E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
contrite

My Ride: M3
how do these compare to the harmon kardon system?
contrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 AM   #22
freed0m1

My Ride: 2004 330i zhp
i have the full stage one set up, the speakers and the sub. They are a great step up from the hk system. These are not speakers and subs to set of car alarms. i listen to my music loud and these do an amazing job. the quality of the sound is just amazing and the music i listen to definetely makes the bsw system have to work for it and its just amazing. well worth it. ive had it in my car for nearly a year and couldn't be happier
freed0m1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwheelsdriven View Post
...about 3 minutes on their website and you can learn that the drivers are Rainbow, which is a highly respected German car audio manufacturer. The cost breaks down to about ~$60 a driver. Its not junk. It may not be the route I go since i have a closet full of old school ADS, but everything I've read about them and reviews points towards quality.
Actually, they WERE Rainbows. However, we moved to sourcing our own drivers and everything we sell is 100% BSW proprietary. We moved to our own products from the very good Rainbows be cause we were able to actually build a better product for the same money but eliminating a middle man -- enhancing product quality instead of our bottom line.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #24
downwithbrown7

My Ride: BMW M3 Droptop
if i were you i would check around for other speakers
with the bsw system with a full upgrade being amp and speakers it will be at least 1300 without install (but its pretty easy to do)
the tweeters are very good but i have seen may systems that are far better than mine so i think there are better options out there.
my sisters infinity fx thumps loud stock, my parents honda oddessy is comparable to my bsw stage one system so its not very flattering considering i spent 600 bucks on my stage one.
get a quote on how much a shop will charge you with some decent speakers with a decent amp. i think you will me much more satisfied that way. anyway bsw is charging 700 bucks for their amp.
you can probably get some good speakers and a good amp in for under a grand.
just my 2 cents
Old 11-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #25
Micah D. Cranman
Sponsor

My Ride: '03 ZHP
Keep in mind our Stage 1 is working within the limitations of the stock amplifier. So your comparison to another entirely different vehicle isn't an apples to apples comparison.

In any case, the Stage 1 with our amp upgrade will exceed the performance of most aftermarket solutions in these cars by a long shot because our solution is optimized specifically for the car in question. Sure, you can get another solution to sound great, but you need a thorough understanding of car audio principles and understand how to TUNE the vehicle, something most people lack. It's the same reason why Moton suspension systems are a bad solution for the average customer -- they don't know how to set them for their needs, so the usually end up performing worse than a simpler coilover kit.

Also, we always offer a discount when customers buy multiple products together, so a Stage 1 + amp should be closer to the $1200 mark. We are also working on reducing the prices of our products across the board and should be able to do so on an ongoing basis -- but we aren't going to do so until the inventory issues we've had recently are resolved.

BSW | Audio Solutions for YOUR BMW
www.bavsound.com | 404-963-8857

iPod Integration | Plug & Play Speakers | Subwoofer Solutions | Satellite Radio | HD Radio | Bluetooth
Micah D. Cranman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 AM   #26
Aalecki

My Ride: e46 330xd Touring
I searched the forums for this answer but to no avail. I have a euro e46 Touring without an amp. Naturally I need to upgrade this system. On your website you have info that Stage 1 is in development as well as the Amp, I understand and I can wait. I still don't know if your system will work in my car without the factory amp same in quality as with amplified cars. If not, should I order the BSW amp as well? Is it also plug and play since I have not looked for amp connections in the luggage compartment.

Cheers,
Aalecki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bsw