E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #41
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndoOKC View Post

I have a savage, a dragunov, and a Remington 700 on an Accuracy International Chassis

The savage cost me $1100 to build and shoots close to .5 MOA pretty consistently with the right ammo.
Beautiful collection dude.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 AM   #42
E92M

My Ride: '08 ZCP M3 | '03 R6
^ My god. ,
-Chris
Old 08-01-2009, 07:31 AM   #43
wesCUHz

My Ride: BTLWAGN
yay remingtons! That is a pretty dope collection. I really dig savage. What brand of ammo have u been using? I need to re stock soon so.

I have a remington 870 wingmaster. It was my 2nd gun but one of my favorites.

SonicMS
E46 Info Sticky

hella.srs.bsns
wesCUHz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 AM   #44
Ferm3

My Ride: 2003 Topaz Blue M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB434 View Post
I know .308's, not AK's.

What are you using it for? The gist anyway is if you are not looking into doing long-range shooting (over 400yd whether for sport or whatever) take a look at Savage for price and decent quality, or Sako if you want to spend a bit more. If you want long range accuracy and an excellent weapon system, go for Accuracy International. Get an Arctic Warfare in .308 and you are set for life.
Aw. But if you get that why not get the 338 lapua? For 308 I recommend the PTR 91 series of rifles.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:41 AM   #45
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
PTR or cetme

i have a cetme and love it. i looked at a PTR but unless you get a great deal, you'll be paying twice what i paid for my cetme less than a year ago! SA mia's have a lifetime warranty for anyone, not just the original purchaser. and they're damn good zombie killers; you can get the zombies before they make it over the first fence! although w/o ammo you're pretty well done. it's a little late to get into reloading.
OP never stated his intent for use so i'll assume zombie invasion.
check arfcom for some killer deals-i'm trying to buy everything that isn't going to mexico!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #46
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Amazingly enough I think one of these will be my next gun also...

My dream .308 is on gunbroker right now, but I would have to be crazy to go after it. HK PSG1...less than 400 in the US, semi-auto and supremely accurate, but also prob gonna go for over 15000!

I think I'll probably go with an Accuracy International (haha @ CS) or the M40 the military uses...not sure which one though

With regard to AKs, does anyone know anything about Century as a company? It's a Romanian AK I was looking at but I really know nothing about them. Ohh and I know someone that has a Full-auto AK for sale if anyone is interested, though it's 15000...yikes

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #47
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
i was told that the chinese were the best ak's available. so many of the "newer" are made from kits.
but, i've also heard lots of trash about century arms but my cetme is great. w/cetmes it's a real roll of the dice.
i have chinese & egyptian ak's w/zero problems.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #48
Lexie330ci
ILCUTAWOOTIE

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Lexie330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferm3 View Post
Aw. But if you get that why not get the 338 lapua? For 308 I recommend the PTR 91 series of rifles.
I really love the 338. MY favorite caliper...but its 4 dollars a bullet, and unless your sniping at 1500 yards, theres honestly no reason for it, for most people a 308 or 300 wm will do the job just fine.

Need brakes? Bother Anthony Here!
Lexie330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #49
noBenz

My Ride: 04 325 Ci
Send a message via AIM to noBenz
my 2 cents.

You have a couple cool options for .308/7.62x51

First you can go the .308 + AK route and get a saiga chambered in .308 and have a almost amateur gunsmith to add the proper hand grip and move the trigger assembly forward and weld up any holes. (Very fun gun to shoot)

You can go with any other battle rifle chambered in 7.62x51.
Get a cheap cetme all the way up to top line AR 10s (ar 15 chambered in .308/7.62x51) I own a POF USA P-308 which is a gas piston AR chambered in .308.

I will always recommend a battle rifle over a bolt tactical/hunter rifle. The battle rifle can be used more flexibly for almost any purpose stated. Buy a 5 rnd mag and go hunting with it.

Reload your own rounds and you can get sub moa accuracy and compete in competition. (I've never seen or heard of a semi-auto beating out a bolt action rifle... just a FYI agaist a battle rifle)

The onyl reason I would go against a battle rifle is if accuracy must not be within a circle, but a pinprick... this would not apply to 99.9999999999999% of anyone including professional military and law enforcement. We have made rounds capable enough to where a hit anywhere will take out a target.