E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #21
Allure
Banned

My Ride: Is Slower Than Yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp6mt View Post
American=Guns

No Guns = Un American
So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
Unstable people Can buy them illegally too... The problem is not the guns , but the instable people.
So what we should continue to give guns to them?
Allure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #22
jacques chirac

My Ride: Cheese smellin' feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allure View Post
So?

So what we should continue to give guns to them?
Nope. There should be more controls. Why not a psychiatric check up before buying a gun ?

Smelly Cheese FTMFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfan08 View Post
:lmao: your posts are the best
jacques chirac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #23
Allure
Banned

Quote:
Nope. There should be more controls. Why not a psychiatric check up before buying a gun ?
I trust doctors even less than politicians.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #24
jacques chirac

Quote:
I trust doctors even less than politicians.
Since you're an extreme right wing crazy russian mofo, I wonder who you trust. Even not yourself.

It's not an attack, It's an hardcore kidding for what you said about black people in page 1

Smelly Cheese FTMFW
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #25
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #26
Allure
Banned

Quote:
Since you're an extreme right wing crazy russian mofo, I wonder who you trust. Even not yourself.

It's not an attack, It's an hardcore kidding for what you said about black people in page 1
Communists are on the left.

And about Black people:

http://projects.nytimes.com/crime/ho...p?ref=nyregion

You decide...

Last edited by Allure; 08-07-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
russ330
Mod Squad

My Ride: Motorsport III
Send a message via AIM to russ330
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
^ Good point, I'll move it.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #28
jacques chirac

Quote:
Communists are on the left...
1)Communists love black people.

2) Russia hosts a very important Neo-Fascist communauty

Here is Allure Jirinovski in 30years

Smelly Cheese FTMFW
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #29
Allure
Banned

Quote:
1)Communists love black people.

2) Russia hosts a very important Neo-Fascist communauty

Here is Allure Jirinovski in 30years

Yes

These guys in particular.

Last edited by Allure; 08-07-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #30
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:

Yes

These guys in particular.
these lads look like they would be willing to bust some moves to a Jay-Z song or two
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #31
zhp6mt

My Ride: 03 330i ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post

Who the fuck (in power) is talking about taking your fucking guns away?

I think your tinfoil hat is on too tight.
I've upgraded to Non Stick BTW

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...879667,00.html
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #32
Camicia

My Ride: Automobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman9c View Post

Need examples?

Australia and the UK both have laws 100x stricter than the US and both have higher victim crime ratios. In addition, Australias crime stats have increase dramatically every year since they restricted more and more from owning guns.
It might be on crimes against property but I believe it not to be true for murders, rapes and violent crimes in general (at least for the UK).
Source (don't know how much accurate) http://www.nationmaster.com/cat/cri-crime
Camicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #33
dmon_101

My Ride: has sexy fogs/shoes
Send a message via AIM to dmon_101
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
^ Good point, I'll move it.

this topic should have been locked, "deleted", and OP banned

Dealer Programmable Options | Projector Fogs FTW
There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
dmon_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:00 AM   #34
Coldintake
Registered OG User

My Ride: Mid-engine beast
I'd rather live in a world where arms are scattered amongst the people rather be concentrated on controlled by only the very few/elite at the top.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #35
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camicia View Post
It might be on crimes against property but I believe it not to be true for murders, rapes and violent crimes in general (at least for the UK).
Thought I would share some interesting posts on GunBlast...

Love your site, I'm concerned that Hallie says that Bobbies don't carry guns, this is false, we have armed response units in the UK and armed police in our airports etc, wherever they are needed. Increasingly they are forced to carry anti stab vests as knife crime has soared there, 5 needless deaths a week average. Since hand guns have been banned, gun crime has risen in the UK, they have even had to set up OPERATION TRIDENT to deal with the unusual level of violence from a certain section of our male youth, the only people using hand guns are the criminals, sometimes even better armed than the police. The good news is the majority of the time it is to wipe each other out, but still proof that handgun bans don't work.

Our Olympic team has to travel abroad to train, PC gone mad and yet no reduction in crime, just the punishment of law abiding citizens that the government doesn't trust even if they do win medals. Women may not even have mace, a pen knife or a sharpened comb in their handbag as should they kill their attacker and that would mean they (the woman) had premeditated killing someone.

I had enough and moved to a European country that allows me to keep firearms at home and in the car if not on my person, but only after a years worth of paperwork, medical approval (yearly) and gun club attendance, my neighbours questioned by the police as to if they have any objections, paperwork controls every 3 months, a limit of 7 central fire handguns/semi autos/ex military calibre bolt actions inclusive submitted for authorisation again every 3 years with the police (a 6 month process).

This country has less gun deaths than the UK for an equal population, Criminals here don't buy guns legally, they don't do paperwork, intruders KNOW that there is at least a shotgun under the bed of the vast majority of homes, we have the legal right to shoot them within our house if they are carrying a gun and refuse to leave, we may not shoot someone in the back, fair enough, we may not shoot someone with a knife, but then would he hang around faced with a 12 gauge or a 300 win mag? Shooting someone means sitting in jail until proven innocent and probably banned from having guns thereafter, but importantly still alive.

