E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #61
B
OG Moderator Extraordinaire

My Ride: 325iX-M3-525iT-M5
Send a message via AIM to B
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownE30M3 View Post
1 game out from Denver who holds the top wildcard seed. One game out from the Pats who are leading the division. Tied for the 2nd wildcard seed.

We pulled it out last year. Watch it happen again. And what makes it worse? We lost both our starting quarterback and running back. Oh and we have terrible receivers.
yes but 9-7 doesn't get it done in the AFC and that's the best record you can hope for... sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Old 12-15-2009, 01:03 PM   #62
blownE30M3

My Ride: 2004 JB M3
Send a message via AIM to blownE30M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
yes but 9-7 doesn't get it done in the AFC and that's the best record you can hope for... sorry to be the bearer of bad news
San Diego went to the playoffs on an 8-8 record last year. The AFC East is shaping up to be a similar record standoff this year.

Home Automation and A/V Programming
http://www.xsdesignstudios.com
blownE30M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #63
Ynot

My Ride: 997
Quote:
San Diego went to the playoffs on an 8-8 record last year. The AFC East is shaping up to be a similar record standoff this year.
I remember that, how sad, this is the reason why there should be no division leaders. The top 6 teams in each division gets a spot. Cutler threw (literally) the season away. I remember the Bronco's had a four game lead and just fell apart towards the end. Thanks to Cutler's many interceptions in the end zone, nothing has changed, now he's doing it for the Bears.

oh yeah, this is a dolphins thread, sorry to rain on your parade but you are not going to make it this year.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #64
B

Quote:
We're talking about this year... and they didn't get in 8-8 as a WC, NE was 11-5 and missed a WC in AFC last year!!!

DEN and BAL will be 10-6 and in, Jets have an outside shot at 10-6 and miss due to tie breakers, Dolphins are looking at 9-7 tops, JAX will be lucky to get to 9-7

NE will likely be 10-6 or 11-5 and either win outright or win on tie breakers with the Jets

you need BOTH the Jets and BAL to lose at least one game and both could sweep with their remaining schedules (BAL has cream puffs and Jets have banged up ATL and Indy & Cinci resting players and nothing to play for)
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #65
NJx330CI

My Ride: About to be a M3
Quote:
We're talking about this year... and they didn't get in 8-8 as a WC, NE was 11-5 and missed a WC in AFC last year!!!

DEN and BAL will be 10-6 and in, Jets have an outside shot at 10-6 and miss due to tie breakers, Dolphins are looking at 9-7 tops, JAX will be lucky to get to 9-7

NE will likely be 10-6 or 11-5 and either win outright or win on tie breakers with the Jets

you need BOTH the Jets and BAL to lose at least one game and both could sweep with their remaining schedules (BAL has cream puffs and Jets have banged up ATL and Indy & Cinci resting players and nothing to play for)

The titans are getting this wildcard at 9-7, or tying with the Ravens. Jets had no possible chance looking at there schedule (ATL,INDY,CIN), I honestly don't see BAL getting 9-7 (They play the steelers week 16) and the CHI game is a toss up. MIA plays the Titans, Texans, and Steelers, all teams which are better then their record shows. I'm the titans fan so
NJx330CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #66
B

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJx330CI View Post
The titans are getting this wildcard at 9-7, or tying with the Ravens. Jets had no possible chance looking at there schedule (ATL,INDY,CIN), I honestly don't see BAL getting 9-7 (They play the steelers week 16) and the CHI game is a toss up. MIA plays the Titans, Texans, and Steelers, all teams which are better then their record shows. I'm the titans fan so
Jets have banged up ATL at home, then Indy who will start resting players and who hate NE and would prefer Jets have chance to beat NE for AFCE, and Cinci at home, last game in the stadium with Cinci likely locked in to #3 seed regardless of outcome and nothing to play for

CHI sucks, BAL is favored big time for a reason. And Pitt is so bad right now... I mean they lost to Cleveland for the first time in like 8 years... on national tv!

You're right about MIA, they can't possibly win all three of those games
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #67
blownE30M3

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, just responding to your above statement about the AFC as a whole.

Quote:

So you are going to tell me the Jets (Who we beat twice) have a better shot than the Dolphins?! As well as Jacksonville who just lost?

I have full confidence the Jets and NE will lose at least 1 or more games before the year is up. We may lose 1 but will still take either the division or the wild card. I have a feeling Denver will not carry through and either take second slot or none at all. Baltimore will most likely make it as usual.

Our opponents are Tennessee, Houston, and Pittsburgh. All with losing records. C'mon now. let's make a friendly wager then. How about a $50 bet Miami makes the playoffs one way or another?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 PM   #68
NJx330CI

Quote:

So you are going to tell me the Jets (Who we beat twice) have a better shot than the Dolphins?! As well as Jacksonville who just lost?

I have full confidence the Jets and NE will lose at least 1 or more games before the year is up. We may lose 1 but will still take either the division or the wild card. I have a feeling Denver will not carry through and either take second slot or none at all. Baltimore will most likely make it as usual.

Our opponents are Tennessee, Houston, and Pittsburgh. All with losing records. C'mon now. let's make a friendly wager then. How about a $50 bet Miami makes the playoffs one way or another?
The Titans are 6-1 since the bye week. I'll give you a win vs Houston although they have a good chance at beating MIA (Schaub & Andre) but the Steelers? They're still the team that went to the superbowl last year. Baltimore had a hard time beating them even when big ben wasn't playing.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #69
blownE30M3

Quote:
The Titans are 6-1 since the bye week. I'll give you a win vs Houston although they have a good chance at beating MIA (Schaub & Andre) but the Steelers? They're still the team that went to the superbowl last year. Baltimore had a hard time beating them even when big ben wasn't playing.
They are the team that lost to the Browns. All credibility lost.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #70
B

Quote:

You never replied to my PM
Old 12-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #71
blownE30M3

2 point conversion!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #72
blownE30M3

Fvck. FVCK!

Old 12-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #73
M3LTDOWN

My Ride: Range Rover on 22's
Send a message via AIM to M3LTDOWN Send a message via MSN to M3LTDOWN
And the fcuking bills couldn't take care of business either.... at least the jets lost.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #74
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
Ffffffvvvvvvvccccckkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #75
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
now wwe gota deal with all the fin haters talk shyt watch.....

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #76
NJx330CI

Titans do work but unfortunately I've realized the wildcard is going to the Ravens and Steelers. Green bay loosing just made it way too difficult to make the wildcard for any 7-7 teams.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #77
Lonely Tylenol.
Banned

My Ride: is faster thAn yours
Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tylenol.
mother fvckers
Lonely Tylenol. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #78
blownE30M3

Quote:
Titans do work but unfortunately I've realized the wildcard is going to the Ravens and Steelers. Green bay loosing just made it way too difficult to make the wildcard for any 7-7 teams.
And I will point out yet again that the Steelers lost to the Browns.

Old 12-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #79
dmon_101

My Ride: has sexy fogs/shoes
Send a message via AIM to dmon_101

Dealer Programmable Options | Projector Fogs FTW
There are a lot of Fs and too many Ks in the F/M/K scenario <- posted before I met my wife
To answer your question, it's something you can find by searching the forum or using Google
dmon_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #80
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
now wwe gota deal with all the fin haters talk shyt watch.....
sorry to see the loss... you guys deserved it towards the end but a turnover... cheap but thats the way it goes

(see, i didn't talk sh*t )