E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #41
FunPoliceSam

My Ride: 2001 325i
really? it costs like $450 bucks to repair the hood...

just have him knock it down to 27k... something tells me you cannot afford the maintenance on a bmw if the hood bothers you this much.

maintenance is 4-5k a year... try not to reach too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I went to see this car yesterday, but left almost immediately and was terribly disappointed in the seller for not doing a better job of disclosing the condition of the car. Although it looks like it was largely well taken care of, there is a small dent on the passenger side quarter panel behind the mirror (not a big deal, but he should disclose it), but the bigger deal was the hood. The hood has ~10 - 15 small, pea-size or smaller chips out of it. This is more than just highway rash where the clear coat is pock-marked, I'm talking down to the metal scratches with the paint completely gone. I ran my fingers over it and they are not sealed at all. It was a deal breaker for me. Coming back here, I look at the pictures of the front end and magically there are no chips. I don't know if its an older picture from before the car suffered this rash, or whether it was photoshopped, but it is not representative. Seller: I encourage you to post additional pictures and do a better job at describing the condition.

I drove 45 minutes out of my way to see this, so it was 90 minutes wasted. Not that bad for me, but I wouldn't want anyone to drive hours to see this and feel cheated like I did.

The good news to a potential buyer is they were isolated to the hood, the bumper didn't seem nearly as bad and i didn't notice any significant marks in the quarter panels. How or why the hood got like that I have no idea, but it looked like he was just driving in the wrong place at the wrong time and took a lot of hood shots from stones or debris. If the hood were to be re-painted, it would be a good car, but I'm not looking for a car that needs paint. Buyer beware.
Have any of you heard of "sloming"? Supposedly, high school students are sticking leeches to themselves in exchange for some kind of high. Since when did this become the new thing? What happened to just kicking back with a group of your close friends and smoking a joint?
FunPoliceSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #42
04E46ci

My Ride: BMW 330ci
Yeah i dont think that dude could afford a M3 either especially if he was looking at the rocks chips that much.. I would have worked on the price with him for sure.

Either way the M is SOLD... In the process of saving some $$$$ and then ill be purchasing a M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunPoliceSam View Post
really? it costs like $450 bucks to repair the hood...

just have him knock it down to 27k... something tells me you cannot afford the maintenance on a bmw if the hood bothers you this much.

maintenance is 4-5k a year... try not to reach too much
04E46ci is offline   Reply With Quote