Even if my new government was to go English on us, hunting rifles will never be banned, and we will at least sleep at night knowing that we have the right to protect our own lives, something that has been stolen from the English because the human rights of the aggressor must be guarded and that keeping that first world war bayonet or a kitchen knife next to the bed means that you are just waiting to murder the first innocent burglar/rapist in the course of his work.

Jesus loves life, the martyrs and He gave their lives for our sins but I would rather ask Him forgiveness for defending mine and my neighbours and winning.

Keep fighting for your rights, they are quashed only too easily.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jeff, I wanted to mention that when I read your comments page I was a bit ashamed at the other Australian who raised the pro gun control issue - so I thought I should contribute to your outstanding website.

As a Australian who lived in the USA for 2 great years I came from a background filled with media rubbish about the USA. Hard line stuff - with the only information available to me being shootings and mass murderings and right to carry issues - which if you believed the hype - meant that every American citizen was a gun carrying nutbag who would shoot you for any reason. (hence your other writers views)

Nothing could have prepared me for what I found in the America - a nation of freedom loving people who were amazingly generous and intelligent - who didn't understand the word "No". The USA is the last place in the world with true freedom who people appreciate personal responsibility for their actions.

I never felt safer in any other country than I did in America, I have experienced far more crime and antagonist behaviour in Australia then at any time in the USA. And its because you have more respect for each other as a result of being one of the only places in the world where freedoms are a part of your rock solid law.

The other "Australian" who mentioned school shootings and violence forgets the fact that so much world wide attention was given and that a school is one of the last places in America where a mentally sick person can be assured of meeting no armed resistance - which is why they do not attack peoples homes or police stations - because their run for glory will be cut very short.

----------------------------------------------

I thought those were interesting comments from non-Americans.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 08-08-2009 at 08:24 AM.
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #36
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camicia View Post
Britain, Australia top U.S. in violent crime

Rates Down Under increase despite strict gun-control measures

Law enforcement and anti-crime activists regularly claim that the United States tops the charts in most crime-rate categories, but a new international study says that America's former master -- Great Britain -- has much higher levels of crime. The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations.

Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.

Jack Straw, the British home secretary, admitted that "levels of victimization are higher than in most comparable countries for most categories of crime."

Highlights of the study indicated that:

The percentage of the population that suffered "contact crime" in England and Wales was 3.6 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in the United States and 0.4 percent in Japan.

Burglary rates in England and Wales were also among the highest recorded. Australia (3.9 percent) and Denmark (3.1 per cent) had higher rates of burglary with entry than England and Wales (2.8 percent). In the U.S., the rate was 2.6 percent, according to 1995 figures;

"After Australia and England and Wales, the highest prevalence of crime was in Holland (25 percent), Sweden (25 percent) and Canada (24 percent). The United States, despite its high murder rate, was among the middle ranking countries with a 21 percent victimization rate," the London Telegraph said.

England and Wales also led in automobile thefts. More than 2.5 percent of the population had been victimized by car theft, followed by 2.1 percent in Australia and 1.9 percent in France. Again, the U.S. was not listed among the "top 10" nations.

The study found that Australia led in burglary rates, with nearly 4 percent of the population having been victimized by a burglary. Denmark was second with 3.1 percent; the U.S. was listed eighth at about 1.8 percent.
Interestingly, the study found that one of the lowest victimization rates -- just 15 percent overall -- occurred in Northern Ireland, home of the Irish Republican Army and scene of years of terrorist violence.

Analysts in the U.S. were quick to point out that all of the other industrialized nations included in the survey had stringent gun-control laws, but were overall much more violent than the U.S.

Indeed, information on Handgun Control's Center to Prevent Handgun Violence website actually praises Australia and attempts to portray Australia as a much safer country following strict gun-control measures passed by lawmakers in 1996.

"The next time a credulous friend or acquaintance tells you that Australia actually suffered more crime when they got tougher on guns ... offer him a Foster's, and tell him the facts," the CPHV site says.

"In 1998, the rate at which firearms were used in murder, attempted murder, assault, sexual assault and armed robbery went down. In that year, the last for which statistics are available, the number of murders involving a firearm declined to its lowest point in four years," says CPHV.

Australia is second to England in auto theft (2.1 percent).

In March 2000, WorldNetDaily reported that since Australia's widespread gun ban, violent crime had increased in the country.

Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
Assaults are up 8.6 percent.
Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent.
In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent.
In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily.
There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #37
TitanSilber ZHP

My Ride: 08 E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to TitanSilber ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to TitanSilber ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elefant View Post
you didnt answer my question, actually none of you did. just afraid of the truth i guess?
Quote:

Law enforcement and anti-crime activists regularly claim that the United States tops the charts in most crime-rate categories, but a new international study says that America's former master -- Great Britain -- has much higher levels of crime. The International Crime Victims Survey, conducted by Leiden University in Holland, found that England and Wales ranked second overall in violent crime among industrialized nations.

