E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.83 average.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:38 AM   #201
royceyokono

My Ride: 2005 325ci
alright guys. I got my racelands installed and DAMN! I am IMPRESSED! I'm coming from an h&r Sport Cup Kit bought and installed in September 09. Took them for a spin today after I got them installed and noticed the differences instantly. I am currently riding at the lowest setting in the rear and 7 threads up in the front. The ride is definitely smoother than the h&r race springs which is exactly what I wanted. I thought the Sport Cup kit was just a little to firm for my taste. It pretty much rides like the OEM Sport Suspension in my opinion. So this is day 1, I'll keep posting updates.

Oh and I had no problems with the installation, I already had Ground Control adjustable end links prior to installing. I DID have to make a run to checkers to pick up some wheel spacers because my SSR GT3's were rubbing against the soft spring in the fronts. The spacers quickly remedied that and it's running perfectly now. I'm very satisfied with this set. Again, I'll keep updating as time goes on.
royceyokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #202
poynter

My Ride: Jetta
Thats nice that you can just run out and get some spacers that fit.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #203
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royceyokono View Post
alright guys. I got my racelands installed and DAMN! I am IMPRESSED! I'm coming from an h&r Sport Cup Kit bought and installed in September 09. Took them for a spin today after I got them installed and noticed the differences instantly. I am currently riding at the lowest setting in the rear and 7 threads up in the front. The ride is definitely smoother than the h&r race springs which is exactly what I wanted. I thought the Sport Cup kit was just a little to firm for my taste. It pretty much rides like the OEM Sport Suspension in my opinion. So this is day 1, I'll keep posting updates.

Oh and I had no problems with the installation, I already had Ground Control adjustable end links prior to installing. I DID have to make a run to checkers to pick up some wheel spacers because my SSR GT3's were rubbing against the soft spring in the fronts. The spacers quickly remedied that and it's running perfectly now. I'm very satisfied with this set. Again, I'll keep updating as time goes on.
wow, you rate these higher than cupkits? snap.
say ah, what are you doing with your cupkit rear shocks, im looking for a pr.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #204
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.

Last edited by RAFF112; 01-14-2010 at 08:25 AM.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #205
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
southpaw and some other guys found toyota endlinks that work they posted it in aggressive wheels thread

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.

Last edited by RAFF112; 01-14-2010 at 08:23 AM.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:22 AM   #206
royceyokono

My Ride: 2005 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
wow, you rate these higher than cupkits? snap.
say ah, what are you doing with your cupkit rear shocks, im looking for a pr.
I wouldn't say I rate them higher as of yet being I haven't put many miles. It definitely is not as harsh a ride as the cup kit. I know some people like the firmness of the cup kit. Oh and I'm actually using my rear shocks from the cup kit in the rears.
royceyokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #207
lafabritto325ci

My Ride: 2008 E90 335i
i should be ordering mine soon.... some people got me kind of looking the other way but.... i have yet to read something negative about them....
Old 01-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #208
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by royceyokono View Post
I wouldn't say I rate them higher as of yet being I haven't put many miles. It definitely is not as harsh a ride as the cup kit. I know some people like the firmness of the cup kit. Oh and I'm actually using my rear shocks from the cup kit in the rears.
bastid
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #209
Confisk8d131

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I've got about 2k on my coilover kit, with even a trip to the mountains, so far so good everything is just like new

Full Race Suspension // RL Coilover's // UUC Sways // UUC 6speed shifter // VR Endlinks // Umnitza Orion's V2 //
FXR Retrofit // Chris Brown Mod // ACS Strut Brace // Smoked Corners // iPod Interface // HID Fogs //
Confisk8d131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #210
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
southpaw and some other guys found toyota endlinks that work they posted it in aggressive wheels thread
Are they cheaper or something?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #211
gianni 328

My Ride: Topaz E46
i love mine!!! just got them installed and they ride quit good! i was suprised.
gianni 328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #212
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni 328 View Post
I guess Raceland's come with an added bonus of a 7 year old's vocab.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #213
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I thought that just came standard with BMW drivers?

