E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #61
Allure
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anywhere in an Hour
Posts: 967
My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
There is a Boston Green one with Modena interior for sale:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1230729
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #62
E55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: far away
Posts: 271
My Ride: 04' S2000
Send a message via AIM to E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinghart View Post
Wait til you see this other green E36 M3. I'll look for it and post when I get home.

LOL am I on people's ignore list or something?

Here was my post on page 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 View Post
There are pics of the green one you are talking about in that for sale thread.
__________________
E55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #63
fordpwns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LA/USC
Posts: 645
My Ride: GR STi
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
yeah i know, but why not just get a newer car and leave it stock...

tuner cars can only go to low class places, if you pull up to neiman marcus valet service in a done up e36 m3 they'd think you are f*cking crazy...

if you pull up to neiman marcus valet in a stock e46 m3 thats in pristine condition, then its legit parking next to AMGs, Maseratis that usually park in front of neimans
wtf? are u serious?
__________________
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief" - Gerry Spence


-Dr. F. Pwns

"bro a real university is a little bit harder than community college. let me know if you get into haas, then you'll see"
fordpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #64
firefirefire90
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: loves FUPA
Posts: 6,762
My Ride: suce ma bite
Send a message via AIM to firefirefire90
Hat green one is a limited edition GTRm3 that only came in BRG for UK models. Either the GTR or Evo M3 I cannot seem to remember. Also if you look closely, the wing is no typical "ltw" wing . Importing a dual vanos S50B32(1999 onrie) and having it installed and brought over is a mere 10k(local shop quote in socal) with a good 321bhp. Better numbers than a supercharger or turbo typically bring and you run into the same smog problems. Say goodbye to e46m3's!

Last edited by firefirefire90; 06-30-2009 at 06:29 PM.
firefirefire90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #65
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefirefire90 View Post
Hat green one is a limited edition GTRm3 that only came in BRG for UK models. Either the GTR or Evo M3 I cannot seem to remember. Also if you look closely, the wing is no typical "ltw" wing . Importing a dual vanos S50B32(1999 onrie) and having it installed and brought over is a mere 10k(local shop quote in socal) with a good 321bhp. Better numbers than a supercharger or turbo typically bring and you run into the same smog problems. Say goodbye to e46m3's!
/sigh...

That is a 1995 only, European M3 GT in British Racing Green. It has the M3 GT wing which is the same as the "LTW" wing less the US mandated 3rd brake light.

It was offered to the UK market (50 RHD) and Euro market ( LHD).

Quote:
The M3 GT Coupe was a limited-edition mainland Europe only edition of which 356 were made, 50 further M3 GT Individuals were made in right-hand drive for the UK market. All built in 1995.

Famous for being British Racing Green with a Mexico Green interior - a peculiar choice when the traditional German national racing colors were white with red numbers.

The BMW M3 GT was a homologation series special built to allow the E36 M3 to compete in the FIA-GT class II, IMSA GT and international longdistance races.

The one I pictured is located in Luxemberg and is LHD, Twin Turbo'd, and lots more.
__________________

Last edited by braymond141; 06-30-2009 at 07:01 PM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 AM   #66
beemerfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,016
My Ride: 05' 545I, 03' 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillanovaGrad View Post
yeah i know, but why not just get a newer car and leave it stock...

tuner cars can only go to low class places, if you pull up to neiman marcus valet service in a done up e36 m3 they'd think you are f*cking crazy...

if you pull up to neiman marcus valet in a stock e46 m3 thats in pristine condition, then its legit parking next to AMGs, Maseratis that usually park in front of neimans
No offense but were you blasted when writing this???
__________________
beemerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #67
beemerfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,016
My Ride: 05' 545I, 03' 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
/sigh...

That is a 1995 only, European M3 GT in British Racing Green. It has the M3 GT wing which is the same as the "LTW" wing less the US mandated 3rd brake light.

It was offered to the UK market (50 RHD) and Euro market ( LHD).




The one I pictured is located in Luxemberg and is LHD, Twin Turbo'd, and lots more.
School me on what turbo kit I should be looking for?

Brand?
Cost?
Power?

