E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

View Poll Results: Is this a scam or legitimate? My guess is definitely scam.
Yes, obviously. 56 91.80%
Nope, he's legit. 1 1.64%
Tough call. 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
scam, did u have to ask? 9.99999 times out of ten if its too good to be true, it usually is. also the plain fact that he wants to use that third party bs thru ebay is scummy.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #22
cb parts

My Ride: 05' red zhp 330ci
just tell him ul send him a check for 10,000 and for him to cash it and send u back the differance with the car
cb parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #23
DenaliXTC

My Ride: S/C M3, 745i, X5M
Send a message via AIM to DenaliXTC
ask him for the address in bergen county NJ i live minutes away. Ill look at it for you.

Active Autowerkes Gen 7 Stage 2 | Evosport | Vorsteiner | DPE | Supersprint | Rogue Eng.
Brembo 6pot 355/4pot 345 | Dinan 3.91 | HKS | HPF | Custom GTR | Radar Mirror | Leatherz | Beemer Evolution

LSB/Cinn M3 490 RWHP superflow dyno
2011 X5 M White/Blk Vorsteiner
2005 CTS-V 549rwhp/524rwtq all motor
2013 JCW MINI Cooper hardloaded
DenaliXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #24
nickr519

My Ride: ZX-10R, Ram 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaliXTC View Post
ask him for the address in bergen county NJ i live minutes away. Ill look at it for you.
Thanks man! Yeah I did that and told him that I won't deal through ebay, but i will fly down to nj and pay for it in cash if my "relative" (you or any other fanatic willing and close) checks out the car and it looks good. Haven't gotten a response yet, but no doubt he either a) won't respond or b) will make up some bs story as to why he has to deal through ebay and no one can see the car. I will keep the thread updated, but I don't have a doubt in my mind its a complete scam. Ahh craigslist, you never fail to entertain me.
nickr519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #25
prashil
Banned

My Ride: 2000 328ci
OP, you are very lucky to have people who are willing to help you out and take a look at the car for you. Very freakin cool...I got all tingly inside

prashil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #26
kelvin@vortextuning.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashil View Post
OP, you are very lucky to have people who are willing to help you out and take a look at the car for you. Very freakin cool...I got all tingly inside

+1. There are so many great fanatics on this board!

OP, this deal is extremely suspicious. If he's willing to sell at $7500 and the car is legit why wouldn't he just sell it to a local dealership? No dealership will turn down this kind of deal...
kelvin@vortextuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #27
nickr519

Update.

Heres the latest email I received from him, after asking if someone could come look at the car.

Hello,
I would be glad to meet with you but my job is not offering me this chance..Because of my job I am traveling a lot and I can not stay home and expect to meet potential client.That is why I've choose the internet way to sell it.
If we decide to proceed with this transaction,i will have to contact ebay and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away.
I will be needing your full name and address for that.You will receive a notification from ebay shortly after that,with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit the money to an eBay Bank account.They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the car in good condition.
As soon as i will have the confirmation from ebay that the funds have been deposited to their account, i will immediately start the shipping process. The car will be delivered to your address in no more than 5-6 working days.You will be given a 5 days inspection period from the day you receive the car at home. If you decide to hold the car, then you will have to authorize ebay to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed.If you will not be satisfied with the car, you will be able to send the car back through the same shipping company on my expence and your money will be return to you.Though i am sure you will love the car and will not want to return it.The car will be shipped crated by DAS Auto Shippers, this is a door to door delivery service not coast to coast so the car will arrive at your address, you won't have to worry about picking it up from a dock.I will send the car with all the papers and documents(clear title,bills of sale,car's manual).The clear title and the bill of sale will both be signed and they will be shipped together with the car.Also this car will arrive with all the documentations required for registration and 2x keys.If you wish to proceed with the purchase,please provide me your full name and shipping address so I can initiate the deal through ebay right away.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards

This just continues to confuse me. I'm beginning to wonder if this eBay money holding thing he's talking about is actually legitimate. If it is, its almost like why wouldn't I buy it and in worst case scenario just back out like he described? But certainly this isn't the case. Its also worth mentioning that I'm pretty sure the ad is pulled from craigslist.
Old 07-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #28
nickr519

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin@vortextuning.com View Post
+1. There are so many great fanatics on this board!

OP, this deal is extremely suspicious. If he's willing to sell at $7500 and the car is legit why wouldn't he just sell it to a local dealership? No dealership will turn down this kind of deal...
+1 You guys are awesome

And yes, it seems that if he needed to save his wife's life with this 7500 dollars he wouldn't **** around with posting an ad on a distant cl site when that option existed.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #29
digital ink

My Ride: 03 330Ci
it always amazes me how these scammers use english as their second language. the way they type should be a dead give away. i doubt this guy even lives in the us.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #30
calle6289

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
hmm very fishy.. my gut feeling is scam..99.9 % sure it is...but theres always that .1% haha

2003.5 E46
///M3 Vert / Silver Grey/ SMG
Sparrowtek.com
robcalle@sparrowtek.com
calle6289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:18 PM   #31
InLoveWithE46

My Ride: e46 non-M, e36 ///M
Send a message via AIM to InLoveWithE46
Get an address, I'm in Bergen Co, tell him I don't have to meet him just wanna make sure the car is there lol
Old 07-18-2009, 05:51 PM   #32
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Since when does a K&N intake and Dinan software translate into 18whp? That's the biggest load of crap yet.

If you try to buy that $7500 M3, I got a nice 2005 Lambo I'll sell you for $12,500.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #33
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
phishing scam
Old 07-19-2009, 01:23 AM   #34
nickr519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Since when does a K&N intake and Dinan software translate into 18whp? That's the biggest load of crap yet.

If you try to buy that $7500 M3, I got a nice 2005 Lambo I'll sell you for $12,500.
well that sucks because that means that K&N, which i always thought was a reputable company, is lying to anyone who views this page!
http://knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-1003

And oh that sounds good man, no one said I was buying this car either hah. I'm not in the market for a lambo, but thanks anyway for the sarcasm
Old 07-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #35
GreekLSBm3

My Ride: drops panties
Send a message via AIM to GreekLSBm3
how can people not know if this is a scam or not... jesus.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #36
M3_DU

My Ride: '02 M3
The fact he keeps saying he wants to do it over the internet is a dead give away. Oh and his pathetic English lol.
M3_DU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #37
Parchedmosquito

My Ride: Jeep
Definately a scam.

This seller on buysell.com is using the same pictures as your seller...

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...ior_Color.aspx

...About the same price too!

Craigslist, kijiji, littered with these scammers.

I responded to an ad for a 4500 dollar 2003 M3 'vert. The story:
Divorced, selling the car
Out of country (in the UK)
Ebay motors sale.

his email was georgesuton@yahoo.com

I asked for his ebay seller ID, and listing number. He could not provide either. As soon as someone tries to do business with you on eBay, outside of eBay. Forget about it. He was sending me fake ebay pages left and right. All of which had invalid domains (one's that did not correspond with ebay's site).
Parchedmosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #38
nickr519

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_DU View Post
The fact he keeps saying he wants to do it over the internet is a dead give away. Oh and his pathetic English lol.
yeah you'd think scammers would learn by this time to get some legitimate english going so they could convince at least someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchedmosquito View Post
Definately a scam.

This seller on buysell.com is using the same pictures as your seller...

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...ior_Color.aspx

...About the same price too!

Craigslist, kijiji, littered with these scammers.

I responded to an ad for a 4500 dollar 2003 M3 'vert. The story:
Divorced, selling the car
Out of country (in the UK)
Ebay motors sale.

his email was georgesuton@yahoo.com

I asked for his ebay seller ID, and listing number. He could not provide either. As soon as someone tries to do business with you on eBay, outside of eBay. Forget about it. He was sending me fake ebay pages left and right. All of which had invalid domains (one's that did not correspond with ebay's site).
haha wouldn't surprise me if it was the same fool. this guy's name was "Fred Carter" with an email address semi.more@live.com haha
I'm sure he would do the exact same thing to me but I just stopped responding. thread can be closed I guess.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #39
nickr519

great find by the way on those pictures parchedmosquito! thats the nail in the coffin for "Fred" hahaha. Reminds me of Microsoft phone techies mysteriously named "Bob."
Old 07-19-2009, 11:22 PM   #40
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickr519 View Post
well that sucks because that means that K&N, which i always thought was a reputable company, is lying to anyone who views this page!
http://knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-1003

And oh that sounds good man, no one said I was buying this car either hah. I'm not in the market for a lambo, but thanks anyway for the sarcasm
Yea K&N are full of BS

And
Lol. Scam for reall. You can sell a M @ carfax for cash for AT LEAST $15k. Just have someone check it out and drive it and look at all the documents.It's 100% sure a scam through ebay somehow.

He is using English as a second language. He's probably in Nigeria scamming several people.

I would bet $1000 it's a fking scam
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw, craigslist, e46, sale, scam