E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #21
Many330i

My Ride: 330i ZHP Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman View Post
Another alternative is an open-box Stage 1 (if we have one) or someone selling the kit because they decided they wanted to upgrade, killed their car, etc. You have some other options if budget is the issue, but buying drivers off the shelf and hoping they'll sound good, even if you somehow got the specs and they matched, is a bad idea. Little known fact is that there is a strong tendency in the car audio world for people to just make up specifications, so what works on paper doesn't work in the real world most of the time.

Good luck!
Ye-e I know - wonder why I was asking for of-the-shelf drivers others have had success with..!
Many330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #22
Halston@BSW
Sponsor

My Ride: E30 X5 TJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah D. Cranman View Post
Another alternative is an open-box Stage 1 (if we have one) or someone selling the kit because they decided they wanted to upgrade, killed their car, etc. You have some other options if budget is the issue, but buying drivers off the shelf and hoping they'll sound good, even if you somehow got the specs and they matched, is a bad idea. Little known fact is that there is a strong tendency in the car audio world for people to just make up specifications, so what works on paper doesn't work in the real world most of the time.

Good luck!
Unfortunately nothing right now that I have here with me in the open box realm. Scott here on the forum got the last E46 open box

They do randomly pop up though from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1242 View Post
You have two choices: BSW kit or oem replacement speakers. Anything else is a gamble.
I don't know oem speaker parameters (and you will not find them anywhere).
As I said before, if you want to do things right, spend a little extra money and get an amp + speakers (or head unit + speakers).
Thank you for the shameless plug

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Halston@BSW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mtx, pioneer, rear deck, speakers