E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
eas - Custom Finishes on VMR V718's

We were the first to bring you Gunmetal, and again the first with Matte Black with VMR's CSL wheel, V715, V710 and so on. Now adding to the lineup a select few colors that we found to be missing out in our lineup.

The pictures that are in this thread are just to show off the colors. These colors are applicable for the new V718's that were just released. If you have any questions on the possible finish of the powdercoated wheel, please contact me directly.

Custom Powder Coat finishes will include:
-Competition Gold
-Bronze Metallic
-Jet Anthracite
-Texture Black
-Storm Grey

Here is a photo of Jet Anthracite and Bronze Metallic:

Competition Gold:

Storm Grey:

Textured Matte Black:

Custom Finish 19":
19"x8.5" +20mm
19"x8.5" +35mm
19"x9.5" +45mm
19"x9.5" +22mm
19"x9.5" +33mm

Tire size recommendation can be located on the website for your specific model. Since the listed sizes can be offered for several different models, if you are unsure of the tire size made for your specific vehicle, please feel free to ask!

<< Click here for 19" Wheels

Wheel & Tire Packages:

In addition to the most popular wheel on the market, we have great wheel and tire packages for your BMW on our site, over 150 different wheel/tire combinations including brands such as General, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone, Kuhmo, Michelin, Pirelli & Yokohama to choose from:

<< Click here for 19" Wheel/Tire Packages

*All finishes include powder coat and clear coat
*All finishes come with a 3 year warranty

If you have any questions in regards to the new finishes, please feel free to let me know via this thread, PM, email or simply just give me a call directly.
david @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
rares

My Ride: 02 S54
Send a message via AIM to rares Send a message via Yahoo to rares Send a message via Skype™ to rares
siiiiick
Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
snitzl3

My Ride: e60 LCI
Send a message via AIM to snitzl3
Jet Anthracite and Storm Grey are money in da bank
Old 02-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
kmyles

My Ride: 01' 325i
Will these be available in 18" at some point?
kmyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #5
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
I have read that powder coating degrades the integrity of the wheel due to the high heat process... That's one thing I wouldn't powdercoat.
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #6
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmyles View Post
Will these be available in 18" at some point?
At this time there are no plans for 18"s. Like any other wheel that VMR has put out though in 18". If there is enough demand for it, VMR will consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87 View Post
I have read that powder coating degrades the integrity of the wheel due to the high heat process... That's one thing I wouldn't powdercoat.
Incorrect. There is some truth to what your saying, but that's only if the heat used to bake the powdercoat on is too high. If done properly and all the steps are taken to prevent this from happening, then you'll get a perfectly good wheel.

Don't believe everything you hear
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
snowcatxx87

My Ride: 04 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
Incorrect. There is some truth to what your saying, but that's only if the heat used to bake the powdercoat on is too high. If done properly and all the steps are taken to prevent this from happening, then you'll get a perfectly good wheel.
I'm not believing everything I hear, kind of a low jab coming from a sponser, isn't it? Basically calling me gullible and on the verge of stupidity.

This information came from a local powdercoating shop, and they do not recommend wheels for this reason.
snowcatxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
david @ eas
Past Site Sponsor

Got a new swatch for you guys to look at. Here are three of the colors. Jet Anthracite and Bronze Metallic are both Matte finishes where as Competition Gold is Gloss.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcatxx87 View Post
I'm not believing everything I hear, kind of a low jab coming from a sponser, isn't it? Basically calling me gullible and on the verge of stupidity.

This information came from a local powdercoating shop, and they do not recommend wheels for this reason.
What Jurrian is stating is true, lots of mainstream wheels (including VMRs standard finishes) have a powdercoated clearcoat from factory.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #10
ThatGuy_JZ

My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 325Ci
Send a message via AIM to ThatGuy_JZ
Powder coating is used on rims, motorcycle and car frames, and all kinds of structural parts. It's very durable. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Snowcat, what you're thinking of in terms of sacrificing metal strength is like when people cheap out and torch their springs to lower a car or something like that, I'm talking turning the metal bright red.

EAS that texture black finish is friggin sex, that would match my exhaust perfectly. If I had a different theme going on I'd be on that.

Last edited by ThatGuy_JZ; 02-13-2010 at 07:45 PM.
ThatGuy_JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Was thinking about pulling the trigger on a new set of rims. Love the Jet anthracite and storm grey. Would love pics of them on a CB or black car....

Last edited by M3_POWER; 02-14-2010 at 02:38 PM.
M3_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
tom @ eas
european auto source

My Ride: e92 S/C M3
All inquiries replied - and a couple of weekend orders shipping first thing Monday morning.

Glad to be your #1 VMR wheel choice and largest stocking distributor.
tom @ eas is offline   Reply With Quote