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #214
kevro

My Ride: e36,e36,325it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
dude, you recently posted about your super bad ass minor in possession ticket, yet you post like you are the most amazing thing that ever walked the planet, particularly in raceland threads, could you please. please. please... bless us with some info regarding your godlike status. Maybe start a new thread (im sure it will be a long list of godlike achievements), you are clearly ficking better and smarter than everyone else in e46fan's so I'd like to know why exactly. is it all your experience with being 19???

or maybe you can just stop being such a know it all, pompass ass.
ever heard of a typo?? the funniest part is you pointed out the obvious typo but failed to point out the blatant misspelling in his thread.

Last edited by kevro; 01-17-2010 at 05:58 PM.
kevro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #215
kevro

My Ride: e36,e36,325it.
Quote:
I love mine too! I installed them and they do ride quit good! that was a special treat for my buddy matt.
kevro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #216
gianni 328

wow! another freaking idiot i have to explain why i put quit. hey reeee-tard. is that ok...or like kevro said mr. know it all...i was on an i phone so it does auto correct and it manually put in quit! is that ok? is there a law on here that says i cant make mistakes? are you an english teacher? are you gonna correct my essay? if not then ****off!!! oh wait ****off is two words! **** OFF!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #217
gianni 328

ohhh yea and "HARDPARK'D TT why dont you go and park your **** box on the rite forum! this is for e46...if your that bored why dont you create your own forum. audiTTfaggets.com i mean audiTTfanatics.com LMFAOOOOO
Old 01-27-2010, 03:12 AM   #218
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
Quote:
ohhh yea and "HARDPARK'D TT why dont you go and park your **** box on the rite forum! this is for e46...if your that bored why dont you create your own forum. audiTTfaggets.com i mean audiTTfanatics.com LMFAOOOOO
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 AM   #219
justinlau_hk

My Ride: 325i
RL coils sound like a pretty good deal, I might switch from my current ZHP to that just for fun..lol

btw, there were one member who mentioned about product out sourcing in China/East Asia. Sorry, i forgot who it was, and I am too lazy to go back. lol
I agreed with him. My dad's once had to out source some speakers for Panasonic, and found this factory in China that produces all kinds of electronics, such as TV, home theater system, etc
And he told me the factory really just use what they produce and fit them into a speaker cases that were designed by Panasonic, then package and ship them to the US for sale as Panasonic products. And so does Sony, and Samsung.
Basically, the electronics we are using in the States that costs us hundreds of dollars have no different in quality from what people in China uses, which probably cost them $50 per piece.
So at the end of the day, RL might not be that bad after all, and probably/possibly/hopefully the same quality as other branded coilover systems.

Also, I was pretty shocked when i saw the price of the RL coilover as well as other members here. $240 for the whole set!! Really? And i saw people judging the quality that we get from RL, which i did too. Well, I also tried looking at it in a business perspective, they are just trying to increase the market shares in the US. This low cost strategy seems to be working pretty well so far. I think another member mentioned something about it as well. For an example, the TV brands Vizio and Olivia are both fairly new to the market compare to Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic. Now they are both pretty mature and settle with their market position in US. People on the eletronics forum probably thought they were crap as well, because they were so cheap? I got an Olivia 27" LCD TV back in 2005, and it was around $400, when Toshiba was selling for almost a $1000. Well, my TV is still working, beside the fact that it doesn't have HDMI port, I am pretty satisfy with the purchase. I think RL will slowly move from the low end segment to at least the middle segment in the car parts industry in the next 4-5 years. And if so, they are still going to be selling the same kit that we are complaining about, but only at a higher price. And by that time, the next generation of 3series after e9x will be out, and no body will remember how much e46fanatics hated RL, but think that they are the good sh1t.

I must say $240 for RL is for sure a better VALUE than paying 1k for DDM. That's just me. =/

Last edited by justinlau_hk; 01-27-2010 at 06:05 AM.
justinlau_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #220
TheRusski

My Ride: gone...
Quote:
No need for that man

Tags
coilovers, ebay, raceland, review