E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #21
Silviacrazed

My Ride: is so damn sexy
I want an M4 super 90, but I don't want the collapsible stock. Sick gun though!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #22
AVRed1
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad

My Ride: Steel Grey ///M
Send a message via AIM to AVRed1 Send a message via Yahoo to AVRed1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviacrazed View Post
Sheeeet negro... If you can get the collapsible stock GET IT! you can sell it to me with a quickness and always buy a fixed stock. Those skeleton stocks are restricted in many states. Restricted meaning they were once legal but since have gone out of production because they were in a "grey" area of some assault rifle descriptions, at least that's the story here in CA. So the re-sale market for those stocks is really active.

PM me if any of you gun nuts wants to sell!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #23
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
So, theoretically, what happens when you retire from LE? Do you have to surrender restricted items like the stock or are they yours to keep?

And wow you got an amazing deal on the Glock! I wish I could pick one up that cheap...if I could, I'd pick it up today.
No I get to keep it all forever. It's MINE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviacrazed View Post
It comes from the factory with the fixed stock and pistol grip. You can't get it with the telescoping stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRed1 View Post
Sheeeet negro... If you can get the collapsible stock GET IT! you can sell it to me with a quickness and always buy a fixed stock. Those skeleton stocks are restricted in many states. Restricted meaning they were once legal but since have gone out of production because they were in a "grey" area of some assault rifle descriptions, at least that's the story here in CA. So the re-sale market for those stocks is really active.

PM me if any of you gun nuts wants to sell!
The telescoping stock is restricted throughout the USA and globally by Benelli SPA. They determined some years back that they only wanted to sell it to LE/Mil/Govt, and that everyone else was only going to be allowed to get the fixed stock.
Some telescoping stocks have shown up on the civilian market, but they've been selling for upwards of $1000, and they are basically sold as soon as they're made available. Private buyers finagle the system to get the stocks by going through Beretta Authorized Law Enforcement dealers (Beretta owns Benelli). Benelli has been clamping down lately, and you basically have to go directly through Benelli USA LE/Mil/Govt sales division with proper documentation to get the stocks. Basically, it's a PITA.
If Benelli catches wind of this, they revoke the Dealer authorization and can take action against the dealer, from what I've heard. I know that the dealers have to annually apply to renew their dealership authorization through Beretta USA.

But, as you stated above - if you find one for sale, BUY IT! You won't get a second chance.
I got mine for MSRP and can sell it for 5-10x that if I wanted. It was such a PITA that I won't, though. Getting another one would be too much of a headache.

Why Benelli does this, I don't know. It's stupid IMO. You can sell an M4 carbine with a collapsible stock, why not a shotgun? Goofy...
Kinda like How HK won't sell the G36/SL8 with the collapsible stock. Just asinine.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 04-06-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #24
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post

It comes from the factory with the fixed stock and pistol grip. You can't get it with the telescoping stock.

The telescoping stock is restricted throughout the USA and globally by Benelli SPA. They determined some years back that they only wanted to sell it to LE/Mil/Govt, and that everyone else was only going to be allowed to get the fixed stock.
Some telescoping stocks have shown up on the civilian market, but they've been selling for upwards of $1000, and they are basically sold as soon as they're made available. Private buyers finagle the system to get the stocks by going through Beretta Authorized Law Enforcement dealers (Beretta owns Benelli). Benelli has been clamping down lately, and you basically have to go directly through Benelli USA LE/Mil/Govt sales division with proper documentation to get the stocks. Basically, it's a PITA.
If Benelli catches wind of this, they revoke the Dealer authorization and can take action against the dealer, from what I've heard. I know that the dealers have to annually apply to renew their dealership authorization through Beretta USA.

But, as you stated above - if you find one for sale, BUY IT! You won't get a second chance.
I got mine for MSRP and can sell it for 5-10x that if I wanted. It was such a PITA that I won't, though. Getting another one would be too much of a headache.

Why Benelli does this, I don't know. It's stupid IMO. You can sell an M4 carbine with a collapsible stock, why not a shotgun? Goofy...
Kinda like How HK won't sell the G36/SL8 with the collapsible stock. Just asinine.
Yea I just looked it up on gunbroker...they have a few stocks up there, but they're all really really pricey. Not worth it IMO...rather put that money toward a new pistol or a nice ACOG or Eotech sight...

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #25
Reedo302

Quote:
Yea I just looked it up on gunbroker...they have a few stocks up there, but they're all really really pricey. Not worth it IMO...rather put that money toward a new pistol or a nice ACOG or Eotech sight...
What's nuts is that that stock could easily get up to $1k before it sells. What's really nuts is that the MSRP of that stock is $150.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #26
david05111

Quote:
What's nuts is that that stock could easily get up to $1k before it sells. What's really nuts is that the MSRP of that stock is $150.
Haha insane! They have the complete package for sale up there for like 2800 (M4 and stock)...absurd. Amazing what can happen when supply dries up

Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #27
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
As always, nice stuff!

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 PM   #28
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
As always, nice stuff!
Thanks! It's a good thing the wifey doesn't know the combo to my gun safe or what I already owned...

Quote:
Haha insane! They have the complete package for sale up there for like 2800 (M4 and stock)...absurd. Amazing what can happen when supply dries up
No kidding. Considering that the stock was never supposed to be available to the general public in the first place, I'm amazed so many got out and were sold. Definitely shows supply and demand.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #29
alex1524

My Ride: 2002 Bmw 325ci
Send a message via AIM to alex1524
I just bought an Colt AR 15 .223, I get it monday =-)
Old 04-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #30
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Awesome, I just picked up my 26 last week
Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #31
AVRed1
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad

My Ride: Steel Grey ///M
Send a message via AIM to AVRed1 Send a message via Yahoo to AVRed1
Quote:

For a while the "non-collapsing" skeletal stock was the only way you could get it, the collapsible one was still LE/Military only. Maybe like 1999-2000. In 2002 I made a push to get one I even spoke to the CA DOJ office and everything. Back then they said it wasn't illegal but they had an agreement with Benelli that they would not ship any more to CA, basically because it "looked like a collapsible" stock , I tried and tried but I could not get an FFL to ship one to CA and I eventually gave up. But back in 02 other states had them for sale online.

I dont know whats happened since as far as the legality is concerned but I certainly believe what you said to be true about it being a nationwide issue now and I'm sure they're even harder to come by now.

Moral of the story... you better get your guns while you can. especially here in CA!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #32
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVRed1 View Post
For a while the "non-collapsing" skeletal stock was the only way you could get it, the collapsible one was still LE/Military only. Maybe like 1999-2000. In 2002 I made a push to get one I even spoke to the CA DOJ office and everything. Back then they said it wasn't illegal but they had an agreement with Benelli that they would not ship any more to CA, basically because it "looked like a collapsible" stock , I tried and tried but I could not get an FFL to ship one to CA and I eventually gave up. But back in 02 other states had them for sale online.

I dont know whats happened since as far as the legality is concerned but I certainly believe what you said to be true about it being a nationwide issue now and I'm sure they're even harder to come by now.

Moral of the story... you better get your guns while you can. especially here in CA!
The reason why you can't get them is just because Benelli won't sell them. It's all Benelli. I mean, in CA it's illegal, but not anywhere else.

The fixed version was available for a time, and that does look pretty cool on its own. The telescoping version is 1000x better though, as it's actually functional.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-07-2009, 10:58 AM   #33
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1524 View Post
I just bought an Colt AR 15 .223, I get it monday =-)
What model did you get? I just picked up a 6940 two weeks ago

Old 11-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #34
david05111

Reedo-

Got a question for ya...

I've been waiting to pick up a shotgun for a while and want a Benelli like yours. I came across this though...

I give you the Benelli M4 Entry, a 14inch version of the M4 Super 90.

So my question to you is this: should I just go with the normal M4 or should I spring for one of these (I would have to get the tax stamp)? I like the idea that its smaller and easier to maneuver, but would I really lose alot if I went with the 4 inches shorter? I know for sure you lose the ability to have the extended tube so you're stuck with 5+1, not 8+1.

Thoughts?

Old 11-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #35
BRUTL TA

My Ride: 2005 m3 convert
Beautiful pistol, and everything else. The glocks are flat out amazing. One of the best stock service type pistol ive ever used. I made master with one, the FIRST day that I ever used one. Incredible price too.

Here's a pick of my last purchase
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kimber pro CDP II.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	337368  
BRUTL TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #36
Reedo302

Quote:
Reedo-

Got a question for ya...

I've been waiting to pick up a shotgun for a while and want a Benelli like yours. I came across this though...

I give you the Benelli M4 Entry, a 14inch version of the M4 Super 90.

So my question to you is this: should I just go with the normal M4 or should I spring for one of these (I would have to get the tax stamp)? I like the idea that its smaller and easier to maneuver, but would I really lose alot if I went with the 4 inches shorter? I know for sure you lose the ability to have the extended tube so you're stuck with 5+1, not 8+1.

Thoughts?
Regardless of NFA compliance, Benelli won't sell it to you. You have to order the M4 Entry (also known as the M1014 JSCS) through Beretta Law Enforcement division. If you have a local authorized Beretta/Benelli LE dealer, you would deal with them primarily. Either way, you simply can't get one unless you are with a Govt/Mil/LE agency. I tried to source one for an individual officer purchase, and they basically told me to just be happy I got the stock. It wasn't going to happen with the Entry model. That one is LE/MIL only per company policy.

So, I guess that can make up your mind then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTL TA View Post
Beautiful pistol, and everything else. The glocks are flat out amazing. One of the best stock service type pistol ive ever used. I made master with one, the FIRST day that I ever used one. Incredible price too.
I love my G34. I bought it to replace my Sig P226, and I just sold the Sig. I haven't looked back since. I really am impressed with the tactical/practical series.

I love my Kimber Tactical Custom II also, though. It was the first handgun I bought when I was old enough to buy one.

Glock Armorer