E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Playtime with X6 Hybrid

So I was driving home from work and I spotted a red X6...no bigs. When I got closer, I noticed that the badges were covered in a black tape...all around the car. I thought, "humm thats odd."

Before we really started driving hard, I did see that it had a pretty sizable hood bulge- and for a few seconds thought it might be an X6M. Needless to say, it wasn't, but it certainly wasn't a normal X6.

Then the X6 started really pushing it- and we were on a twisty road. I disengaged my traction control and proceeded to play follow the leader. I failed miserably. The thing was soo f'ing fast. He out-cornered me, clearly out-accelerated me, and generally put me to shame.

At the next light I pulled up to him and noticed a small "Hybrid" sticker on the side. I rolled down my window and talked to the guy driving. Apparently it was a Test vehicle from South Carolina (but the plate said North Carolina!?!). It was for sure a 400hp X6 Hybrid. (Another odd thing is that this was in Cincinnati OH- I know of no BMW facilities here). The guy had a HUGE smile on his face. I wish I could have chatted with him more- but when the light turned green he really stepped on it (great soundtrack), and I never caught up again!!

Very fast, super sexy, and now I have A LOT more respect for them after running with him through the twisties. Shame I didn't have my camera

What do you guys think of the new X6 Hybrids? Twin Turbo V8 and decent MPG...

323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR/ CF ACS Mirrors/ M3 Steering Wheel + ZHP Shift Knob

Last edited by TiAgTouring; 08-25-2009 at 09:45 PM.
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
nightdagger

My Ride: 2004 TiAg 325Ci 5MT
More torque than the X6M.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
love the rear
Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #4
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
dang, hard to believe it's that fast AND a hybrid.

in other news, just got my new car and driver yesterday and they tested the new X6 M. Said that if you put it up against the porsche cayenne turbo which as far as i knew was the god of SUV speed, it would actually beat it to 60 by 0.1 sec. Making the X6 M the fastest SUV they have ever tested, ever. Not to mention it pulls .92 G on the skidpad, even more than the M3, M5 or M6!!!!!! HOW the F does that happen?
Old 08-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
active hybrid ftw, 1.6 miles on battery only
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
W///

My Ride: E30, E46, E92 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
dang, hard to believe it's that fast AND a hybrid.

in other news, just got my new car and driver yesterday and they tested the new X6 M. Said that if you put it up against the porsche cayenne turbo which as far as i knew was the god of SUV speed, it would actually beat it to 60 by 0.1 sec. Making the X6 M the fastest SUV they have ever tested, ever. Not to mention it pulls .92 G on the skidpad, even more than the M3, M5 or M6!!!!!! HOW the F does that happen?
Turbos and AWD
W/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
It is apparently the fastest Hybrid production vehicle ever made. Its faster than a normal X6 Xdrive50i.

Until yesterday, I didn't think much of them. Now I think the world of them. Still, Id rather see a new CSL

323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR/ CF ACS Mirrors/ M3 Steering Wheel + ZHP Shift Knob
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote