E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
CarbonBlk///M

My Ride: '11 335is cabrio
Weekend Cleanup. 2009 335d Jet Black!!

Just a routine wash/dry/vac. Thought i would post up a few pictures. Comments always welcome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Reflection in trunk lid.

Photobucket

An inch worm, inching across my roof!

Photobucket

....and of course vac tracks!!

Photobucket

Thanks for looking

Last edited by CarbonBlk///M; 09-12-2009 at 06:27 PM.
CarbonBlk///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
330i ZHP

My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
clean
Old 09-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
looks great. your the type of first owner all used car buyers hope for...
jwm5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Hogan773

My Ride: 2002 325xi
nice.....how you liking the "D" -- lots of torque???
Hogan773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #5
invictus

My Ride: M3, 749R, SV650
I wish these came in something other than auto :-!

CCW. Dunlop. Ground Control. StopTech. Hawk. Vorschlag. Rogue Engineering. Recaro. TCDesign. RaceTech. VAC. Motul. Vorsteiner.
Find me on track: 10/19-21 Sonoma Speedway // 11/10-11 Thunderhill
The story so far...

Fund my track car:

PM me about my: stock diffuser, stock trunk
WTB 1x Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec 265/35/18 (used is okay)
invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Cosmin
Account Under Review

My Ride: R1
keep the worm for extra HP.
nice car , keep it that way
Cosmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
THATS FRESH

My Ride: SSHNIPER
Send a message via AIM to THATS FRESH Send a message via Skype™ to THATS FRESH
if you ever sell it, the second owner will be very appreciative that you took care of the car.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
CarbonBlk///M

Hogan773 - The torque is awesome, the car really pulls hard all the way from a stand still. So far ive had the car into some triple digit speeds, and it never feels like its running out of power.

invictus - I also was sceptical about the auto only.. However the car has so much torque on tap, it honestly doesnt need a manual. A slight power brake from a stop provides a very nice launch, however if you press the gas too much its enough to lite the rear tires up. This car ROCKS in the rain! haha

John&Glenn - Its a leased car, so there will def. be a second owner... gonna get my M3 next =oD
Old 09-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
EXNoodle

My Ride: 330CI
Send a message via AIM to EXNoodle
Wow,,, and no one noticed your plates... Love the car... love the plates even more... Nice job man, black is the best looking color when clean, hands down.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Nice

But i thougth the 2009 335i came with DCT

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #11
Agarde

My Ride: 330ci
beautiful car. i didnt know they had e9x diesel in united states..

i know that those diesels are much better when it comes to pulling, however how do you like the sound of diesel engine comparing the gasoline? i never like the sound of diesel engines, even at my friends 320d. since sound is number #1 reason for me choosing an e46, i wanted have your opinion about it.. should i consider test driving a new diesel?
Agarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
mhagley323

My Ride: 330i
the inside of mine would look like that if i didnt have idiots that ride with me that dont give two sh!ts about the car.

03' 330i
Mods
|M Tech II|P46| Orion V2|Painted Rear Diffuser and Moldings|Clears|Painted Grills|Koni FSD|Eibach|M6|WeissLicht LED|

09' ///M5
Mods
|BMW Performance Gloss Grills, Gills and Reflectors|SuperSprint|RPI|WeissLicht LED|
mhagley323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:13 AM   #13
CarbonBlk///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky View Post
Nice

But i thougth the 2009 335i came with DCT
It has a button for the DTC right under the flashers, to the right of the door locks, its the 335d, not i, its the diesel version
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #14
CarbonBlk///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarde View Post
beautiful car. i didnt know they had e9x diesel in united states..

i know that those diesels are much better when it comes to pulling, however how do you like the sound of diesel engine comparing the gasoline? i never like the sound of diesel engines, even at my friends 320d. since sound is number #1 reason for me choosing an e46, i wanted have your opinion about it.. should i consider test driving a new diesel?
Thanks Agarde, I believe this is the first year for the clean diesel in the US. Its actually very good, the idle sound is very quiet, as you would expect a bmw to be, maybe just slightly louder than the gas engine. Below 1800-2000 revs there is a very slight diesel tick, but its so mild even with the windows down its hard to hear. And being that this is the new "clean" diesel, there is no diesel smoke or soot, NO exhaust smell.. at all. And speaking of exhaust, there is no exhaust note either, its just quiet... the only sound upon acceleration is really the (hard to describe) sound of torque and power flinging you forward lol

However, the absolute best part of this car, aside from 0-60 in just under 6 secs, is the fact that i can beat on it drive it like an "enthusiast" and still get between 33 and 36 mpg.

Bmw claims 36 mpg interstate, but with the cruise set at 70, the fuel econ says im getting on average 45mpg, and that number doesnt waiver up or down either. Its actually pretty odd... in a good way tho.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
CarbonBlk///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXNoodle View Post
Wow,,, and no one noticed your plates... Love the car... love the plates even more... Nice job man, black is the best looking color when clean, hands down.
Hahaha. thanks man, the plates were actually on my last car... but i liked them so much, i transfered them over to this one...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=684171
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
Hogan773

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonBlk///M View Post
Thanks Agarde, I believe this is the first year for the clean diesel in the US. Its actually very good, the idle sound is very quiet, as you would expect a bmw to be, maybe just slightly louder than the gas engine. Below 1800-2000 revs there is a very slight diesel tick, but its so mild even with the windows down its hard to hear. And being that this is the new "clean" diesel, there is no diesel smoke or soot, NO exhaust smell.. at all. And speaking of exhaust, there is no exhaust note either, its just quiet... the only sound upon acceleration is really the (hard to describe) sound of torque and power flinging you forward lol

However, the absolute best part of this car, aside from 0-60 in just under 6 secs, is the fact that i can beat on it drive it like an "enthusiast" and still get between 33 and 36 mpg.

Bmw claims 36 mpg interstate, but with the cruise set at 70, the fuel econ says im getting on average 45mpg, and that number doesnt waiver up or down either. Its actually pretty odd... in a good way tho.

I think the other poster LIKES some exhaust sound - we BMW owners like that guttoral growl that the exhaust makes.....
Hogan773 is offline   Reply With Quote