E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
djdrumn

My Ride: BMW 320Cd Facelift
Send a message via MSN to djdrumn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
Pedro, you're beyond my expertise here... There is a NavSpeak thread on x5world that you should check out. Lots of users of NavSpeak there...

http://www.xoutpost.com/electronics/navigation-system/
Hehe, after publishing this post I figured out how to do it!

I simply extracted one original WAV sound from the BMW firmware and then I open it in a simple WAVE Editor (like Creative WaveStudio for instance) and then I simply open the Portuguese audio file, copy it and paste it into the original file and then save it. And it's done!

Thank you for the nice and fast help anyway.

Best regards,
Pedro Lima
djdrumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #22
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Sweet! Everything's working? BTW are you on an MKIII or MKIV system? Have you upgraded the OS as well?
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #23
e46addicted

My Ride: E46 320CI 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdrumn View Post
Hi pal,

Now I have ANOTHER problem!

I've download the Portuguese voices from TomTom website. I've used Viftool to extract the ".vif" file and so I've got OGG files. I've then converted the OGG files into WAV and then I've "downgraded" the WAV quality to 16000Hz, 16bits and Mono, but even so the program NavSpeak still gives me an error when I try to upload that file.

The error is: "Error loading audio file 'data' chunk not found"

What is this?

How can I substitute the audio files?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Pedro Lima
Hi Pedro

Wifey just e-mailed me the specs of the wav files she created (i'm at office now) :

- Bitrate : 256kbps
- Audio Sample SIze : 16 bits
- Channels : 1 (Mono)
- Audio Sample Rate :16 Khz
- Audio Format : PCM

- '99 323CI Euro Spec - Tit. Silver - K&N CAI - VMR CSL 18s - MTech II Side/Rear - CSL rep fr bumper - CF Door Handles & Trunk Handle - Predator Chromiums 6K - Xenoflo 6K HID - EE LED Tail Lights - OEM Clear Sidemarkers & fronts - UUC RK6BL Shift Knob & E-Brake handle - Autolumination Interior LEDs - UUC Clutch Stop - Parrot CK3K Evo - IV2 - JBL 300W bridged amp - Sony 500W Sub in custom enclosure - OEM 16:9 NAv Retrofit - Rev Camera
e46addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #24
sna77
OEM ///Member

Your wife knows what a wav file is? My wife can barely tell the difference between her Blackberry and an iPod.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #25
djdrumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46addicted View Post
Hi Pedro

Wifey just e-mailed me the specs of the wav files she created (i'm at office now) :

- Bitrate : 256kbps
- Audio Sample SIze : 16 bits
- Channels : 1 (Mono)
- Audio Sample Rate :16 Khz
- Audio Format : PCM
Oh my, you and your wife are very nice!

Thank you a lot.

sna77 mine is a MKIV DVD and have the latest software.

I've figured that if I change the USA language and then change the name files from GB to USA and USA to GB, the system will recognize a new language and will upgrade it!

So I just have to, after the completition of all this (it will take a lot of time) downgrade for instance to v29 and then upgrade to the new version v32 already changed by me, and the system (as I've changed GB to USA and) will recognize a new voice!

Already tested!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #26
e46addicted

Quote:
Your wife knows what a wav file is? My wife can barely tell the difference between her Blackberry and an iPod.
She spent a whole week working alone on the sound files. Before that she gave me a more than helpful hand in the Nav Retrofit, in the Parrot / Connects2 install, and rev cam. She's very confortable with wiring and connectors, especially when she puts her hands on the wiring diagram. Guess i'm lucky, since she is also a dead fanatic of the e46 since i bought my car. This year she sold her Mini Cooper S Special Edition to buy an E46 Sedan, Sport Package + Luxe Package (an Euro option).

- '99 323CI Euro Spec - Tit. Silver - K&N CAI - VMR CSL 18s - MTech II Side/Rear - CSL rep fr bumper - CF Door Handles & Trunk Handle - Predator Chromiums 6K - Xenoflo 6K HID - EE LED Tail Lights - OEM Clear Sidemarkers & fronts - UUC RK6BL Shift Knob & E-Brake handle - Autolumination Interior LEDs - UUC Clutch Stop - Parrot CK3K Evo - IV2 - JBL 300W bridged amp - Sony 500W Sub in custom enclosure - OEM 16:9 NAv Retrofit - Rev Camera
Old 07-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #27
e46addicted

Quote:
Oh my, you and your wife are very nice!

Thank you a lot.

sna77 mine is a MKIV DVD and have the latest software.

I've figured that if I change the USA language and then change the name files from GB to USA and USA to GB, the system will recognize a new language and will upgrade it!

So I just have to, after the completition of all this (it will take a lot of time) downgrade for instance to v29 and then upgrade to the new version v32 already changed by me, and the system (as I've changed GB to USA and) will recognize a new voice!

Already tested!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
You're welcome, my friend.

Could you please explain me in detail how you managed to upload your modified language file without using NavCoder ?

Thank you in advance

Old 07-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #28
djdrumn

Quote:
You're welcome, my friend.

Could you please explain me in detail how you managed to upload your modified language file without using NavCoder ?

Thank you in advance
Sure, so here it goes.

On the old version (v29 for instance) don't change nothing, simply install it and that's done.

On the new and/or moddified version you only have to do, for example, this:

On folder: "V_2/Voices/0502"

rename gb_f.csf to 1gb_f.csf
rename usa_f.csf to gb_f.csf
rename 1gb_f.csf to usa_f.csf

Same proceedure on folders "V_2/language/0103" and "V_2/language/0105"

Then load the ORIGINAL file (ex: a ISO file) into a program like Daemon Tools, UltraISO, PowerISO, etc.

Substitute the folder V_2 for the folder that have the contents you've changed.

Upgrade the Nav on your car and voila!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 AM   #29
e46addicted

Thanks Pedro

It didn't work for me when i tried a while back cause i have an MKIII, and i had to use NavCoder

Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #30
djdrumn

Quote:
Thanks Pedro

It didn't work for me when i tried a while back cause i have an MKIII, and i had to use NavCoder
Hum... so in your case, try also to change the folders:

langMk3
language
LANGUAGES

Old 07-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #31
sna77
OEM ///Member

you two are putting the Americans on this board to shame--ha!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:23 AM   #32
e46addicted

Quote:
Hum... so in your case, try also to change the folders:

langMk3
language
LANGUAGES

Tried that at firzt, didn't work my only option left was NavCoder

Thanks for the info, Pedro.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #33
djdrumn

Quote:
you two are putting the Americans on this board to shame--ha!
Ahaha!

Quote:
Tried that at firzt, didn't work my only option left was NavCoder

Thanks for the info, Pedro.
That's really weird! It worked out for me!

Well, maybe it's something wrong with my explanation or something.

Anyway, if you have NavCoder and you can do what you need with it, then that's perfect.

Tags
audio, change, commands, gps, voice