AA turbo cars don't make that much power...
__________________
beemerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:26 AM   #68
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfreak View Post
School me on what turbo kit I should be looking for?

Brand?
Cost?
Power?

AA turbo cars don't make that much power...
Technique Tuning (TT) Stage 2 kit get a lot of positive reviews and makes seriously good power (450whp+). There really isn't any other solid turbo solution maker that I know of (yet). Building your own kit with manifold work from 666 fabrications and having NickG tune it will yield much more power.
__________________
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #69
MotorWerkz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Coastal area
Posts: 167
My Ride: very cheap Yugo
Send a message via AIM to MotorWerkz
Active Autowerks don't make too much power but aren't they reliable?
__________________
MotorWerkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #70
SJTrance
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 25
My Ride: Ducati 900SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
Technique Tuning (TT) Stage 2 kit get a lot of positive reviews and makes seriously good power (450whp+). There really isn't any other solid turbo solution maker that I know of (yet). Building your own kit with manifold work from 666 fabrications and having NickG tune it will yield much more power.
Active Autowerke is a good company. They've been doing this for a long time now and they have the equation down. They will give you usable and reliable power. They're not cheap, though. I believe their kits are around $10K. I'm sure that you can piece those things together and have them just do the tuning as well.
SJTrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #71
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJTrance View Post
Active Autowerke is a good company. They've been doing this for a long time now and they have the equation down. They will give you usable and reliable power. They're not cheap, though. I believe their kits are around $10K. I'm sure that you can piece those things together and have them just do the tuning as well.
I don't care. I don't like their kits, or support.
__________________
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:09 PM   #72
xavi330i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,958
My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Look for a 97 blue 4dr e36 m3. You'll be the ****!!!!
__________________
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #73
turbrorx7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glendale (SoCal)
Posts: 46
My Ride: E36M3, R1 RX7
Send a message via AIM to turbrorx7
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfreak View Post
LSB E36

Get some better rims and it will set if off even more....
Those are the best rims -__-
__________________
97 Cosmos M3

93 R1 RX7
Pettit built Engine with Large Streetport
T04R
465hp/390tq
0-60 in 3.6 seconds
turbrorx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #74
beemerfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,016
My Ride: 05' 545I, 03' 325I
I will be purchasing a set of BBS RS wheels if I do buy the M3.....

Evo is being sold on Friday and I need to go test drive the 95 M3 that I found....

They also have an 01' LSB M3 with 143k miles and they are asking $13,900 for it.... Something is fishy about it because the seats look brand new and its got a lot of miles on it...
__________________
beemerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #75
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbrorx7 View Post
Those are the best rims -__-
Correct; for performance with decent looks, they are outstanding rims. They are however not the best looking for the E36, and if I wasn't enjoying the performance aspect so much, i'd be running BBS CSLs (again), or LM's, or CH's.
__________________
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #76
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 4,809
My Ride: W203 dumped on 20's
Send a message via AIM to m3on20z
Just picked mine up last week for $3800.

__________________
m3on20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #77
Allure
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anywhere in an Hour
Posts: 967
My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3on20z View Post
Just picked mine up last week for $3800.

What's wrong with it?
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #78
Racinghart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,897
My Ride: 03 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to Racinghart
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 View Post
LOL am I on people's ignore list or something?

Here was my post on page 2:



There are pics of the green one you are talking about in that for sale thread.
My bad bro. Completly thought you were talking about a different car, I didn't even bother to click the link. This E36 is money.

__________________
- Bruce
Racinghart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #79
braymond141
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oakhurst, Ca
Posts: 1,678
My Ride: 96 M3, 98 M3, 01 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
What's wrong with it?
For starters, it's a 95...
__________________
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #80
m3on20z
Sh!t Happens.
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 4,809
My Ride: W203 dumped on 20's
Send a message via AIM to m3on20z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
What's wrong with it?
It's a '95, it's an auto, and has some rust.

Already have a tranny lined up, and I'll be overhauling the whole suspension soon (or whenever I have extra $$). Basically doing maintenance until the car is driving 100%, then focus on the looks.
__________________
m3on20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use