E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #21
glenn2m

My Ride: 2003 330i
Had the exact problem this fall. Ordered the switch, replaced it, all good.
glenn2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #22
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
I like the swap switch with another to see if it works.

If not, the only other thing I'll add, and I hope helps someone, someday at least...

Years ago in my '92 325i my window had some weird problem...and I think it was similar...it would go down in one press, but going up, it would only move an inch or two with each pressing of the switch.

Somewhere, thankfully, I found a DIY that fixed that issue for just the cost of a dap of epoxy.

There was a magnet in between motor and regulator mechanism...on a shaft that signaled when window was up (or something). Anyway, this round magnet had slide down the shaft maybe a half inch...because of that window failed.

If you search windows, magnet, regulator, E36, I bet that will come up...can't say it'll fix your issue, but I love these free fixes for something BMW would otherwise charge $350 for part and $300 for labor.

Anyway, for the archive if not there already.

Doug
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #23
mickey513

My Ride: e46
WINDOW REGULATOR.

I replaced 3/4 window regulators on my e46 already. You would think that the last thing you would have to worry about on a $40k+ car is the window not rolling up....
mickey513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
glenn2m

My Ride: 2003 330i
search under my user name, back in August I had the same problem. Turned out to be the switch, not the regulator as everybody seems to think.
glenn2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 AM   #25
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
How much do they usually cost...I'm checking ebay and I'm looking at 100+ bucks ...sounds right? maan bmw
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 AM   #26
BigMikeE46

Well guys check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-E...Q5fAccessories

They got a repair kit for 10 bucks shipped. I haven't opened the door panel to see if this is the faulty thing but can anybody make any sense in this working? He has good rating.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #27
TxTorqueMade

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via Yahoo to TxTorqueMade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4life123 View Post
Well guys check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-E...Q5fAccessories

They got a repair kit for 10 bucks shipped. I haven't opened the door panel to see if this is the faulty thing but can anybody make any sense in this working? He has good rating.
Like to know about this myself.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #28
BigMikeE46

Talking cheaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTorqueMade View Post
Like to know about this myself.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ndow+regulator

thats the cheaper way...Havent tried it but its almost FREE! and alot of other users say it worked
Old 01-08-2010, 06:58 PM   #29
Timmer Boesch

My Ride: 2001 Red M3 Coupe
Unhappy PLEASE ! PLEASE HELPPPP!!!! Window Problems

Ok, -19 in colorado today, bought a mini cooper s convertible as my winter car to my Red M3. Anyway still want to drive M3 on nice days.
A. Window went down would not come back up. 2 mos. ago it started
B. Have done: replaced switch, replaced motor, replaced regulator.
Now. With all new parts still no widow up, when I remove motor and still
have it hooked to switch and press down the motor spins for about 25 seconds, then stops. If I hit or hold the Up switch , I just hear a faint click in motor but
no spinning of gear, What is going on I am at my wits end please any advice will be appreciated...

Last edited by Timmer Boesch; 01-10-2010 at 10:01 AM. Reason: no replies yet, please reply
Timmer Boesch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
only down, switch, window