E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW News from around the Web

BMW News from around the Web
Submit the latest BMW news from around the world for other E46Fanatics members to check out.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 200 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #281
YAN-3

My Ride: '88 M3 & '05 325i
awesome just got the letter as well not too long ago. called the local dealership and scheduled an inspection as well. next saturday will know whats up.

on a side note, I asked about an oilchange just to see how much it would cost, knowing it woulnd be the $20-$40 that the mom and pop places charge.... I almost when the guy said $146. for an oil change!!!!! GTFO, ill do it myself like I have done for years on my e30s.
YAN-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:42 AM   #282
timothyfuqua

My Ride: 03 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFRFitness View Post
Um... I do believe to do a complete inspection they have to remove the sub-frame they had my car for a whole day.
My inspection took about an hour. If what you're saying is true, should I be suspicious?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:36 AM   #283
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
please reply asap

Does this apply to canada. I must know

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #284
kuruca

My Ride: bimmerzz
I went to the inspection abouth 2 months ago, They dropped the subframe but sid everything is OK. I drop my car to my cousin for oil change
he called me and told me that there is a crck aouth 2 inches. I called the dealership and got an appointment for monday. I'll update next week
kuruca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #285
dl1085

My Ride: 00 323ci
i notced two 1/3 inch cracks in my driver side wheel well should i be concerned?

e46
flickr
i love lamp.
dl1085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #286
easyIsle

My Ride: 02 330i
dl1085 .... so you are entitled to a free inspection, yet you are asking civilians over the internet if your car is in trouble? ???

For the cananda poster .. if you didnt get the letter I dont think your going to be included in the settlement. But if you really need to know, only a lawyer can tell you for sure.

the website for the settlement has been posted in this thread.. check that out
easyIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 AM   #287
Chilton

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325 CiC
Wheel Rejections ?

I understand that you can be excluded from the repairs if you don't have the correct wheels / tires installed. I use the original tires, but my wheels are 1/2" wider with a smaller offset than the originals. My question is, has anyone been rejected for a similar wheel change? Thanks in advance for your comments.
Chilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #288
WFRFitness

My Ride: 2000 328CI E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyfuqua View Post
My inspection took about an hour. If what you're saying is true, should I be suspicious?
If you have another dealer close It wouldn't hurt, or just get under there and check it yourself. You can either look under the carpet in the trunk on driver's side or jack up the rear and check the body where the sub-frame mounts to it. When I checked mine I saw one crack in the body but when the inspection was done at the dealer they told me I had numerous cracks the longest of which was 20mm.
WFRFitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #289
golforcars325i

My Ride: 325i
This settlement was/is pure garbage! If the subframe is 'known' to be defective, BMWNA should have been responsible for:
1) Reimbursing owners for ALL sub-frame repair costs previously incurred by the owner at the time
2) Repairing ALL sub-frames that are presently damaged and providing reinforcement to prevent recurrence
3) Providing reinforcement to ALL sub-frames yet to be damaged

For those of us with no existing damage, what is our recourse for damage that occurs after 2010? THERE ISN'T ANY!!!!! BY the time I found out about the class action, the date for dropping out of the class had already passed (7/15/09). While BMWNA may protest, they are privately breathing a sigh of relief for having dodged a bullet!
golforcars325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #290
jetskier88

My Ride: 330i ZHP S/C TS2+
Send a message via AIM to jetskier88
does anyone know when we will start getting notifications about reimbursements?
ESS TS2+ - OEM M3 LSD rear end swap - Meth Injection - Recaros PP - Defi Guages - Dinan TB - Headers&M3 Custom Quad Exhaust - UUC LTW Flywhl - UUC SegKev Clutch - Rogue SSK - KW V2 Coils - H&R Sways - TMS Subfrme&Sway Reinfrcmnt - VMR V710 & M PS2's - Brembo X Rotors - USC plate ;-) - and more....

