E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #201
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

My Ride: is totaled :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert336 View Post
mine sat in the garage ever since mid day friday, and its still sitting in there lol.. summer tires + snow/icy back roads = nasty wreck
That was my concern. The Pilot Sport PS2's that are on the back aren't to found of slick conditions. After I manged to get the car out of the parking spot I went for a little drive to see how the main roads were. As I was coming back home, I ended up turning the car around in the middle of an intersection close to the house. Luckily there were no other cars around. I wish I still had my PZero Nero M&S's on the back but that's a whole other story.

Last edited by zhp pilot; 02-02-2010 at 10:28 AM.
zhp pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #202
Bert336

My Ride: 330i ZHP 6MT
i have General UHP, for one i dont like the way they look...makes the tire look like a truck tire...two, i get no traction when is cold and wet... and three they suck in snow
Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #203
steveje

My Ride: 04 330ci Convertible
Speaking of the weather, I was out last Friday during the real bad snow. When I left the club at about 4am, I couldn't see the streets. I tried driving home but I ended up almost hitting a light pole so I parked at a gas station and had a friend get me in a 4x4. I told someone at the gas station that it was stuck and they said it was cool to get it later. I came back Sunday morning and they towed it.
steveje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:11 PM   #204
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveje View Post
Speaking of the weather, I was out last Friday during the real bad snow. When I left the club at about 4am, I couldn't see the streets. I tried driving home but I ended up almost hitting a light pole so I parked at a gas station and had a friend get me in a 4x4. I told someone at the gas station that it was stuck and they said it was cool to get it later. I came back Sunday morning and they towed it.
If you left the club at 4 am, it sounds like you shouldn't have been driving in the first place, but I don't know the whole story. Sucks they towed your car though.

Last year, during the only snow/ice storm we had, I became stuck in a gas station parking lot. I went there well after the storm began just trying to get a few things because I had no idea how bad it was going to get. Both exits for the station are uphill and proved to be too much for my car. Did the same thing you did, called a buddy with a 4x4. We had to use a shovel and rake to clear out a path from the pumps to the parking stalls just so I could park it. The next day, the car wouldn't even move because of all the snow packed in the rear wheel wells from my attempts to leave. It was basically solid ice by that time.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #205
steveje

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp pilot View Post
If you left the club at 4 am, it sounds like you shouldn't have been driving in the first place, but I don't know the whole story.
I'm not sure what you're meaning. I'm thinking maybe you mean if I was drinking? I'm not a drinker, so I was cool to drive.

I even had trouble getting the car home once I got it back. My driveway is steep so I couldn't even park it properly. I finally got everything shoveled, but it looks like its gonna snow again. I'm not taking the car out this time if it does.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #206
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're meaning. I'm thinking maybe you mean if I was drinking? I'm not a drinker, so I was cool to drive.

I even had trouble getting the car home once I got it back. My driveway is steep so I couldn't even park it properly. I finally got everything shoveled, but it looks like its gonna snow again. I'm not taking the car out this time if it does.
Yeah, I was talking about drinking. Do you work at the club? I'm guessing it closes at 2 a.m. like most do.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM   #207
steveje

No, I don't work there, just hanging out. Maybe I should clarify, this was a club of the exotic variety. They usually close a little after 4.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #208
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
No, I don't work there, just hanging out. Maybe I should clarify, this was a club of the exotic variety. They usually close a little after 4.
Ah yes, that clears it up. Was it Christie's?

Old 02-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #209
steveje

Not this night. A friend and I tried Chester's, but it was really weak so we went down to Players Club, which turned out to be great. I went to Christie's a few weeks ago and we had a good time. I actually tried to run by Christie's last night around 3am, but they were already closed, must have been a weak night. Haha, I sound like a fiend, but I can't sleep sometimes, so what better way to kill time.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #210
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Not this night. A friend and I tried Chester's, but it was really weak so we went down to Players Club, which turned out to be great. I went to Christie's a few weeks ago and we had a good time. I actually tried to run by Christie's last night around 3am, but they were already closed, must have been a weak night. Haha, I sound like a fiend, but I can't sleep sometimes, so what better way to kill time.
I hear ya. The last time I was in G'boro for "play" we went to Christie's for my friends bachelor party. What a night! They decided to bounce to a different club and the limo left me there. They couldn't find me right before they left so a joint decision was made to have the limo come back and get me after I realized they had left. The reason they couldn't find me was because I was doing my thing up in VIP.

