had the same fear....I hate noise and harshness. Hands down, I am extremely pleased I made the switch.

Here's my DIY I wrote up:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=678004

Cool. I got Meyle and have about 8k miles, but i might get the front Powerflex. Who know's. The RTAB ill stay will OEM as ive heard alot of people with noise.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #22
ixtoxi

My Ride: 02 330xi, 88 325iX
I've got a barely used pair of 60mm ones if someone wants them. They were not the right ones for my 330 Xi, so they were only on for about one month. PM me if you want them.
ixtoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Freeflow

My Ride: 330zhp ; E30/325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhk2bmw View Post
I installed them about 3-4 weeks ago and love them. Night and day difference over OEM, but I had the sport package to begin with and prefer a tighter/stiffer feel. All but eliminated annoying tramlining effect I was having on the freeways too (thought I had bad set of tires). After my DIY experience, I suspect that a lot of people are not installing them properly. Admittedly, the instructions you get from PFlex are too vague. The lubed bushing actually "snaps" into the carrier for proper fitment, although if you didn't know better, it appears as though it's engineered to just slide in to the carrier since the front side of the carrier has a recessed lip about the same size as the top lip of the bushing. I basically figured this out by accident after removing and re-intalling the greased bushing into the carrier about 10 times trying to figure out why it wouldn't fit. For some reason the tenth time I stepped on it on a padded surface and it magically poped all the way in. You can't pop it in by hand, need to step on it or use a rubber mallet. Hope this helps someone.
Hmmm... I installed mine and I noticed the bushing that slides into the lollypop housing does stick out about 1mm.......... on both sides... even after 10k........ is this ok?

Great handling characteristics... definitely made me feel my zhp sways were not so up to the job
Freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushings, powerflex, urethane