BMW Modding DONE
jetskier88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:17 PM   #291
RichReg

My Ride: '00 323Ci & '06 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
I understand that you can be excluded from the repairs if you don't have the correct wheels / tires installed. I use the original tires, but my wheels are 1/2" wider with a smaller offset than the originals. My question is, has anyone been rejected for a similar wheel change? Thanks in advance for your comments.
I doubt that that will matter. Was the car modified in any way to fit the wheels?
If not you should be fine. Aren't Sport Package Wheels at least a half inch wider than the standard
wheels? This is not something that would drastically alter the load on your subframe.
RichReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #292
Starless

My Ride: 02' 325i
Need letter?

Does anybody know if you need to have the letter to be elegible for inspection?
Thanks!
Starless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #293
YAN-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
Does anybody know if you need to have the letter to be elegible for inspection?
Thanks!
I just called and scheduled an inspection. so far they didnt even mention anything about the letter.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #294
Starless

My Ride: 02' 325i
Called 3 dealerships today. All said they would do free inspection and free repair if needed. All 3 do the visual inspection, they do not drop the subframe. I'm postponing doing it for now since I did the visual inspection myself and all looks good. My only consern with the visual inspection is that there is a good amount of grime around the subframe mount points on the body of the car. I would assume you need to at least sand the area really good or something to see minor cracks in the metal otherwise it looks good and definetelly not ripping out of the floor like shown in the video in one of the previous posts.
Good luck!
Starless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #295
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i
I'm pretty pissed off.

I need the repair. dreyer and reinbold in Indy have contacted their collision shop to perform the repair. they say their collision shop could take anywhere from a week to a month, they don't know. meanwhile, they don't want to provide me a loaner since I didn't purchase the car from them (bought it on eBay).

I called BMWNA, and they talked to the service manager there, and they still won't do anything for me. how am I supposed to get transportation for "a week to a month" if I don't have my one and only vehicle?

the BMWNA lady even said that they probably don't want to give me a loaner because "they need loaners to give to people who have purchased their cars and done all their service at their dealership". So I said to her "I plan on buying a new vehicle in a few months. the result of this situation and how I am treated as a customer will determine whether or not I purchase another BMW. so you mean BMW NA won't do anything else in this matter to ensure that I remain a BMW customer?"

"unfortunately, no... blah blah blah"

just got $130,000 in inheritance money... I guess BMW doesn't want any part of that.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #296
PeterGunz50

My Ride: In my garage
I just picked up my vehicle from the dealer after the sub-frame repair. The vehicle is back at the dealership. I went to gas it up, and there was gasoline leaking out from my tank under the car. I don't know the extent they went to fix my vehicle. But no one informed me there was a gas leak when they were working right next to it. The vehicle is back at the dealership waiting for them in the morning. So I will be there first thing in the morning to start asking questions. I am also contacting aa lawyer!
PeterGunz50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #297
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGunz50 View Post
I just picked up my vehicle from the dealer after the sub-frame repair. The vehicle is back at the dealership. I went to gas it up, and there was gasoline leaking out from my tank under the car. I don't know the extent they went to fix my vehicle. But no one informed me there was a gas leak when they were working right next to it. The vehicle is back at the dealership waiting for them in the morning. So I will be there first thing in the morning to start asking questions. I am also contacting aa lawyer!
any update on this situation?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #298
YAN-3

Is anyone experiencing or has experienced alignment issues do to this?
Old 09-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #299
Jelly335

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330I
Send a message via AIM to Jelly335
i took my car in a few weeks ago. i knew my subframe was damage. they did the inspection and kept it that day. it took them about 2 and a half weeks to fix it. they covered it 100% but didnt get a loaner

E46 330i retired
E92 335 current
<3 my one wheel wonder
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2269710/1
-Jeremy
Jelly335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #300
bmwsmurf

My Ride: 330ci
I hate to say this but..
expecting a loaner is way too much IMO. The fact that they're covering this is good enough.. but the bigger problem is what happens after 2010. (esp for E46s like mine that don't get driven much)