E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Old 09-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #221
E46_Project

My Ride: '02 325Ci
wow FML
E46_Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #222
ThaHooch

My Ride: e46
FUUUUUUCK....YOU SUCK!

Bring on Shanahan or Cowher. Zorn should have read his Coaching 101 book before the game...4th and goal in the first half... kick the focking field goal...this isn't Madden! Suisham should have been kicking the game winner from the 30 instead of running the hook and focking ladder...fock!

Mods: please change the title to "Redskins Apparel Giveaway" thanks!

Hope Acurat3 won a lot of money...

** Political sig removed **
ThaHooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:54 PM   #223
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Loss to the winless (until today) Lions... that's gotta kick the ol' Redskins pride right in the jimmy.

Never again shall I hear another utterance or snicker from a Skins fan regarding my cheering for the Cowboys.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:06 PM   #224
ThaHooch

^Redskins suck.....but, you're still gay for liking the cowboys

Old 09-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #225
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaHooch View Post
^Redskins suck.....but, you're still gay for liking the cowboys
Shhhh, Your Skins were OWNED by the lowest of the lowly.

Say it with me: Lions - 19, Redskins - 14

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #226
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: 2013 VW GLI
Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #227
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
FUUUUUUCK....YOU SUCK!

Bring on Shanahan or Cowher. Zorn should have read his Coaching 101 book before the game...4th and goal in the first half... kick the focking field goal...this isn't Madden! Suisham should have been kicking the game winner from the 30 instead of running the hook and focking ladder...fock!
Exactly. And IF you're going to run it on 4th & goal @ the 1, don't run a gdamn strech play! Up the f'ing gut outta the power-i. Jesus, I'd even be ok with a quick handoff to Sellers out of the power-i.

This season:

Worst team in the league...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #228
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Hate to tell ya this, but you're actually going to lose your money
Actually I made a sh!tload.

I don't hate the Redskins, I just think they are probably the worst team the Lions were going to play and they had an awesome chance of winning.

Apparently I wasn't the only one though:

"Oddsmakers from online sports book BetOnline have made the Redskins –6.5 point spread favorites (View NFL odds) for Sunday’s game (Game Matchup). Current public betting information shows that 64% of bets for this game have been placed on the Lions +6.5"

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #229
blownE30M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Exactly. And IF you're going to run it on 4th & goal @ the 1, don't run a gdamn strech play! Up the f'ing gut outta the power-i. Jesus, I'd even be ok with a quick handoff to Sellers out of the power-i.

This season:

Worst team in the league...
Hey dude, at least your not 0-3 like us. Though we haven't lost to any sh!tty teams yet....

Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 PM   #230
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
The Redskins will beat Tampa bay Sunday!
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #231
ghorn

Pretty cool breakdown (w/screen shots) of Campbell's mistakes/missed reads/etc.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=301745

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 05:46 PM   #232
DiscoStu
Sienna Red Coupe

My Ride: 2013 VW GLI
Those break-downs are pretty cool. I bet Jason Campbell sees pictures just like those week in and week out. I'm a HUGE Jason Campbell fan, however I'm starting to lose my patience.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #233
blownE30M3

Should I go double or nothing against Tampa this week?

How confident are you Redskins fans you are going to win?

I won $650 off Detroit last week and am willing to double it for Tampa.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #234
ghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
Should I go double or nothing against Tampa this week?

How confident are you Redskins fans you are going to win?

I won $650 off Detroit last week and am willing to double it for Tampa.
Man, the Skins are inept, but Tampa has nothing at all going for them. FWIW -they've benched Leftwich. So, not sure if they'll do much better or not.

Of course I think the Skins will win, but I wouldn't put money on either team in this one--unless the spread looks really good.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #235
blownE30M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Man, the Skins are inept, but Tampa has nothing at all going for them. FWIW -they've benched Leftwich. So, not sure if they'll do much better or not.

Of course I think the Skins will win, but I wouldn't put money on either team in this one--unless the spread looks really good.
Bucs are 7 point dogs with a line of -110. If I put $650 down and the Bucs won I would walk away with close to 2g's.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #236
ghorn

2 things.

1. Very good read from WAPO re: Snyder as the one to blame for MANY of our troubles:

Quote:
For a Troubled Organization, Blame Resides at the Top
By Sally Jenkins
Thursday, Oct 1, 2009

The Redskins are full of talk about personal responsibility this week, mouthing all the right words and saying they can still turn things around if they are individually accountable and stick together. But my question is, how much can a team really subscribe to personal responsibility when the guy who is by far the most responsible for the state of the franchise, the owner, ducks it?

For a decade now, Daniel Snyder has made an utter mess of the team, and yet he seldom, if ever, takes responsibility for it. He operates from behind a phalanx of security, proxies and media managers, routinely declining to comment and be accountable. He wants all the fun when they win and none of the blame when they lose. The most damning anecdote I've heard yet about Snyder came this week from his former player-confidante LaVar Arrington, who described how Snyder would stand outside the locker room and shake hands with players when they won, but glared and declined to offer a hand when they lost.

It's absurdly early to write off the 2009-10 Redskins as a failure at 1-2. But it's a decade into Snyder's tenure as owner, and not too early to reach a verdict on the joyriding amateur interference that passes for his management. What's ultimately wrong with the Redskins, the reason they annually fight to be merely average, is not the fault of Jim Zorn, Jason Campbell or any other employee, it's the fault of Snyder. Anyone who doubts his involvement needed only listen to Zorn on Monday following the Redskins' loss to the winless Detroit Lions. "I'm sure I'll be spending a lot time with him this week," Zorn said. Now, surely Zorn has better things to do than to explain the elementary and the obvious to his owner: They don't have an effective offensive line or a pass rush.

This is Snyder's team; he was intimately involved in assembling it. He keeps his favorite players on speed dial, watches practices on the sidelines and demands face time and explanations from the coaches he personally hired. Whatever you think of Zorn, he is Snyder's own selection. It was Snyder who told Joe Gibbs, "He would make a great head coach." He is personally responsible for naming Vinny Cerrato, a proven failure, executive vice president of football operations, for the Redskins' lack of core strength, for their inability to power the ball in the red zone, which is thanks to his decade of neglect of the interior lines in favor of big free agent signings.

You can blame the Redskins players and coaches for what happens on Sundays, but not for what's wrong with the franchise the other six days of the week. The owner should have known the winning cure a long time ago: hire a competent, professional general manager. Yet he refuses to do it because that wouldn't be as much fun for him. I've said it before, and I say it again more than ever: It looks to me like Snyder would rather be the center of power on a losing team than a peripheral figure on a winning one.

There has been no shortage of people willing to step up and accept responsibility for the state of the Redskins: Norv Turner, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Gibbs and now Zorn have taken turns shouldering the blame for their decade-long mediocrity. Players, too.

"We got 20 people walking round in the locker room with hoo-rah talk," Clinton Portis said Wednesday. "Pumping guys up, 'Lets go baby we can do this.' It's Week 3. I don't think it take hoo-rah talk, I don't think it take pump a guy up, putting a guy in the car and let's go out and have a one-to-one. It's making plays."

At the moment a handful of locker room leaders and consummate pros are trying to keep the Redskins in the right competitive frame of mind, despite intense scrutiny from the press, boos from the home crowd and three straight disappointing performances on the field. "We don't wish wins, we work at it," Antwaan Randle El said.

"Right now we are going through a lot of trials as a team and this is a time to find out the real character of our team, and if we can push through it, it makes for a good push down the stretch run," Campbell said.

But it says something about the dark, untrusting environment at Redskins Park that a team of highly paid veterans doesn't yet know its character and is fighting for its soul after just three games, trying stave off panic and finger-pointing and to remain cohesive. After losing to the Lions last week, cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "You either want it or you don't. A lot of these guys don't want it. They want the other stuff." The paycheck-player, where's-mine environment is set by an owner who never seems to value the right qualities, and who so often seems to equate the size of a contract with character. How long can some players continue to give more while making a lot less? And how long can all of them keep fighting for Zorn when no one in the front office will step forward and preach real loyalty, by publicly declaring, "This is our coach and the path we're on."

Snyder is not the first or the last executive to avoid responsibility for failure. But somehow it seems more important given the nature of the NFL, a business in which men sacrifice their bodies and futures weekly for the good of the organization, for an executive to take just as much responsibility as they do. Snyder declined an interview request Wednesday, but hopefully in the near future he will make clear his vision for a better future for the organization.

Whatever the deficiencies of the Redskins, they are Snyder's deficiencies, too. But everyone else is answering for them.

2. They're benching Horton? I love that guy.

http://mobile.washingtonpost.com/rss...d=154277&spf=1

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #237
blownE30M3

$500 against the skins. Let's see how this works out.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #238
blownE30M3

lol, dammit. I was planning on making some good monies today!

Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #239
ghorn

Once again, not pretty. But a W

EDIT: for play action on 1st down, which lead to that 59yd Moss TD. Zorn, holla @ your boy.

Quote:

Last edited by ghorn; 10-05-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #240
ThaHooch

wow...they are amazingly bad giving up a 17-2 lead