E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Sillieidiot | Euro-Division High Powered LED Interior Kit Review

Hey everyone , I got a review for you. Been really busy so I never got the time to post the review until now. As many of you know, I had F1 Autohaus ones in my car. But me being a "lighting freak," I just gotta buy stuff and try them out. This kit from Euro-Division came out awhile back and I got them.

***Interior pictures were taken by evilstar***

For those that are interested, you can go here and contact them for a kit:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...n+led+interior

For DIY check here:
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...75#post9242275

Packaging:

This is one of the things I like about ED's kit over the others. Not only are the packaged in an anti-static bag but they are separated by type and size. The packages are labeled as well and all of the individual bags are packed together in a larger one to keep it nice and neat.

Here are some pictures, though I was too excited so they have been opened

***Also to note, the F1 bulbs are in the bag, not the ED ones as they are installed in the car.***

Product:

The bulbs themselves look good. They are the same or better quality as other vendors. The festoons are made up with SMD LEDs aligned in a grid (basically like the ones used in license plate lights for some vendors). While the 194s are the 5 way SMD ones (many have seen these used as LED sidemarker bulbs).
I didn't take pictures of them since I forgot and installed them already. I'm just too lazy to take them out to take pictures of them lol. I'm sure Euro-Division would be happy to help out with that.

What surprised me the most about the festoon bulbs is that they are using an LED driver for them. Something that I have not seen used for any other interior LED kit.

Installation:

Installation was straight forward. I linked my DIY if you need help. No modifications necessary. No errors on my car.

Performance:

After installing everything, the light output was good. I like the color as they are not too blue, it's more white than what most 6000k LEDs look. For the festoon bulbs, the light output for them was phenomenal. The trunk lights lit up the trunk really well. Definitely made the trunk more usable. The footwell were bright as well as the glove box and vanity mirror. The 194 bulbs, however, weren't nearly as bright as the festoons. When looking directly at them, they were bright, but the output on the seats and everything was a little lacking (still they are way brighter than some of the cheaper LED kits or the blue bulbs). It did not light up the whole interior like seen on their photos. This could be due to bulb design as the 5 sided bulbs are for use in reflector housing, which the majority of the interior housing did not have. Even so, it gave a nice even glow when on. Not too overly bright so that it still looks luxurious, yet modern looking.

Some pictures:
I only took pictures showing how they would look when you unlock/lock your car since most people don't really have all the lights on at the same time. That's just not a realistic use for our cars.

I should have taken some pictures of how it looks with the windows up and everything to show you guys what I mean when it looks like it's just the right amount of light. Not to bright where it's like someone is having a party inside your car

Conclusion:

All in all, this kit is a good alternative to the other LED kits. They are easy going on the eyes. The color temperature looks good. Looks warmer than the cool blue that everyone likes. I've gotten a lot of comments are how they look already, and I've only had them for a couple of days. I'm fairly certain that if you have a lighter color interior, these would look brighter as well.

This would make a great Christmas present for someone if you haven't bought them something lol Plus they are having a sale right now (just looked it up) for the kit. So go get them if you haven't gotten them already.

Hope you enjoyed the review. Since I've this kit and their customer service was pretty good. I might try their HID kit, may be a review for that too?

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide

Last edited by sillieidiot; 12-21-2009 at 10:43 PM.
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
T330

My Ride: X5
Send a message via AIM to T330
Good work Hieu. Thanks for the review
Old 12-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
mcr_driver

My Ride: my favorite two feet
saw this kit in person i actually like it a lot more then other kits out there. it's bright but not blinding bright every time i step into my car. too bad i'm too much of a chunti bastard to wanna spend money on lighting mods
Old 12-22-2009, 05:19 AM   #4
Ashhong

My Ride: 2002 325i
can you take a pic of the lights with ur dash lights on? i want to see how they look against the amber. i really like the amber light that shines down on the shifter, does this kit replace that as well?
Ashhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #5
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
yea i can do that for you.

no it does not replace the amber light the shines down (none of the interior LED kits do). those are 3mm LEDs that you'll need to desolder/resolder if you want to change that.

since you're somewhat local, you can always come by and take a look at them in person if you want.

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
poofy

My Ride: tC
Just met up with Hieu and looked this kit in person. Definitely looks good. I really like the color, it's not as blue as the other kits I've seen.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
SmokedBMW23

My Ride: Estoril 98 M3/4
Just saw this review. Good Job. Great Member too
Old 01-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
Dan@Euro-Division
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: m3
Dan@Euro-Division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #9
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
those are the same exact bags that i got the autohaus ones in

sillie i gotta shoot you a quick PM if you don't mind...

Tags
euro-division, interior leds, led, review