Twenty-six percent of English citizens -- roughly one-quarter of the population -- have been victimized by violent crime. Australia led the list with more than 30 percent of its population victimized. The United States didn't even make the "top 10" list of industrialized nations whose citizens were victimized by crime.

Jack Straw, the British home secretary, admitted that "levels of victimization are higher than in most comparable countries for most categories of crime."

The percentage of the population that suffered "contact crime" in England and Wales was 3.6 percent, compared with 1.9 percent in the United States and 0.4 percent in Japan.

Burglary rates in England and Wales were also among the highest recorded. Australia (3.9 percent) and Denmark (3.1 per cent) had higher rates of burglary with entry than England and Wales (2.8 percent). In the U.S., the rate was 2.6 percent, according to 1995 figures;

"After Australia and England and Wales, the highest prevalence of crime was in Holland (25 percent), Sweden (25 percent) and Canada (24 percent). The United States, despite its high murder rate, was among the middle ranking countries with a 21 percent victimization rate," the London Telegraph said.

England and Wales also led in automobile thefts. More than 2.5 percent of the population had been victimized by car theft, followed by 2.1 percent in Australia and 1.9 percent in France. Again, the U.S. was not listed among the "top 10" nations.

The study found that Australia led in burglary rates, with nearly 4 percent of the population having been victimized by a burglary. Denmark was second with 3.1 percent; the U.S. was listed eighth at about 1.8 percent.
Interestingly, the study found that one of the lowest victimization rates -- just 15 percent overall -- occurred in Northern Ireland, home of the Irish Republican Army and scene of years of terrorist violence.

Analysts in the U.S. were quick to point out that all of the other industrialized nations included in the survey had stringent gun-control laws, but were overall much more violent than the U.S.

Indeed, information on Handgun Control's Center to Prevent Handgun Violence website actually praises Australia and attempts to portray Australia as a much safer country following strict gun-control measures passed by lawmakers in 1996.

"The next time a credulous friend or acquaintance tells you that Australia actually suffered more crime when they got tougher on guns ... offer him a Foster's, and tell him the facts," the CPHV site says.

"In 1998, the rate at which firearms were used in murder, attempted murder, assault, sexual assault and armed robbery went down. In that year, the last for which statistics are available, the number of murders involving a firearm declined to its lowest point in four years," says CPHV.

In March 2000, WorldNetDaily reported that since Australia's widespread gun ban, violent crime had increased in the country.

In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily.
There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.
I think that just about does it for this thread...

FS: Camera Mount:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=694858
TitanSilber ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
daddys///m

My Ride: 2008 8P A3 6MT
Quote:
you didnt answer my question, actually none of you did. just afraid of the truth i guess?
Your question is based on a false premise and the mis-interpretation of the data you provided. Perhaps you are including property crime into your interpretation of the data on the pdf you provided, but from what I can see places like Detroit, Baltimore, DC, Oakland, LA, New Orleans, Newark, and Buffalo seem to lead the list with regard to violent crime. Although I don't have too much specific knowledge on the firearms laws in Michigan or Louisiana, I do know for a fact that California, New Jersey, New York, and particularly Washington DC have the most strict firearms laws in the nation. Take a look at Mexico as well. Very Draconian firearms laws and yet the gun violence there is out of control (and please don't try to regurgitate that 90% of the cartel's weapons come from American dealers, it has already been debunked quite thoroughly and anyone with any common sense can see through that lie).

Of course you could just use math and science to prove how your theorum is correct, but I believe that the link below will show you, using said scientific process, that your theorum simply cannot be correct.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=8897

Last edited by daddys///m; 08-09-2009 at 06:20 PM.
daddys///m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #39
fizzz

My Ride: 08///m
Quote:

you know it and i know it and anyone with half a brain knows it but for some reason people in power cant understand that by taking away the only thing criminals are afraid of gives them free reign -- its been proven time and time again
fizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #40
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
If you haven't lived in America your whole life and don't understand that we are a nation of freedoms and that guns are tied into our freedom, you'll never be able to truly grasp any of the concepts of our desire to retain our guns. We're the ONLY country in the world that has a constitution that includes a provision for gun ownership. It's designed to be that way to ensure that all of our other liberties may be safeguarded and defended. It's who we are.

Quote:
This is basically pertinent to your baseless inquisition that was started with a loaded question. And FYI-you NEVER start a conversation with loaded questions. It's obvious what you wanted, and you're upset because you didn't get it.

Did you ever see when Rosie "super-Crisco" O'Donnell had Tom Selleck on her talk show way back when? She started spouting all this stuff about how guns were killing children and how he could condone that. Tom Selleck basically looked like a hero and made Rosie look like the giant fat loudmouthed idiot that she was/is.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 08-08-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote