E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Other BMW Models > General BMW Model Discussion

General BMW Model Discussion
All non E46 BMW model questions in here. Look below for E36, E90 and F30 specific forum. For additional model specific forums check out bimmerfest.com!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #21
TiAgTouring

My Ride: has a D-Pillar
looks like its gonna be sweet for you!! Let the unmodding, modding, and remodding begin!!!

323iT 5MT ZSP/ M54B30 Manifold Swap/ F1 Headers + Full ZHP Exhaust/ UUC SSK + DSSR/ CF ACS Mirrors/ M3 Steering Wheel + ZHP Shift Knob
TiAgTouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
Bimmer330cibro

My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
that car is beautiful, just change the interior with just regular black.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
Titan 3

My Ride: E46 325ci ~ E92 328i
Send a message via AIM to Titan 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330cibro View Post
I actually think those seats are stock. There was a two tone factory option, with, what looks like, an ostrich insert. These look just like the oem ones I've seen.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #24
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer330cibro View Post

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose

Last edited by Sneaky; 10-18-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:41 PM   #25
xi_ter

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Quote:
.... But the main problem with that car is the engine and whats referred to the carbon scourge.. You can find many posts on the M5 Board.
All thogether an am///aizing car.. 18k Enjoy the **** out of the car and the pootang that will come along for the ride!!
Good point. Check if you are getting secondary air low codes which indicate carbon scourge. Use Seafoam to burn this out:
In the intake valves, use the brake vacuum hose (1/3 can):

for the exhaust ports and valves, use the hose from the secondary air pump (fill hose, with cold engine).

Also works with E46
Old 10-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #26
FutureMD32

My Ride: 2004 M3
nice..but the question is, was the car beat to hell and back by its previous owner? I mean it IS tastefully modded, but that doesn't mean he's driven it nicely...lol
1998 Nissan S14 240sx, powered by RB26
1990 Nissan S13 240sx, 630 whp SR20DET
1995 Subaru Legacy, EJ20R, 410 whp
Soon to have 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0
FutureMD32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:46 PM   #27
bimmerkid23

My Ride: 323i 2000
Send a message via AIM to bimmerkid23
ok its a crazy story why the headrest were torn the previous owner did not pay his payments so they repoed it while the tow truck was taking it he went and stabbed the headrest and ripped out the amp and everything in the trunk and ran. but the dealer is replaceing everything OEM at no cost
Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 AM   #28
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Are you buying this from a BMW dealer? The story they told you seems suspect. I like the 2 tone interior, but would be VERY careful if you are buying this from a shady dealer. Again, make sure you have some $$$$ ready for maintenance......the M cars are quite different from a 323, and used....looks pretty though. They have a black one on the local BMW lot I saw, looks nice, would love the room, but not for me. I would take a used 8 series if I had money to blow. All I ask of you is use caution......
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #29
bimmerkid23

its a highly known dealer, seals lots of great cars! but im getting a warranty for 2 years or 28k miles with no deductibles for repairs and they cover all the aftermarket mods
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #30
mhagley323

My Ride: 330i
nice, save up for maintenance

03' 330i
Mods
|M Tech II|P46| Orion V2|Painted Rear Diffuser and Moldings|Clears|Painted Grills|Koni FSD|Eibach|M6|WeissLicht LED|

09' ///M5
Mods
|BMW Performance Gloss Grills, Gills and Reflectors|SuperSprint|RPI|WeissLicht LED|
mhagley323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #31
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerkid23 View Post
no its missing both of them due to the fact that they were torn, they ordered new ones from the dealer at their cost. The one on the right is for the rear middle seat
Wait, this makes it sound like you're buying it from a used car lot....personally, I stay FAAAAR away from used car lots.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:48 AM   #32
Acarder

My Ride: 69' M3
Why is everyone spilling this maintenance ****? At the very least, it'll be cheaper to run than a M3. I know the V8 E39's have got steering problems and the whole carbon deposit problems that people have already mentioned but apart from that the car is a lot more reliable than an E46. And this M5 has self adjusting valves which will probably save him a grand every 15k over the M3 (unless you can do it yourself).

Gas costs are the only gay thing, but hey - its an M5

Last edited by Acarder; 10-18-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Acarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #33
bimmerkid23

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...&address=92134 this is the link for the dealer
Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 AM   #34
mtrhed

My Ride: 06 Z4 MR/1988 535is
No steering problems that I am aware of? Oh, except when you're power sliding the car with DSC off....
mtrhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:59 AM   #35
Acarder

OP do you really want a red one? The mods are alright I guess, they don't really work with the colour though and defeat the purpose of having a car like the M5 (ie sleeper). If I were you, i'd find one without the BBK and all the mods in a colour that worked with the car. Like Le Mans blue
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
bimmernate

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerkid23 View Post
DUDE! R motorsports is SHADY! Run, run far. They just try to cover everything up even though the car may have many problems. Plus they are liars... I went to see a BMW there, and they completely bsed me like I didn't know what I was looking at....

I drove 3 hours to see the car, and they claimed it was in "mint" condition. Got there, and there was a dent on the side, grills were broken, shady pin stripes down the car, claimed that he bought it for XX amount, when I have a friend that knows him and he told him something different, and he said he had the car for 2 weeks when I know for a fact that they have had it for 8 months. In addition, the interior had crap stains on the seats, and dings all over the hood. I looked at their other cars in the lot, and they are all just "quick fixed." I don't know how you didn't see that? IMO, run. I have a feeling they will not honor their "warranty" either. In fact, I know they won't honor their warranty if they are cheap enough to not fix the little small things before having someone drive 3 hours to them.

2003 330i ZHP 6MT
Performance: Koni Sport Struts/Shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit, 17x9 Apex ARC-8, TMS Sway bars, M3 Strut Brace

Aesthetics/Functionality: TSX Projector retrofit, 20% Tint, OEM Aux Input, Clear corners, LED taillights, M3 Steering wheel, Black kidney grills

Last edited by bimmernate; 10-18-2009 at 01:14 AM.
bimmernate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #37
BruceWayne
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 03 LSB ///M3
^an m5 is a sleeper?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 AM   #38
bimmerkid23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmernate View Post
DUDE! R motorsports is SHADY! Run, run far. They just try to cover everything up even though the car may have many problems. Plus they are liars... I went to see a BMW there, and they completely bsed me like I didn't know what I was looking at....

I drove 3 hours to see the car, and they claimed it was in "mint" condition. Got there, and there was a dent on the side, grills were broken, shady pin stripes down the car, claimed that he bought it for XX amount, when I have a friend that knows him and he told him something different, and he said he had the car for 2 weeks when I know for a fact that they have had it for 8 months. In addition, the interior had crap stains on the seats, and dings all over the hood. I looked at their other cars in the lot, and they are all just "quick fixed." I don't know how you didn't see that? IMO, run. I have a feeling they will not honor their "warranty" either. In fact, I know they won't honor their warranty if they are cheap enough to not fix the little small things before having someone drive 3 hours to them.
i have heard mixed stories about them, but most good ones their just offer a third party warranty. but i took my friend who is a BMW mechanic and he looked at the car and said it was in pretty good condition
Old 10-18-2009, 01:31 AM   #39
Acarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
^an m5 is a sleeper?
Yes? Not many people would be able to tell it was an M5 unless (and this is the likely scenario) they were behind it, and even then the quad exhausts aren't that much of a give away. It doesn't have side grills with M5 badges on it, it doesn't have a power bulge hood, it doesn't have obnoxiously huge wheels or exotic bodykits and even the bumpers look subtle.. in my eyes its a sleeper at least.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #40
Sneaky

My Ride: Fixie
No BMW can be considered a Sleeper IMO. Camry with a supra engine = Sleeper.

Sig by So Lowww
Pictures I take
OVOxo till we overdose
Sneaky is offline   Reply With Quote