E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 70 votes, 4.93 average.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #20201
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
yeah, maybe if i have time, this week.
we'll see. im amped right now. its all falling into place nicely.
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #20202
robb1887

My Ride: 00 Mshoe
heh I bet, new goodies are always a good amper. If you wanted help with the stereo reinstall Im pretty free... lemme know
Old 02-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #20203
330i SDJ

My Ride: '02&'97 M3, '71 2002
Send a message via Skype™ to 330i SDJ
Hey, anyone in the area looking for an e46 M3 SMG convertible, my buddy's dad is selling his. I believe it's a 2003 with 50-60k miles. Garage kept and in perfect shape, I really can't think of ANY flaw the times I've seen it. It's either steel gray or silver gray, can't remember which, with black leather. Starting price is $20k, negotiable. Obviously, if anyone is interested I'll put you in touch with him...just wanted to throw it out there for the local guys!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #20204
Swish

My Ride: 2004 M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i SDJ View Post
Hey, anyone in the area looking for an e46 M3 SMG convertible, my buddy's dad is selling his. I believe it's a 2003 with 50-60k miles. Garage kept and in perfect shape, I really can't think of ANY flaw the times I've seen it. It's either steel gray or silver gray, can't remember which, with black leather. Starting price is $20k, negotiable. Obviously, if anyone is interested I'll put you in touch with him...just wanted to throw it out there for the local guys!
Not a bad asking price at all!

"If you want to move past racism, you have to STOP LABELING EVERYTHING BY RACE / 2000_328CI"
Swish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #20205
robb1887

If this was a year from now I'd be all over this probably... still in college sucks for free money
Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #20206
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
hey snik asking a favor from you...or anyone who knows about e46 wheels. i need to know all of the wheel sizes and show a pic of all of the e46 3 series wheels throughout all of the years that the e46 existed.

I'm asking because someone wants to give me some 3 series wheels but I'm not sure if it will look decent. the style is a 5 spoke wheel looks to be an 18 inch wheel but not sure.

*i've finally got some angel eyes today...i'm wiring them up right now. they're not plug n play.*
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #20207
robb1887

sounds like a hell of a search to post on someone else... why not just get pics of the wheels and see if you can match them yourself?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #20208
jwm5

My Ride: station wagon
search the wheel forum section, there are a few websites that list all oem wheels with pics, but I cant think of any at the moment...

edit found one : http://www.bmwwheels.com/ but you would need to know which one, there are a bunch of 5 spoke designs...
jwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #20209
IB RearWheelin

My Ride: Rental...for now.
hey robb the guy across from you in your sig...the wheels are similar to those but they are 5 spoke. what size are his wheels?
IB RearWheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #20210
hcaleman

My Ride: E36 M3
Find the wheels on here:
http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

It's all in german, but it is fairly easy to navigate and find what you need.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #20211
robb1887

heck if I know... when my Hard drive crashed I lost all the photos so I can see them large anymore. That was Jeff's friend, Mike? I think.. ask Jeff?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #20212
bpalm004

My Ride: E36 M3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb1887 View Post
heck if I know... when my Hard drive crashed I lost all the photos so I can see them large anymore. That was Jeff's friend, Mike? I think.. ask Jeff?
Do you have windows vista? Same thing happened to me recently and I lost EVERYTHING. What a sh1tty experience.

I'm going to buy a Mac when my warranty expires.
bpalm004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #20213
hcaleman

Vista does suck. Try out linux, start with Ubuntu if you are intimidated by mystical linux learning curve, it's really straightforward, easy to learn, and tons of software to replace just about anything you could want. I've been running it on my main home PC for years. I need to get around to building another PC and drop in one of the newer releases and maybe try out some of the other releases.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #20214
robb1887

7... it was a bad hard drive, the comp isnt even a year old yet.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #20215
hcaleman

Was it an HP? They have had issues lately on multiple laptop models with failing hard drives.

WHY DID THIS NEVER CATCH ON? Link to hot glowing tire awesomeness:
http://www.life.com/image/2668080/in...umb-inventions

Last edited by hcaleman; 02-16-2010 at 10:04 PM.
hcaleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #20216
Snik
OEM ///Member

My Ride: IR M3 Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IB RearWheelin View Post
hey snik asking a favor from you...or anyone who knows about e46 wheels. i need to know all of the wheel sizes and show a pic of all of the e46 3 series wheels throughout all of the years that the e46 existed.

I'm asking because someone wants to give me some 3 series wheels but I'm not sure if it will look decent. the style is a 5 spoke wheel looks to be an 18 inch wheel but not sure.

*i've finally got some angel eyes today...i'm wiring them up right now. they're not plug n play.*
http://www.bmwwheels.com/bmwwheels_s...eries=E46&ws=0
Snik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #20217
robb1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcaleman View Post
Was it an HP? They have had issues lately on multiple laptop models with failing hard drives.

WHY DID THIS NEVER CATCH ON? Link to hot glowing tire awesomeness:
http://www.life.com/image/2668080/in...umb-inventions
nope, dell
Old 02-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #20218
bpalm004

Quote:
nope, dell
Mine is a Dell to.

Expensive computer+microsoft operating system= epic fail

Microsoft's main concentration is profits. Therefore, they could care less about the quality of their products as long as people continue to buy them.

Examples of sh1tty products: X-Box, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile, etc, etc.

I really hope companies like Sony and Apple wipe MS off the shelves. And the funny thing is I USE to be a strictly Microsoft kinda guy, but they have let me down in more ways than one...
Old 02-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #20219
RSDeuce

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quote:
7... it was a bad hard drive, the comp isnt even a year old yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpalm004 View Post
Mine is a Dell to.

Expensive computer+microsoft operating system= epic fail

Microsoft's main concentration is profits. Therefore, they could care less about the quality of their products as long as people continue to buy them.

Examples of sh1tty products: X-Box, Windows Vista, Windows Mobile, etc, etc.

I really hope companies like Sony and Apple wipe MS off the shelves. And the funny thing is I USE to be a strictly Microsoft kinda guy, but they have let me down in more ways than one...
Umm... his hard drive failed. That has literally nothing to do with the OS attached, you know that right? Macs are based on the same hardware, so is any Linux box.

And uh... do you think that Sony and Apple are just making things to save the world? Ever noticed how much PROFIT they make?

Yep, Vista sucked and WinMo still (and always will) suck, but c'mon man...

I am not particularly inclined to care about any of the above, but everything just posted was fanboy crap.
RSDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 AM   #20220
bpalm004

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDeuce View Post
Umm... his hard drive failed. That has literally nothing to do with the OS attached, you know that right? Macs are based on the same hardware, so is any Linux box.

And uh... do you think that Sony and Apple are just making things to save the world? Ever noticed how much PROFIT they make?

Yep, Vista sucked and WinMo still (and always will) suck, but c'mon man...

I am not particularly inclined to care about any of the above, but everything just posted was fanboy crap.
Yea, it may be fanboy crap but I had to do a huge project on MS a couple years ago for a Strategic Management class...

And let's just say much of the progress Microsoft has endured was based on A LOT of shady business practices. So when you add that to the fact that virtually every Microsoft product I've owned has failed on me in more ways than one, you will understand the basis of my biased opinion.

Of course Sony, Apple, nor any other company will save the world with their products. But from what I've researched these companies base their success on overall values, quality, and customer satisfaction. Profit is just the outcome of these characteristics.

I would much rather see these guys succeed over MS any day.