E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 02:55 AM   #1
DHNT2005

My Ride: is a money pit.
cf vinyl wrapped mtech diffuser?

I was just thinking while I was in the pooper.... anyone ever think about cf vinyl wrap their mtech plastic diffuser???
DHNT2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Thats kinda douchebaggy isn't it?

I mean, a CF diffuser would equal sex but starting to put fake CF on the diffuser of your car is getting into Honda territory. I don't think there is CF vinyl either, its just a wrap. I'd like to see glue that would keep it flawlessly on for a reasonable time in the weather and at high speeds (more than a year)
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
da5mikeY

My Ride: 330xi
yeah that's real absurd, please don't do that that's extremely gay...what color is your car, I'm assuming white or silver
da5mikeY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
i'm not a fan of the cf vinyl that people are using. just doesn't have the 3D depth, gloss or look of the real thing. but if people are fake cf vinyling their roofs i don't see this as being any less inappropriate. so to make fun of this and not the other things like roof and interior trim seems odd. if i had to do this, i might be worried about the heat causing an issue by the exhaust.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #5
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
dont be cheap, they sell a CF diffusor as an OEM part at the dealerships

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #6
Acarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
i'm not a fan of the cf vinyl that people are using. just doesn't have the 3D depth, gloss or look of the real thing. but if people are fake cf vinyling their roofs i don't see this as being any less inappropriate. so to make fun of this and not the other things like roof and interior trim seems odd. if i had to do this, i might be worried about the heat causing an issue by the exhaust.
Who has a fake CF roof?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
go real or go to honda
Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 PM   #8
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acarder View Post
Who has a fake CF roof?
there were two threads this week on them. it had someone's contact info who would do it for you at a cost. both threads are deleted now so maybe the mods had a complaint from a sponsor and had them pulled.
http://webmail.roadrunner.com/do/red...to%253Dnewpost

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 09-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
Acarder

Quote:
there were two threads this week on them. it had someone's contact info who would do it for you at a cost. both threads are deleted now so maybe the mods had a complaint from a sponsor and had them pulled.
A fake CF roof is just as bad as a fake CF diffuser.. I guess I have double standards on the interior trim though, don't ask me why lol.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
OEM CF Mtech diffuser? part number?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #11
Alex323Ci

Quote:
$821
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
OEM CF Mtech diffuser? part number?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=51&fg=95&hl=5
Old 09-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
thanks

think if I get one, I'll probably just get an a/m one for a quarter of the cost.

but good to know!
Old 09-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #13
DHNT2005

My Ride: is a money pit.
Quote:
for 800 I would rather buy the acs rear diffuser, like yours it was really just a thought and I do agree with you about the heat from the exhaust potentially becoming an issue. So if cf vinyl isn't accepted then maybe some gloss black? but then again, the "why not just paint it" argument comes up.
DHNT2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #14
Alex323Ci

thanks yeah the ACS is expensive, but unique.
i would not spend $800+ for that CF part myself. the CF vinyl that people have been using is a matte finish and that's not often the visual look people want for CF accessories. i still don't think it's as terrible an idea as i said two threads last week had all kinds of praise for the roofs. as there is another thread for the roof within the year.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #15
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i ZHP View Post
go real or go to honda
lol wow

Sold but missed: 323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR

Current: Eurospec imported 2003 330XI 6MT
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #16
urban

My Ride: 330ci TS1
they sell a CF diffuser on ebay for like $200 shipped. of course it's ebay so you never know, but I'd be willing to bet that it's better than vinyl.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 PM   #17
Racinghart

My Ride: 03 330i ZHP
Send a message via AIM to Racinghart
Get the real thing.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:34 PM   #18
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
youre going to vinyl wrap a part of your car that has one side sitting very close to and is exposed to hot exhaust tips/muffler and exhaust gasses?

that + the fact that its vinyl = discoloration and fading very quickly, at which time you will either live with the ugly discolored vinyl or you will have to go through the hassle of scraping it off (it will be melted onto your difusor) and re-wrapping it

OEM IS expensive, no denying that, if you can afford it and want it bad enough, its a beautiful piece, the OEM weave is BAR NONE, but if its too expensive for your fancy, check this out

OP, you owe me

http://www.euro-spec.net/store/produ...25de4627f362e1

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #19
Acarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgTouring View Post
lol wow
he is correct
Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #20
Alex323Ci

Quote:
owes you you're the one who told him to not be cheap and spend $800+ on oem. others told him to go aftermarket(a/m) and ebay.

Tags
carbon, diffuser, mtech, vinyl