I do make it to G'boro quite often but it's usually for work. Our corporate office is there.

Last edited by zhp pilot; 02-05-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #211
steveje

Yeah man, sounded like a good night. Tonight was possible outing. It's supposed to be a birthday bash for one of the ladies at Players Club, but weather is sucking again, so I don't think I'll be making it out. Who do you work for that's out here in GSO?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #212
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Yeah man, sounded like a good night. Tonight was possible outing. It's supposed to be a birthday bash for one of the ladies at Players Club, but weather is sucking again, so I don't think I'll be making it out. Who do you work for that's out here in GSO?
Sutton-Kennerly & Assoc. They are on Pomona Dr. But that's just our corporate. I work for the Charlotte office.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #213
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
Quote:
Sutton-Kennerly & Assoc. They are on Pomona Dr. But that's just our corporate. I work for the Charlotte office.
Off topic a lil but I bent one of my rims going to Charlotte yesterday...People need to know how to scrape snow not pavement! I might be heading to charlotte to get it fixed when it stops snowing/sleeting its horrible outside.

Below is a pic taken on 1/16/10
Photobucket
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #214
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeE46 View Post
Off topic a lil but I bent one of my rims going to Charlotte yesterday...People need to know how to scrape snow not pavement! I might be heading to charlotte to get it fixed when it stops snowing/sleeting its horrible outside.
Oh man, sorry to hear. Did this happen on 85 or a secondary road? Why were you down here?

BTW, everything goes in this thread. Nothing shall be labeled as "off topic."

Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #215
BigMikeE46

My Ride: 02 325i, 03 SC COBRA
Send a message via AIM to BigMikeE46
Quote:
Oh man, sorry to hear. Did this happen on 85 or a secondary road? Why were you down here?

BTW, everything goes in this thread. Nothing shall be labeled as "off topic."
well i was heading down to SC, it was on 85 . I was going down a ramp to get back on the highway and there it was....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Below is a pic taken on 1/16/10
Photobucket
BigMikeE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #216
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
damn mike, that sucks.

when yall are in greensboro you should check out The Gold Club, its a really really really nice looking gentlemans club. actually. since most of our memeber base is dudes, i think we should have a meet there sometimes. but the girls are hot, and the place is classy. drinks are a little expensive though. i think one time house vodka was like skyy for like 6-7 dollars a shot.
"You makes me sick" officer responds, "So worried about your BMW; but don't even notice your left arm is missing?"
"OMG.." lawyer replies. "Where's my Rolex?"
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #217
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photogenic View Post
damn mike, that sucks.

when yall are in greensboro you should check out The Gold Club, its a really really really nice looking gentlemans club. actually. since most of our memeber base is dudes, i think we should have a meet there sometimes. but the girls are hot, and the place is classy. drinks are a little expensive though. i think one time house vodka was like skyy for like 6-7 dollars a shot.
We have a Gold Club down here but it's getting close to the bottom of the barrel. I hope the one up there is much better and not related to the one here. The two best ones here are the Men's Club and Uptown Cabernet, but the Gentlemen's Club is also nice. BTW, I can practically see the Gentlemen's Club from my office. It's only 1/4 mile away.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #218
AjordanM3

My Ride: 04 E46 M3
Just checking in from Concord. I just moved there from Cornelius, unfortunately zhp I never saw you around town.
AjordanM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:59 PM   #219
zhp pilot
Falling from 14k ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjordanM3 View Post
Just checking in from Concord. I just moved there from Cornelius, unfortunately zhp I never saw you around town.
Welcome to the forums. What color is your M? Any mods? I used to see a couple different ones driving back and forth to work on 77. Did you take 77 to and from work?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 PM   #220
Rotha

My Ride: N/A
Quote:
We have a Gold Club down here but it's getting close to the bottom of the barrel. I hope the one up there is much better and not related to the one here. The two best ones here are the Men's Club and Uptown Cabernet, but the Gentlemen's Club is also nice. BTW, I can practically see the Gentlemen's Club from my office. It's only 1/4 mile away.
lol the one up here is pretty nice. i think. but lol
"You makes me sick" officer responds, "So worried about your BMW; but don't even notice your left arm is missing?"
"OMG.." lawyer replies. "Where's my Rolex?"
Rotha is offline   Reply With Quote