E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Jmannumber7

My Ride: 135i M sport N54
Send a message via AIM to Jmannumber7 Send a message via MSN to Jmannumber7 Send a message via Yahoo to Jmannumber7 Send a message via Skype™ to Jmannumber7
E30 1987 325is FT: Chicago

Copy/pasted from my CL ad: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/1406478872.html

I have a mint 1987 BMW 325is that I would be interested in trading for an E36 M3. It has 155,xxx miles on it, delphin grey with the cardinal red interior and black carpet. 5spd manual, power everything, OBC, ABS, etc... It's fully loaded to say the least. I have service records for everything, and recently it has received:

-new radiator and coolant flush/bleed
-new timing belt
-new waterpump
-new hoses
-new thermostat
-new valve cover gasket
-valve adjustment
-driveshaft output flange seal
-oil change
-new bosch spark plugs
-all new lights/bulbs around the car
-new cluster from eBay (old cluster speedo did not work) but the odometer needs new gears and is stuck currently. It reads about 78 thousand miles higher than the original one did. (this can be fixed easily)
-2 keys, 1 original and 1 brand new from BMW with the illumination feature
-more that I am forgetting at the moment

All of this was done no less than 1.5 weeks ago, and I have put a lot of time and money into making this car pristine. The car has a clean title, never been in an accident, and is driven daily for the most part. What it will need/the bad:

-suspension work (shocks and shock mounts at least)
-new passenger window motor (ordered online, currently en route to me)
-a very small bit of rust underneath the trunk, but nowhere else on the car

and here is what I have done to it while I have owned it:

-2.5" straight piping from the headers back with a small resonator
-euro spec smoked tails
-clear front and side indicators/turn signal housings (still have the original ambers as well)
-blacked out window trim (sides, and front and rear windshield)
-blacked out front grilles
-front bumper plate delete strip (have the front bumper mount strip as well)
-new ///M leather shift knob and new boot (previous owner)
-Sony headunit that matches the interior and lighting perfectly
-Pioneer rear speakers with new wiring
-Yellow Lamin-X high beams
-Front, rear, and rear windshield tints (previous owner)
-Aftermarket 5 spoke rims (previous owner)

My mechanic has looked over the car, and says there is no frame imperfections and it is as straight as a nail. There is no rust besides what is on the trunk (surface only), and the car is very clean and has a very rare color combination. The brakes are still good, and everything else is still good for the time being and should be for a long time after all the work I have put into it. It doesn't burn any oil or coolant, doesn't leak anywhere, clutch is good, drives straight, and sounds amazing. I'm NOT selling the car, but only would be interested in trading for an E36 M3. I don't have any cash to add, but I bought this car for over $4,000 in it's condition before I did all this work to it, and since then have put over $2,500 into it in repairs, maintenance, and modifications (able to prove this with records). I would love to let it go to another enthusiast like myself, so please let me know if we can work something out. Serious offers only, email me for a spreadsheet document that lists all the work and maintenance that this car has received. Thank you very much!

You can reach me on my cell at: eight-four-seven-five-zero-eight-eight-eight-eight-four (spelled out for spam purposes) or reply to this ad.
VIN# is: WBAAA130XH2320443 for carfax purposes.

- Jason

Keywords: BMW, 335, 330, 328, 325, 323, 320, 318, 316, 2002, E30, E36, E46, E90, E92, M3, M5, M6, X5, X3, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series, 1 series, ix, i, is, sport package

Last edited by Jmannumber7; 10-05-2009 at 06:58 PM. Reason: fix craiglist ad link
Jmannumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
tmb 02

My Ride: 02 330i, 06 gto
craigslist ad was flagged and pulled
tmb 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
Jmannumber7

Send a message via AIM to Jmannumber7 Send a message via MSN to Jmannumber7 Send a message via Yahoo to Jmannumber7 Send a message via Skype™ to Jmannumber7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb 02 View Post
craigslist ad was flagged and pulled
Here it is again, my bad.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/1406478872.html
Old 10-25-2009, 01:55 AM   #4
cheungms

My Ride: 2005 e46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmannumber7 View Post
flagged again.

Can you post some pics on here? I'm interested - live in Peoria
Old 10-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmannumber7 View Post
Keywords: BMW, 335, 330, 328, 325, 323, 320, 318, 316, 2002, E30, E36, E46, E90, E92, M3, M5, M6, X5, X3, 3 series, 5 series, 7 series, 1 series, ix, i, is, sport package
Why would anyone searching for any of those things be interested in your E30 325is? I doubt that's the correct way to go about finding a buyer, if and when someone stumbles across this post when say, they were searching for an M6, I would think it's safe to assume they wouldn't be interested like you would hope they would be; that's probably why it got flagged as spam. Good luck anyways.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
Why would anyone searching for any of those things be interested in your E30 325is? I doubt that's the correct way to go about finding a buyer, if and when someone stumbles across this post when say, they were searching for an M6, I would think it's safe to assume they wouldn't be interested like you would hope they would be; that's probably why it got flagged as spam. Good luck anyways.
+1, I always flag when anyone uses keywords which have nothing to do with their ads.

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
Jmannumber7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheungms View Post
flagged again.

Can you post some pics on here? I'm interested - live in Peoria
Unfortunately, I'm not too interested in selling any longer. I just redid the entire car with an H&R cupkit, H&R front and rear sways, UUC camber kit, and rogue engineering shock mounts along with new control arms, tie rod assemblies, etc... and I'm just loving the car all over again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen89 View Post
I know that when I was looking for a car, they had a bunch of keywords like that as well, and that is actually how I found my car. It does help in searching for the car you want, and people do it all the time. In fact, craigslist recommends keywords like that to boost how many people see the ad. That is not why it got flagged, I posted in the forums on CL asking why it was, and they all said it was because I used the term "mint" in my description which apparently they freak out at because it's "inaccurate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysbored786 View Post
+1, I always flag when anyone uses keywords which have nothing to do with their ads.
It's not that is has nothing to do with my ad, but see my explanation above to understand why it is that people add those keywords.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
Forged328

My Ride: E46 M3
Please post some pics. Friend has been looking for awhile now!
Forged328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Jmannumber7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forged328 View Post
Please post some pics. Friend has been looking for awhile now!
Funny you asked, I'm now looking to sell outright (and still trade for an E36 M3). Here is my new ad:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/1488723131.html

and a link to some more pictures.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...number7/325is/
Old 12-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
Jmannumber7

Bump.